Bye Jongdae

Jongdae's Favorite Toy

A month goes by and our school is still in a commotion because of Jongdae's declaration of love towards me. Of course we've been the hottest issue in our school, the news spread even to other schools where Jongdae is also famous. But even though thousands of people disagree with our relationship, Jongdae still makes me feel like I'm his princess. He doesn't care about what other people say about me. That's why I love him.

 

It's our first month as lovers. A month after the piano incident which led us to this relationship. He was supposed to be fetching me so we can go to school together but he texted me that he had something important to do. So here I am, walking my way to school. I was singing 'Nothing Better' when someone held my arms and dragged me somewhere. When I looked in who's dragging me, I saw Hyo, the leader of Jongdae's fanclub. The very same person who mouthed 'You're dead' to me. I was about to shout on her face when I saw Jongdae and Liyin sitting on a bench. That's when I notice that Hyo was standing beside me, I think she lead me here to see this.

 

I looked at Jongdae and Liyin again when they began laughing at each other. They seem happy. They looked like a perfect couple. Right, because they are our school's "Perfect Couple". 

 

I thought Jongdae have to do something important? Is this the important thing he have to do? To be with Liyin? Is he cheating on me? Is he just lying? Does he love me? Is this couple thing is just one of his ways to bully me? Because if it is, I'll never forgive him.

 

I started walking towards the two when Hyo held my arms again and asked me with an evil grin.

 

"Where do you think you're going?"

 

"To them?"

 

"And why?"

 

"To ask what they're doing."

 

"Haha! This dumb girl. Do you want to disturb them? Look at him! He's so happy with Liyin. And I think he does not do that with you. You know girl, you should stop your fantasy. Chen is not for you. Chen's just using you. Get lost." After saying that, she let go of my arms and laughed while walking away from me.

 

 

I stayed rooted on the ground, still looking at Jongdae and Liyin's direction. They didn't notice me yet. Why? Why? Why? 

 

 

Jongdae and Liyin stood up and walked towards the corridor. I looked at him. Hyo's right. He's so happy and he never let me see that kind of smile. I really think it is Liyin he love. And he used me. He just used me to play. I'm his toy. And this is the game he played very well. My knees started to buckle then I fell on the grass. Tears started to race from my eyes, lips shivering.

 

 

This is the real me. This crying girl who loved Jongdae so much, who became an idiot just to make Jongdae happy. Happiness is not for me. And Jongdae is not for me too.

 

 

I was wiping my tears when someone offered a hanky to me. I think he was there the whole time and he saw everything. I don't know what to say so didn't took the hanky but he pushed it to my face and started wiping my face.

 

 

I looked at him. Kai is sitting in front of me. He's still wiping the tears that kept on falling from my face. He was crying too. I grabbed his hand, took the hanky from him and wiped his face with it. The situation looked funny though it is exactly the opposite. Me crying over a guy who hurt me and him, crying because I made his heart broken. Karma's a , I know.

 

"Stop, you don't have to do this. Stop crying Kai. It does not suit a good looking guy crying over an idiot girl." I decided to warm the situation.

 

 

"You're not an idiot. You just love him. And I love you, too, but I guess this is what love is. Crying over stupid things."

 

 

"Yeah, crying over stupid things which will make us strong." I stood up, offered a hand to him.

 

 

"What will you do now?" We sat on the nearest bench.

 

I sighed. "I guess I have to do what my parents want me to do."

 

He looked at me, puzzled. "And what is it?"

 

 

"To live with them in the States. I don't want to but I guess I have to do it now. With this kind of situation."

 

"You're leaving Korea?! That's too sudden!! You know what, you should listen to Chen's explanation."

 

 

"No, I guess Hyo was right. It was just a fantasy. Or a game. Or anything. Kai, I've cried enough. Words can't explain the pain I'm feeling right now. I need to get away. To escape this misery. I need to be happy too." I stood up.

 

 

Kai stopped me by blocking my way. "But, how about me? How about Chen? How about the friends you'll leave behind?"

 

 

"Sooner or later, you won't even know I exist. I'm sorry Kai, my decision is final." I walked past him.

 

 

"I wont. I won't forget you. Even though you've hurt me, I'll still be here, looking for you. I'll still be your crying shoulder. I'll still love you, though it hurts, though it's unrequited."

 

I stopped. Kai hugged me from behind. I'm pleading my eyes to stop crying but my tears betrayed me.

 

"Why didn't I love you instead of him? Why are you so late Kim Jongin? Why are you like this?" Then I turned to him and hugged him too. "Sorry and thankyou Kai. I'll be taking my flight tonight. I wished I just loved you instead, but my idiot mind is with my heart. Sorry. Sorry."

 

 

I cried in his shirt. He ran his fingers on my hair. "It's okay. Maybe someday, or maybe not. We'll see."

 

 

Yeah, bye Kai. Bye Jongdae. I whispered in the air.