Happily Ever After?

Jongdae's Favorite Toy

The next day I found Kai and Jongdae outside my house. They are brawling on the first second and when they see me, they'll act like they are not doing anything and they just smile to me like an idiot. They're idiots. My inner self can't help but smile. 

 

"Is your bag too heavy? I'll bring it for you." Kai tugged my bagpack which is NOT heavy.

 

"Is your bookcase too heavy? I can do it for you." Jongdae takes my bookcase which is again, NOT heavy.

 

 When I am free of my bag and my case, they looked for  something else. 

 

 "Are you thirsty? We can stop by to that store and buy you some drinks." Kai offered. 

 

 "Are you hungry? Did you ate your breakfast? come I have food in my bag." Jongdae asked too, looking at Kai like a hawk smiling proudly at his rival. 

 

  I stopped walking. They were shocked. 

 

 "I don’t know what’s wrong with you both and it’s irritating! Kai give me back my bag and I am not thirsty for god’s sake! And you!-"  I’m pointing at Jongdae. "I still don’t want to see you. Why are you here? I think you have some girlfriend to attend to, and that’s not me." Then I walked away, leaving them dumbfounded. 

 

 When they regained their conciousness, they followed me so I stop again, midway, with my most threathening voice.

 

"And one more thing, if you followed me or do this thing again, I’ll call the police and tell them the two of you are my stalkers who want to kill me. Understand? Let me walk away first. Annyeong." And I continued walking, grinning. But my smile didn’t reach my eyes. Of course, I’m still hurt from yesterday. And why the fck is Jongdae here? It is now clear to me that he don’t love me. ’Of course, you’re his toy he doesn’t want to share.’ My inner self scowls at me.

 

Jongdae is unfair. He still makes me as his toy even though he have a girlfriend. That beautiful and talented Liyin. 

 

 "I’m garbage when I stand next to her." I manage to whisper. 

 

 "To whom?" A beautiful voice asked me from behind. And when I turned around, I saw her, all beautiful lashes flutter to me. I can’t help but smile bitterly. 

 

 "It’s nothing! I have to go." I bowed to her and stepped away from her. She held me by my arm. I looked at her again, hiding my irritation. 

 

 "You’re lucky. I envy you." She smiles and let go of me. What? Lucky? Me? It is her who’s lucky, having Jongdae as her boyfriend, the man I love as her boyfriend. I was about to ask her why but she’s gone. 

 

 "Eh? Too weird." And I started heading to my classroom. I’m not appeled when I saw Jongdae sitting to a chair next to me. I just rolled my eyes at him and proceed on sitting. 

 

 When we were on the middle of the lesson about Newton’s Law, a hand passed a note to me. I looked at Jongdae who’s acting like he’s listening very hard to our teacher. 

 

 

 ’I think my gravity likes you.’ 

 

 PS: Liyin is NOT my girlfriend. 

 

 -Chen 

 

 I hid my smile and took a piece of paper from my notebook and started writing. 

 

 

 ’I don’t get you. Why does your gravity likes me?’ 

 

 -Pissed Seatmate 

 

 He passed another note. 

 

 

 ’Because I kept on falling for you.’ 

 

 PS: I can sense your smile from here. Please forgive me. 

 

 -Your Most Handsome Classmate 

 

 

 And now I can’t even hide my smile. When I looked at him, he’s doing the same, smiling at me. He’s nuts. And I’m nuts too, for him. 

 

 I made another note. 

 

 

 ’Please stop sending non-sense notes to me. Ms. Sunny might see us and scold us. I don’t know why you’re like that do please 

 

 don’t make me confuse. I still hate you.’ 

 

 -Pissed Classmate 

 

 He was about to put another note again when Ms. Sunny swat his hand with a ruler. I looked at her, she’s looking at us, with her cute but angry eyes. 

 

 "I want the both of you out of my class right now!" She shouted at us. She was about to hit Jongdae again when he got up and held my hand to run outside. We can still hear Ms. Sunny’s angry shout so we ran like there’s no tomorrow.

 

We reached the school’s music room. Which is I think Jongdae’s haven. He led me in, still holding my hands. 

 

 He made me sit on the piano, then he sat beside me. He look at me and smiled, opened the cover of piano and started singing. 

 

Ehgeh uhn-jen-gah watt-dun, nuh-yeh uhl-gool-reul giyuk-heh
Mum chwuh eetdun neh-mahm eul, meebgehdoh gojangnan neh gahseum eul
Nuh-yeh hwa-nan misoga shweebgehdo yun-guh-ya

Geureh geu-ruht-keh nehgah, nuh-yeh saram-ee dwen guh-ya
Moht-natt-dun neh-choo-wuk deuree, eejen giyuk-joh-cha ahn-nah
Nahreul kkokjahbeun sohn-ee bohm-chuh-reum tta-tteut-hehsuh

Eejae kkoom chureum neh mahm-eun
Geudeh gyuh-teh, gah-mahn-hee mumchwuh-suh yo
Han soon-gan-do kkeh-jee ah-neun "kkeut-ubbneun" kkeum-eul kkwuh yo
Eejae soom chuh-reum neh-gyuhtteh
Hangsang shwee myuh, geu-ruht-keh eessuh joo myun
Nothing better nothing better than you
Nothing better nothing better than you

Eejae kkoom chuh-reum neh mahm-eun
Geudeh (poom-eh) "gyuhteh", gahmanhee (ahngyuheetjyoh) "mumchwuh-eet-jyo"
Hansoon gando kkeh jee ahneun kkeuttubbneun kkoom eul kkoo jyo

Eejae soomchureum neh gyuhteh
Hangsang shwee myuh, geu-ruht-keh eessuhjoo-myuh
Nothing better nothing better than you
Nothing better nothing better than you

Nothing better nothing better than you

 

 I looked at him, he’s playing the piano while looking at me. He’s singing those lyrics to me. When he’s finished, he took my hand. 

 

 "I know, I always make you cry. I don’t know why but I’m sorry, I’m sorry that you have to suffer because of me. I love you. I love you from the very start. I just don’t don’t know what came into my mind and made you my toy. Of course, you’re that most special toy I don’t want to lose. I love you. I love you." 

 

 My tears are racing with one another. I felt that my heart is going to come out from my chest. I’m so happy and I can’t help but to laugh and cry at the same time. Jongdae looked at me, puzzled. Like I’m an idiot but he loves me! He loves me! My heart swells with joy. 

 

 "B-but yesterday, Liyin-" He stopped me. 

 

 "That was meant for you. I did that for you. But the Liyin entered and I can’t turn her down because of the crowd. That was meant for you baby. Because I want to send to everyone that I love you. Saranghaeyo. 143, 486." then he kissed me. This time, it was with love. His kisses were drowning me. Now I can be happy. Knowing Jongdae love me too. 

 

We kissed like there's no tomorrow. When he stopped kissing me, he still don't release me, he just kept on giving me small kisses, which by the way made my knees melt so I have to cling to him and hug him too. 

 

"Are. You. My. Girlfriend. Now?" He asked between his little hot kisses. I can't help but shyly nod at him. Savoring this moment with him.

 

"Yes!" He jumped and held me up. Making me dance with him. He's so happy. Well, I. AM. HAPPY. TOO. I hope this happiness will last.

 

----

 

We had lunch together, and people started staring at us and whispers, which made me blush harder. They're looking at us with troubled eyes, I want to shout to them and tell them Jongdae is mine but I can't because Jongdae is holding my other hand while eating his spaghetti with just one hand. He looks at me and smile, squeeze my hand harder. Smiling with me with mouthful of spaghetti.

 

"Don't mind them." He says.

 

"I know." Then I smiled at him too and eat my sandwich.

 

"Do you think they're couple? How 'bout Liyin?"

"Maybe she took Jongdae from Liyin, that ."

"She's hopeless."

 

Those girl's whispers can be heard. I rolled my eyes. If they can just shut their mouths. Jongdae suddenly let go of my hand and stand on his seat, his mouth is full of spaghetti sauce which he doesn't care to wipe.

 

"Hey guys! I'd like you too meet her, my girlfriend. Yesterday, I made a simple production, which is for her and not for Liyin. Liyin knows that, you can ask her. And if I hear another rant about her again, you'll have to say it to my face. NOT BEHIND OUR BACK. So please, I really like to eat my spaghetti peacefully." Then he bowed to the girls and proceed on eating, while again, holding my hands.

 

I can't help but flush. This is too much love from Jongdae. I turned my head around to see other people's reaction and I saw a couple of girls who's glaring at me. They're the iest group in this school, which as I've heard, loves Jongdae so much.

 

Someone mouthed me, "You're soooo dead."

 

I gulped.

 

What's next?