ToGetHer

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“In real life, love has to be possible. Even if it is not returned right away, love can only survive when the hope exists that you will be able to win over the person you desire.”

-Paulo Coelho-

 

I felt absolutely hideous in the morning. I hadn’t slept well, my body sored and my head ached. Sleeping on the couch after hours of plotting my evil scheme had finally showed the result. I scanned the house with a half opened eyes, and the nauseating couple was nowhere to be found. They must be gone to work early this morning, as the time already showed 10 am.

I dressed up quickly and drove to the office in a swift. I felt slightly anxious to meet her, impatient to be exactly. I needed to see her as soon as possible, before she changed her mind. I wanted her to see the reason why we should still be together, and I needed to show her how important I am in her life. And I only have a month to convince her, after a year that I couldn't accomplish.

A month. That’s the only time I hoped that she was willing to give.

Chaerin was waiting for me at Beverly’s this afternoon, her clothes were as usual, but her face was still wrong. There was something buried in her eyes that I couldn’t be sure of and it scared me. I almost had to run to my car again, retreated in front of the war. I didn’t want to bring up last night, but I wasn’t sure if avoiding the subject would be worse.

I pulled out a chair in front of her and sat down.

“How are you?” I asked softly.

“Fine.”

I ordered chicken sandwiches and she settled with a bowl of garden salad. We ate in silence; no words had been spoken, either from her or me. There were so many things I wanted to say, but most of those things would have to wait, because I have to make sure, that she’s ready to be open minded.

The afternoon passed slowly. After we’re finished our meal, she stared at me with those beautiful yet cunning eyes. And my heart trembled.

“I’ve giving a lot of thoughts about what you said…last night. And you’re right. I was being unfair to you,” she said. “So, right now, I will listen to whatever you wanted to say about us. And whatever you want I will give it to you. And in return, I want my freedom.”

I bit my lower lips to prevent my heart from breaking again. I could feel a swell in my eyes started to build up. It took a lot of restrain power to harden my heart and somehow I managed to calm myself.

“A month, that’s all I’m asking for.” I picked up a brown envelope that I put on the next chair and handed to her.

She mumbled something intangible as she took it. She pulled out the white A4 paper and her small eyes widen.  

She gasped. “You want me to do this? For a month? This is what you think a wife should do?”

“Yes,” I answered shortly. My intention was clear and I didn’t have to elaborate longer.

She scoffed lightly. “Number one: taking care of the family business. It includes, my meal, my clothes, my baby and the house.” She shifted her gaze from the paper onto me. “We already have a maid for that, Seungri. Why should I do that?”

“Because that’s what a good wife and a mother do.”

“Maybe you can just marry Min Young for that.”

“Maybe I should…after we’re divorce.” Not wanting to lose, I played the game the same way that she did.

She groaned inwardly. “Number two: be a good friend.”

“You said about how wrong we are when we first started. So I want us to go back to basic, to all kind of relationships in the world. A friend.”

“That much I can do.”

I smiled faintly.

“Number three: skinships when necessary. What’s that supposed to mean?”

I bent forward. “You know like, holding hands when we’re strolling on the beach or…or arms in arms when we’re standing in a public occasion. It’s good for the paparazzi.”

“I don’t think I want to go anywhere with you.”

Smiling, I rested my back on the chair again. “I suggested that you read number four.”

“Honeymoon?”

“Yes.”

“We had passed the newlywed period, Seungri. I don’t want to go anywhere, not with you.” She tossed the paper on the table. Her face hardened again.

“We never go for a honeymoon when we’re married because you’re pregnant and I don’t want to make things harder with your morning sickness. But right now, let’s just go somewhere together. Spending some valuable and memorable time. Just think of it as a farewell trip.”

I shot her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter