Letting go

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m technically single but my heart is taken by someone I can’t call my own…”

 

“What’s your dream wedding?” I asked, glancing at Chaerin who was sitting next to me on the sandy beach in Hawaii. Her face was calm, beaming under the blaring sunlight. She wore a sunglasses and a fedora to shield her from the heat. And under the wide clear blue sky, with just jeans and white shirt, she definitely looked amazing.

Both of us decided, (or we could say that I decided and she just came along…or dragged) to go to Hawaii for the farewell trip just as I planned before we’re married. Spending the last week as the married couple.  And after almost ten hours of flight, we landed on this beautiful island and right now, we spent the afternoon gazing to the sparkling sea.

My heart suddenly ached.

I’ve failed to impress her.

I have to let her go.

I have to say goodbye….

But before that, I have to give her something to remember. Our memories together.

She smiled sweetly. “I’ve never dream of anything. I’ve never dream of getting married before. So, I’m just lack of fantasy.”

“Oh, come on. You must have wanting to do something,” I demanded, looking at her earnestly.

She chuckled gently. “Well, if you wanted to know…maybe I’ve dreamt about it once in a while,” she said, staring at me and shifting her gaze back to the sea. Her voice turned to be hopeful and cheery tone. “I want a very simple wedding. Just the bride and the groom and maybe, a couple of friends. We would dress casually. He will wear a bow and I’ll have a veil and we would ride around in a scooter and shout out loud in the middle of the town that we’re married.” She laughed softly. “That…will be wonderful.”

I smiled at her. “It is wonderful,” I commented, bemused.

Her gaze turned to mine and her eyes were twinkling. “Thank you. But it just was nothing; it’s not that I will be able to do that. My parent will never allow me to do something extreme like that.”

“Well,” I said, standing up, brushing the sand off my pants. “Something they never knew will never hurt. Let’s go.” I reached for her hand and hauled her off the shore.

“What? Where to?” she screamed as she walked hurriedly to follow my quick steps.

 

I rented a scooter and both of us were riding to the nearest town. I stopped on a boutique and came out with a red bow on my neck, a white short veil, a small crown hair clip and a tutu.

Chaerin laughed hysterically. “You want me to wear a veil…and a tutu…on a scooter?” she asked bluntly.

I grinned. “Yes. That’s what you want.”

I helped her with the veil while she hooked the tutu on her waist. She giggled the entire time, ignoring the whispering crowd as we stood on the side road. Her face reddened.

I stared at her after we’re done. She looked absolutely gorgeous, with the veil and a tutu over her black skin tight jeans.

I grabbed a stalk of sunflower on the nearby florist and handed it to her. She took it with a smile and we rode the scooter again. We arrived on an old white church and I dragged her inside.

Both of us stood at the altar and gazes locked in each other’s eyes. I held her hands and flashed a huge grin.

“What are we doing, Seungri?”She hissed.

I hushed her down and cleared my throat.

“We are gathered here today to join together, Lee Seungri and Lee Chaerin in the holy matrimony,” I began with a wide grin. “If anyone can show just cause why they may not be lawfully joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace.” I glanced around the empty hall and I heard Chaerin’s faint laughter. “I take it as no objection,” I muttered, fixing my gaze back on her, and I smiled. “Do you take Lee Chaerin for your lawful wedded wife, to live in the holy state of matrimony? Will you love, honour, comfort and cherish her from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto her for as long as you both shall live?”

Chaerin’s face fell to the ground and she bit her trembled lips.

 “I do,” I uttered confidently. Her face lifted to mine in an instant.

“Do you take Lee Seungri for your lawful wedded husband

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter