Present and future

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story..."

-Orson Welles-

Seungri

I smiled upon seeing her, jumping around my rooftop terrace and finally she stopped at the edge of the building, staring into space now. I moved to her side and lifted her face up on me. She smiled a little and she brought her gaze towards to sky again. I followed her acts and my eyes laid upon a clear blue sky and puffy clouds.

“So, this is what your world looks like. The world of Lee Seungri, a wealthy heir and not Nakatsu Suichii, a crippled waiter in a sushi bar. This is crazy. Your life is…perfect.”

I smiled faintly. I don’t know how perfect my life was.

“It was nothing. I’m just an ordinary guy.”

She shook her head at my statement and she muttered ‘it’s magnificent’ in a low voice, maybe just for herself.

As soon as I left Chaerin at her office a few days ago, I drove around Seoul just to find Keiko’s silhouette among the growing crowds. And I found none.

Defeated, I called for help and gladly, Jiyong came for the rescue (as always). I asked him to find her and after two days searching around, I succeeded in convincing her to stay at my apartment. I’d told her everything, the man I was, the man she met and the man that left her couple months ago. A man who broke his promises.

“I’m sorry,” I uttered softly. Guilt and disappointment followed my words.

I saw her sweet smile behind her flowing hair. “There’s nothing wrong in going home. And this…is your home.”

“But I left you after I promised to protect you, to take care of you. I’m sorry that I forgot…”

She continued to smile as she grabbed my hands and my apologies stuck in my throat. “Don’t be,” she said. “…I’m not here to hear your apology. I’m here to see you happy again. And I’m glad that I’m able to see that. To see your smile.”

My heart melted. I felt warm inside. “Thank you,” I said, smiling.

“So, if you’re a rich brat like you’ve told me, can you show me around your city. I’m dying to see how wonderful it is to be you. And your daughter…can I meet her?”

My smile widened. “Of course, be my pleasure.”

 

Chaerin

“I’m not jealous!”

“You’re hurting your burrito.”

Exasperate sigh slipped out from my mouth. I tossed my lunch back to the plate and got up instantly, walking to the sink and washed my hands. Ketchup and mayonnaise smeared on my palm like my hands were bleeding but the truth was, it’s not my hands that were hurt.

“Then what? Explain.”

Yuri’s annoying voice rang again. “Nothing. I’m fine. It’s not that this is the first time I saw him with a girl, I mean…he’s Lee Seungri. Women are his clothes. Today he wear it and tomorrow he’ll discard it, like a piece of trash. Like something invaluable…like a bubble gum that doesn’t even tastes sweet anymore…” my voice trailed off and my eyes stung.

Urgh, I really hate this feeling.

“Hey, he loves you, Chae.” Yuri put her hands on my shoulders and gave it a little squeeze “You’re the only one for him and he’s the one for you. No one can tear you apart.”

I lifted my gaze to her lovely face and I tried hard to believe her words like I did years ago. “I wish I could say the same.”

 

Seungri

“What are you doing with her again? I thought you already made up with Chaerin,” Daesung voiced out as I stared at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter