Part 1: Business card

Promise me?

                                           

The streets aren't normally this crowded. Lu han thought as she crept down the streets of Beijing. The 23 year old pressed her lips together and pushed her way into the horde of people.

"E-excuse me...Coming through...O-oh! Sorry!!" The civilians glared and shoved Lu Han side to side, not even caring if they pushed her off onto the streets. "Ok..um...excuse you." Lu Han scowled, finally noticing that she was on the road. She headed back onto the sidewalk, her heels tapping along the pavement as she quickly made her way to her destination.

The door bell chimed,"Aunt Mae?" Lu Han opened the door to the small chinese restaurant. "Aunt Mae?" Lu Han whispered not wanting to disturbed the customers. Aunt Mae walked out of the kitchen and waved over to the clueless girl by the door.

"Lu Han, could you be a deer (dear.. keke. see what I did there.;) and go wash the windows? It's getting a bit foggy, and that lazy waitress isn't working today, so I am taking her shift. I would wash it, If I wasn't so busy." Aunt Mae lifted her finger pointing to the large window in front of the restaurant.

"Ah..uh...ok. Let me just change first." Lu Han walked into the staff room and pulled out an old grey hoodie, jeans, converses, and a red cap. She pulled her amber colored hair up into a messy bun and placed the red cap over it. Carefully, she placed her other change of clothes on a chair nearby, grabbed a washcloth and a bottle of surface cleaning spray, and headed out of the restaurant.

She rolled up her hoodie sleeve's and began to hum softly to a tune that was stuck in her head all day.

5 minutes later~

A man in a black suit approached a 'boy' cleaning windows. He fixed his tie and cleared his throat just when the latter looked up to him. "Hello. I am Mr. Kim from SM entertainment." The 'boy' placed down the washcloth and stood up. "SM?"

"Yes. SM. You, young boy, have a delicate voice and a good facial feature. SM would like you to join Kpop and become an idol."

"B-boy? K-pop?"

"Yes. Here is SM's card. please think about it. Call the number once your decision is made or to make reservation." "Reservation?"
"For the audition we are holding, here at the town center." So that's why it is so crowded, Lu Han thought. "Please feel free to stop by. You can fill in applications there or the phone. Thank you." The man bowed and left Lu han standing there with a business card in her hand."Boy? Kpop? Sm? Idol??" Her face swelled up with confusion, which then led her re-entering the restaurant with no means to do so.

Aunt Mae stopped gathering the dirty dishes and looked up to where Lu Han was standing. Except, she wasn't looking at the bewildered girl by the door, but rather a tall, stern, man behind her. The man came in grasping a small white envelope between his hand. He scanned the room until his eyes landed on Mae.

Lu Han, however, did not seem to see all of this and was still standing there dazing off of how she was asked to be an idol..more or like a male idol. Then something struck her. Literally. It pushed her forward, nearly bumping into a table. She clasped her hands on the edge of the table to stop her from falling. Within a second, she abruptly craned her head to see who so pushed her.

The man walked past the fallen girl and straight to Aunt Mae."Your rent is due. It is my final offer to you mam. It has been past 5 months since your last pay. Either lay it up, or your place closes." Aunt Mae shook her head sadly."I...I don't have the money...but if I could--"
"No ma'm. There are no more excuses. The bank is telling you. this is your last chance."

"Aunt Mae? What's going on?" Lu Han snuck up behind her. "I don't have money Lu Han. I..I" 
"No! You can't give this place up! It's been with the family for generations! You can't! Aunt Mae, YOU CAN'T. It's the only place I have left to call home..." Lu Han's voice softened as she said home. The memories flooded back into her mind. She was only 6 when her mother and father died. Her home was sold, her stuff was missing, everything was gone until her grandpa brought her into his home. She loved her grandpa, a lot. He would always care for her, do everything with her.

But that did not last long as she hoped. Lu Han's grandpa passed away because of old age. Now, their house is sold, her stuff was missing, everything was gone again until she finally was welcome to her Aunt's restaurant down in Beijing. She grew up with this restaurant and it had became attached to her. She couldn't give it up. No. She never wanted to. It's not selfish. It's for everyone's sake as well. For her aunt, her grandpa, her parents, yes, all of them. They are all now part of this restaurant.

"I'll pay for it."

"Lu Han! What are you doing!?" Aunt Mae's sad, pale face turned into a shocked one. "I'll pay for it. I'll pay the rent." "Really? Then where's the money?" "Uh......I'll pay the rent back before the end of this year. Just give me time."

The man shook his head."I can't do that. The rent is due 5 months ago." 
"Then I'll pay it back. Don't punish Mae with this. I will promise you I will pay it back. If I won't succeed, then you can sell the restaurant and I will pay twice as much. If I do, we keep it." The man kept quiet.

"....Ok fine. I'm nice like that. Deal." He stuck out his hands and Lu Han shook it. "..but, the rent is about 1,330,000 yuan..." Aunt Mae turned around at Lu Han,"that's a lot of money, Lu Han. How are you going to pay for all of this..and the end of the year is only 7 more months." Her face grew worried.

"Don't worry, Aunt Mae. I have an Idea." Slowly, Luhan pulled out a small business card from her pocket."...but first, do you have a pair of scissors?"


So I don't really know how auditions really go like... But since it's a fanfic..I made it up. X3

I hope u like my story so far!

if it's too short.. I'M SORRY! T-T i promise i'll make it longer next time!

SORRY i took so long to update! i have been caught up with school work and tests. 

Thank you _pandasweg for helping me with this story!

Comment, upvote, and subscribe!!

~s.XOXO