Truth

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And then I realized…you weren’t trying to make me love you, you were trying to make me love me…”

 

Teddy Park, a famous song producer/song writer/rapper/attractive guy. To make things short he is an amazing person.

And the more I see him, the more amazing he became in my eyes.

I’d smitten by his effortless charms.

He and I grew attached. He became my friend and we seldom meet. Chatting in the coffee shops, hanging at the bar and danced all night long.

I was free.

No attachment.

No relationships.

Nothing.

And I was happy.

With him, I’m able to be myself. I don’t have to live up to people’s expectation. And living in his kind of life style, his life was the guidelines. No rules, no limits. No boundaries. You can do whatever you like and nobody can judge you.

There’s no wrong like there’s no right.

He’s used to be in the sportlight, and being with him, I couldn’t avoid the flashing lights and the whispering crowds. In the beginning, I was aware of their sharp-murderous glares. I was scared of their silent thoughts. But as the time gone by, I don’t care anymore. I’ve became immune by the abominators. They could say anything they want; they could do whatever they want, I didn’t care less.

Let the haters sit and stare.

 

Teddy invited me to join him in a party. One of his artists had launched an album and he wanted me to become his date. Reluctantly, I accepted his offer.

It’s not that I’m uncomfortable being with him that put me into consideration, but I’m just afraid that he would see my kind response on his every date proposal as a willing act for a relationship development. From friends to lover.

I don’t feel like that for him. Not now.

I just need someone to talk to. A shoulder to rely on. A friend. And I’m not going to lose such a perfect friend for a useless love relationship. I don’t want to risk it again.

I don’t want to give him hope although; I’m already made it clear that I’m not ready in seeing someone yet. And he obliged. He said he just wanted to know me better, and after that, if I wanted us to be more than a friend, he just happy to be whatever I wanted him to be.

I’m touched by his words.

That just what I like about him. He let me be in charge. He gave me options and he let me decide.

He's unpredictable and I'm able to be free whenever I'm with him.

 

The party was mind-blowing. Famous people gathered in a huge place. Shimmering lights and loud music. Actor and actresses whom I only saw in TV, beautiful and skinny girls were scattered on the dance floor in the arms of suave gentlemen. It was…wonderful. I guessed it’s good to be popular. Being in the crowd, where people actually knew who you are could be exhilarating.

A lot of people were asking us about our relationship and with rumours circulating around the medias, the curiosity of us just getting bigger and bigger.  He politely replied to the reporters that I’m his new friend and we’re not actually dating like what had been reported.

But then, he added jokingly. “I was having a quite unsuccessful attempts to court her, maybe all of you can write something good about me that could make her into thinking, ‘Ah, he’s not that bad. Maybe I should try to like him.’ Something like that. And I’d really appreciate your effort.”

Everyone was laughing at his witty remarks. But I didn’t. I was trembling. Maybe because I’m the only on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter