Chapter 8

Mine

"That boy has been marked by those vampires since ages ago" Yunho explained with a calm voice. Infront of him was Chanyeol, with a curious face waiting to hear the rest of the story. "I could see it on his body. The vampires have been targeting on him since he was little" the leader said while his fingertips trailed through his books. The older wolf had been in his library ever since they found Kris, read a lot to know the clear explanation of the vampire's plan. It was early in the morning and Chanyeol had awakened because of his curiousty about why Kris was the one who chosen to be the bloodsucker's mate.

"The baby must be half-blooded. It should be between a human and the youngest newborn vampire. It only takes 3 months for the human to carry the baby and after he give birth, the vampires would use the baby in a ritual and after that they would turn into an unbeatable creature" Yunho knitted his eyebrows. "And they didn't write any information about how to abort it"

"Poor boy" Chanyeol sighed. "So this far we couldn't do anything to help him?"

"Nothing...sadly. I will still searching for the methods. Just take care of Kris. Okay?"

Chanyeol nodded and bowed. He went out from the room.

Nichkhun stared at Yunho sharply. "So you just gonna let him imprinting on that boy, hyung?"

"There's nothing that we can do, Nichkhun. When a wolf imprinting on someone, he will keep chasing them. He would die for them. You surely know how it feels when you imprinted on that Chinese's girl back then"

"Then what we should do? How could we tell him that we didn't find any way to abort the baby other than kill the baby's mother?"

"It's gonna be hard to tell him. Let's just search for another way to do it" Yunho sighed, sit on the chair.

"Hyung, it's been a month now!" Nichkhun groaned. "You can't cover the vampire's real plan! That bull about the ritual, how could you lie to Chanyeol? Why didn't you tell him that just by being born to this world, that baby will turn into a very dangerous monster vampire that gonna kill all of us in one swipe?"

"Nichkhun lower your voice" Yunho hissed. "What if the other hear it? It should've been you, me and Taeyang's secret!"

Nichkhun let out a frustrated groan, threw himself on the chair. He ruffled his blonde hair furiously while Yunho kept his best poker face.

Outside of the door, Chanyeol stood with a pale face. He heard everything.

EVERYTHING.

Chanyeol's legs lost its power. He hurriedly went back to his room with unsteady legs, almost gave up when he reached his room. He closed the door and slumped down.

If what he heard is true... That means the wolves didn't have any choice but to kill Kris. Chanyeol felt his head went light at the thought. He balled his fist tightly and stood up. He must see Kris.

Kris was sleeping peacefully in his own bedroom when Chanyeol arrived. His thin frame was covered by Chanyeol's blanket. His lips parted a little and he curled himself into a small ball. Chanyeol smiled when he saw the view.

Ah, Kris. Why are you so adorable?

Chanyeol sat beside the human, sighed deeply. His hand shot out and carressed Kris's hair lovingly, while his heart went crazy of the thought that the werewolves would kill this human. Chanyeol eyed the bump on Kris's stomach. Yes, it's getting bigger. Kris kept squirming and each day he had gotten more and more restless because of the pain. Chanyeol could see that the human lost a lot of weight too. Chanyeol gritted his teeth. The vampires gonna pay for this. They have to.

 

************

Tao eyed his bed with a blank eyes. His mind was clouded with only one thing. Kris. Where the f**** is that human right now? Is he doing alright? Did the werewolves kill him already? If not what they gonna do with his baby? Do the werewolves had known the vampire's plan?

Tao sighed and rested his face in his palm. The image of Kris ran through his mind. Darn. He miss that human. He miss Kris's warmth, he miss how he hug Kris's body closer to his, he miss Kris. When he was with Kris, he felt like he become a human, one thing that he hadn't ever feel since 12 years ago when a vampire stung him with his fangs.

He miss his Kris.

In the other side, the other vampires were busily searching for any traces of the werewolves around the island. They didn't say anything to each other, just fell silent and totally focused on their vision. Frankly, they didn't understand why they couldn't smell the werewolves's scent at all. They could do it before but right now all they could smell is just breeze, dew and water. It frustratred them.

"I think we've been searching around this place for more than thrice times already" Sandara rested his head on the tree. She looked around to find any trace of the wolfs. "Ah, this is so frustrating! Where are they actually?"

"The baby's heartbeat is still as strong as ever" Hara said, closed her eyes. "They hadn't do anything yet. We should find them and steal Kris back if we want to win against those stink dogs"

"Ck. Damn it" Myungsoo cursed. "Tao is so angry. Do you guys notice how he cut down half of the trees in the jungle? What we should do now?"

"I should find them" Sandara spoke softly. "I know it's my fault that the werewolves kidnapped Kris, and I won't let we lost our triumph against them"

"Don't worry, we will find them" Hara smiled and patted Sandara's shoulder.

"Hopefully" Sandara sighed and faked a smile.

Yeah. Hopefully.

 

**********

 

Chanyeol opened Kris's door to find Taecyeon stood infront of it. The big werewolf was casually leaned on the wall. Chanyeol raised his eyebrow in confusion.

"What are you doing here, Taec?"

"Dinner's ready. You should bring Kris outside"

Chanyeol nodded and Taecyeon left. The young werewolf sighed, leaned against the window.

Dinner... So he would ask Kris to have his dinner with people who wanted to kill him? Chanyeol closed his eyes, deep in thought.

"What are you doing here?" Chanyeol's eyes snapped open when he heard the charismatic voice. Yunho.

"A-ah. No, I just...got out from Kris's room" Chanyeol stuttered. Yunho shouldn't need to know that Chanyeol had heard everything that he doesn't have to know from behind the closed door before.

"Call him out, we will get our dinner"

Chanyeol nodded and weakly opened the door. Kris had already awakaned, he was sitting on his bed. His smile curled into a sweet smile when he saw Chanyeol. "Hai, Yeol"

"Time for breakfast" Chanyeol smiled. "Did you have a good sleep?"

"Yes I did" Kris widened his smile, made his way out of the bed and together with Chanyeol went to the dining table.

Chanyeol was uncomfortable. The thought of his packs killing Kris disturbed him. He couldnt concentrate on his own breakfast, while held Kris's hand tightly. Kris was also confused, but decided to eat in silent. Chanyeol stared at Yunho's calm face, Nichkhun flat face and Taeyang's restless face.

What would happen tomorrow? What if all of sudden Yunho decided to kill Kris? What if they have no other option than kill the human?

Kris winced when Chanyeol tightened his grip. "Chanyeol? Something's wrong?" Kris whispered and Chanyeol startled.

"No. No everything is alright"

Kris eyed Chanyeol curiously. Something is definitely not right, but the human decided to shrug it off and continued to finish his breakfast. If there's something terribly wrong, Chanyeol would've told him already but since the tall wolf didn't say anything...

That means everything is alright.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/n

I'm updating two chapters tonight, and gonna update two others tomorrow

Next week I would be flying to Singapore for weekend so I couldn't do any update hehe~

Ggaepsong~ DX

I am planning to finish "Mine" on this March and create a new story, but I haven't think about the pairing nor the draft yet *hiks*

Just like Exo showtime, I think I will also finish this story in 12 chapters, symbolizing exo's members yehet XD

Please kindly wait for me ^^

Good night kiss from Indonesia,

-fallenenigma-