Chapter 1

Mine

     "Kris, wait here for a while okay? Mama will help your dad picking up the food basket. Okay?"

     A 7 years old Kris smiled and nodded his head. He watched his mom ran slightly to the boat, helped his dad took out the picnic stuff. He was about to just ran toward the waves and played with the water when he saw a very beautiful girl stood beside the trees. The girl waved at him, invited him over. Kris ran toward the beautiful lady, stopped right infront of him. His black eyes met the beautiful lady's flawless face.

     "Hei, handsome. What's your name?" The beautiful girl asked with a dazzling smile on her small lips.

     "Kris!" Kris answered the question brightly. "What's Noona's name?"

     "It's Jessica, my dear" the beautiful lady answered while smiling. Her fingers traveled down Kris's nape. The younger boy flinched slightly at the coldness, but his smile remained there. His parents always remind him to be polite to everyone, so cold fingers are not something he should be bothered by.

     "I saw something in your eyes" Jessica said, hand moved to his cheek. "A life..." Kris didn't understand what she was saying. He raised his eyebrows when Jessica inhaled his scent deeply. The girl sighed and put her hand on Kris's shoulder and without Kris's knowing marked the boy with a deep blue mark, made it looked like a birthmark.

     "Kriss!!!" Kris turned around when he saw his mother screamed for him. Jessica hurriedly stood up and pat the boy's hair lovingly.

     "I should go now, baby. See you later" and with that she left Kris, dissappeared behind the dark trees of the jungle.     

     "Kris, who was that? What she wants from you?" Kris's mom slightly ran to her kid, grew suspicious to the beautiful lady that just left.

     "It's Jessica noona" Kris answered. "She just asked my name and then left"

     "You shouldn't be talking to the people you don't know" his mother said, patted his head. "Next time don't do it again. You are lucky she didn't do any harm to you. You, should be careful with beautiful creatures like her" his mom chuckled.

     "She is pretty and kind but I don't like her, mom" Kris said while held his mother's hand.

     "Why?"

     "Because she has weird red eyes..."

 

 

 

                                                                         12 years later...

 

 

     "Oppa look!! I find another coral!!! Yeayy~ I'm winning, onniee~"

     Kris turned to see his younger sister Krystal who was jumping around, showing a piece of pretty coral. Amber scoffed, hands busily searching the other pretty corals. Kris chuckled at them, then sighed happily. This is really a holiday. No work, no study, no stressing out. Everything that he need to do is snapping pictures and having fun with his sisters. Kris's vision traveled from the mountains around him to the clear beach in the front. Everything is too beautiful. His parents did a great job by letting him and his sisters having their fun time here, in a deserted island outside of Seoul. It's perfect. He should capture it right away. His grin went wider. He wished he wouldn't need to go back to Seoul. He love it here. Kris averted his eyes again and it locked with the jungle behind the beach.

     "You guys wait here okay? I'm going to search good spots to take a picture" Kris said while walking to the jungle. He loved taking those pictures of sea and jungle because Seoul doesn't has it. Seoul doesn't has this view. That's why he went crazy over it. Kris stopped when he was already in the middle of jungle. His hand effectively used the camera. Snap. Snap. Snap. Kris was too busy with his own camera until his right foot hit the stone. He fell to the ground with a loud thud, groaned in pain. He pull himself to his position, hissed lowly. Great. His right arm's scratched, blood made their way out of the wound. Kris pull out a tissue, dabbed iton the wound. Falling out and bleed is definitely not his plan. After a few dabs, he threw it on the ground, and back to snapping the pictures. He didn't realize that not far away from him, a pair of eyes were staring at him intensely, eyeing every inch of him. The owner of the eyes was holding something, something white and fluffy with dots of red on it.

     It's a tissue, with Kris's blood on it.

 

 

                                                                                    *

 

 

 

     "The sky is getting dark, we should go back to the resort" Amber said when she saw the dark sky. "It's 6 PM and the wave definitely getting bigger. Crap, we should've gone home at 4! We need 2 hours to reach Labuan bajo from here, this is not good. Come on, Kristal, stop searching for those corals and go back to the boat"

     Kristal stopped her activity and straightened her body. She gaze around, scrunched her nose. "Kris oppa is not here"

     "Go search for him. I'm going to speak to the boat's owner" Amber said while headed back to the ship.

     Kristal turned back and lightly run to the jungle. "Oppa? Oppa? We should go back now, oppa" Kristal called for his brother. She looked to the left and right, didn't find any track of Kris. "Oppa? It's getting dark. We should go home"

     "Arra arra, I'm coming" Kris's voice was heard, and Kristal looked around to search her brother. She stopped in her track when she saw a figure of a boy stood behind the trees not far away from her. "Oppa what are you doing there?" Kristal sighed and walked closer. "We should go home now before the wave drowning our boat down, it's almost..."         

     "Kristal? I'm sorry, I went to take a picture of that cave. You should've came with me, it's a jjang" Kris's voice came from Kristal's back, made her turned around in surprise. She stunned when she saw Kris stood there, with camera on his right hand.

     "K-kris oppa?" Kristal turned back to the place where she saw a figure of a man and knitted her eyebrows when she found nothing.

     "What? Why?" Kris asked in confusion.

     "Tch, it's getting dark. I thought you were there" Kristal groaned, turned her body to her oppa. "Let's go, Amber onnie is waiting on the boat"

     "Arra" Kris said and together they went away from the jungle.

     "Come quicklyy!!" Amber waved her hand from the ship. "The wave is getting bigg~ we don't want our boat to be drowned in the middle of the sea do we?"

     "Yes yes, we are coming" Kris shouted back as he held his younger sister hand, ran lightly to the boat.

     "This island looked quiet romantic at night" Amber commented when she took a glance on the island. "It's suitable for a date. Hihihihihi"

     "Onnie, that place's scary" Kristal protested. "It looked okay in the morning, it doesn't at night time"

     Kris smiled and stared at the island. It is true that it looked romantic, if you prepare enough candle to fight. Yes, it looked scary too, as if you go there in the darkness, you won't coming out alive. You will be swallowed and never come back. That feeling creeped Kris out so he turned his head. Slowly the boat left the island, crawled back to Labuan bajo. Kris sighed, rested his head against the boat's wall. Tch... If only he didn't have to comeback to the Seoul... He would love to stay in Flores for a long time. He loved it here... This far...

 

                                                                               *

 

     A figure walked in a steady pace to a house. It's weird to see such a house in the middle of the jungle. Whoever lives there, must be someone with unique sense and no fear... Or not a human at all.

     "Tao, where have you been?" A girl with wavy long blonde hair asked from living room. Her red eyes widened when she smell something extremely delicious. Blood.

     "I found it" Tao smirked. "Someone's who gonna save us from those human. Someone who could beat all of the warewolves. Someone's who gonna make our plan come true. Someone with the specific details you need Jessica, I found him" Tao raised the blood-dapped tissue before, sent an electricity through the blonde girl who called Jessica automatically. The scent of a fresh and clean blood made her knees went jelly. She gasped and gripped the chai older sister's change. It's true. A human with a clean blood, pure soul... Her sister Jessica's choice.

     "W-where did you find him? I mean... It's been twelve years and he..he didn't show up at all! S-so how..."

     "He showed himself around the jungle today" Tao answered calmly. "See? Now you don't have to sneak out around that human and look for the other fresh-blooded human. This boy, is the only one who has the cleanest blood I've ever smelt"

     "So now where is him?" Jessica asked excitedly.

     "He is heading to Labuan bajo" Tao replied, eyes wandered. "Don't worry, I would track his smell. I wanted to catch him today but there's some other annoying human so..."

     "It's been 10 years" Jessica gritted her teeth. "Finally after 10 years, we could find that fresh-blooded human. I was a fool to let him go. I should've taken him before... There's no way I would search for him one by one through the crowds of Korea. Lucky for us he finally show himself. We should move quicker, Tao. Catch him as soon as possibble, don't miss him again"

     "Got it noona" Tao smirked. "I've kept his scent on my brain already. Ah, by the way you forgot to tell me something about this boy"

     "Ye? What is that?"

     "This human is so pretty..."

      Jessica snorted when her younger brother said that. The beautiful vampire himself just chuckled darkly and turned his head to face the wide sea.

       "Wait for me, ne, Kris wu-ssi"