Trust

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“People ask me why it is so hard to trust people. I ask them why it is so hard to keep a promise.”

 

I was one hundred per cent sure that I was dreaming. Not because of the heavenly and walking-on-air kind of feeling, but her expression; it’s so magical, almost angel-like that I’ve never seen before. Not since I married her. She smiled sweetly at me. Something that she rarely does.

“Wake up,” she cooed softly with her velvety voice and I swore that was the most melodious sound on earth I’ve ever heard in my entire life. Just like a lullaby. And it’s dragging me back to sleep rather than waking me up.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

A loud thump on the door startling me and I woke up instantly. I stared groggily at the closed door and cursed profusely at the intruder. Waking me up in such a rude manner deserved a few bad words. I slummed into the bed again and pulled my blanket up onto my face, trying to catch up with my unfinished dream rather than facing my rough reality. Hell hath no fury than the woman scorned but right now, I’m in my heaven.

“Lee Seungri, I’m saying it nicely now. Wake up,” a voice suddenly broke on the other side of the door. “…or I’m going to destroy your stupid door. It’s yours to decide.”

Annoyed to the threat, I walked wobbly to the door, unlocked it and flung it open. A woman in her office uniform; deep blue blazer, turquoise ruffle blouse underneath and black pencil skirt, standing steadily in front of my door like a volcano waiting to explode with her arms across her chest.

“What?” I asked vexingly with my half-closed eyes. I leant my arms on the open door and my other hand on my hip. She better had a complete saving-earth or a matter of life and death excuse for ruining my perfectly serene morning and wonderful dream. Two things I was hardly had on the same day.

She inhaled deeply, calming down herself. “I just want to tell you that I’m going to Bangkok in the afternoon for three days-”

“I don’t remember telling you to ask for my approval for everything that you want to do. I guess we had make it clear to mind our own business.” I shot a boring gaze at her. From the time she had agreed to marry me, she had this rules and regulations on how our marriage life will be like. Like a marriage guide. The dos and don’ts. And living your own life without any interfering with one another was the first on the list.

“I’m not asking for your permission. I’m just telling you.” She walked down the stairs. “You don’t have to be such a baby about it,” she mumbled.

Ouch. That’s hurt.

I don’t know why people always referring me to a baby. Not that I argued for being compared to their loveliness and adorableness but in my case; I was just an immature brat, whimpering out of dissatisfactions. Well, that’s not true isn’t it? I was just father the most beautiful angel and that I thought was manly enough.

“Why didn’t you just put a memo on the fridge? It will save a lot of energy and your precious time,” I asked as she took another step down.

She turned around to meet my eyes. “I though you hate that. You said it’s like living with a robot that has post-it plastered on the wall and you sick communicating with a machine." She glared at me and I knew she was mad. Mad as hell that I had to remind myself to slap my mouth the next time I’m about to utter any unnecessary remark. “People talk,” she sung my old argument that I had forgotten.

Unfortunately, she didn’t.

“And you only tell me now.” That’s it. Slap your mouth,Seungri.

She scoffed. “Just be thankful that I even told you that.”

 

I stared blankly at Namsan Tower from the rooftop of my building, with lit cigarette between my fingers, and there I stood. Sometimes I wondered how mar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter