The kids are alright II

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I may not be your first love, first kiss, first sight, or first date but I just want to be your last of everything…”

 

Being away from the hustle and bustle of the city life certainly has its perk. No more traffic jammed, polluted air and clouded mind. Even the sound of stillness was entertaining and peaceful. I always love the life in the countryside- fresher air, the tranquility and of course, the modesty and traditional. A very different air compared to the hectic city.

My reverie was suddenly interrupted by a loud shriek from inside the house. Chaerin’s thundering screamed followed by thudding sound made my heart beats thumping hard.

I yelled her name repeatedly and darted to her room. My gaze scrutinized her room furiously. Trying to find her as soon as possible.

Empty.

My heart was beating fast and I was shivering. My mind filled with all kinds of possibility. Did something bad happen to her? But what? She was hurt? Is there any burglar? Or maybe…she was kidnapped by an alien?

Please, Seungri. Can’t you just think a better and more logical explanation? Really, Seungri, alien?

Think, Seungri. Think.

 My hands were sweating. My pulse was racing.

“Seungri....”

Chaerin’s weak and soft voice caught my ears and I glanced around to find where the voice coming from.

“Chaerin, where are you? What happened?” I felt a little bit relaxed after hearing her voice- erasing all the bad thought that might happened to her.

“Here. Bathroom,” she continued. “I fell.”

I rushed to the bathroom and twisted the doorknob but it was locked. “Are you OK? Do you want some help? Open the door, let me help you.”

“I…can’t…move.”

“Unlock the door,” I urged. The thought of her in pain, hurt me as well.

“I’ll…try.” She groaned and then silent.

“Chaerin?” I called impatiently. My heart thundering again. I placed my ear close to the door.

“Close…your…eyes.”

“Why?” I replied vexingly. It’s not even a time for a surprise event. Why I should close my eyes?

“…I’m…,” she uttered softly.

“So?” I asked bluntly. It’s not that I’ve never seen her . Well, just once to be truly honest. But I…have a very good memory.

“So, I don’t want you to see me being .”

I heaved a sigh. “It’s an emergency, Chaerin. I’m your husband and there’s nothing to be ashamed of. Just open the door.”

“Just close your eyes!” she screamed.

I rolled me eyes and shut it tightly. “Fine, I have them close. Now, can you open the stupid door?” I heard the creak of the wooden door and my hands floated up aimlessly. “You have to tell me where to go. I can’t see anything.”

“Three step to the right. And lift up your hand,” she paused as I followed her order. “Pick up the towel on the rack.”

I picked up the towel and stood still, waiting for her next order. “What now?”

“Hand me the towel. Bring it to the left.”

I felt a hand grabbing the towel and I waited again. “Are you decent? Can I open my eyes now?”

“…yes.”

Finally, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter