Chapter 7

An Alternate Universe

The next day came more quickly than the boys had expected.

Kibum had returned to Taemin, and their ‘foreign’ friends.

Jinki had stayed in his room.

 

It was now just about noon, and the four boys were running through the fields, grins spreading across their joyous faces.

They ran for what seemed like miles, passing all the different flowers that filled the long running fields. There were many different ones, mostly ones that Taemin had picked out for the Kingdom, seeing as his brother wasn’t necessarily one for flowers. Kibum helped as well. He chose a few of the flowers, one being his particular favorite, the roses. Not the regular red ones, but the colored ones. It sounds like something straight out of a movie, but nonetheless it’s his favorite, and that’s why the colored roses take up one large section of the field.

The boys ran for a while longer before taking lying in the green grass that stood below them. They talked about different things, from what they liked to do, to what their favorite color was.

One conversation that struck the two boys from Seoul the most was when they talked about school.

“What do you mean you don’t go to school!?” Jonghyun gaped, not believing the words that came out of the boys’ mouths.

“We don’t go to school,” Taemin giggled. “We never have and we never will.”

“It’s not a part of our, what you would call, ‘culture’.” Kibum nodded.

“That’s crazy!” Jonghyun began, “If you two don’t have to go to school then I rebel!” He said, still baffled beyond belief.

“Jonghyun you can’t just drop out of school because they don’t go..” Minho finally spoke.

“What makes you say that, huh frog face?”

“Well first of all we probably don’t even live in the same century as them.”

And he didn’t need to explain any further.

Another conversation that struck the two Trans boys was the one they had about the differences between their land, and Seoul.

“What’s Seoul like?” Taemin asked, staring at the clouds like they would show him the ‘magical’ place of Seoul.

“Well,” Minho began, “It’s a big busy city. Full of tall buildings and bright lights. Street vendors and flashy clothing. Full of people and shopping bags. All in all it gives off good vibes. It’s a cheerful city. “

Kibum and Taemin both stared at the sky with blank faces.

“What are street vendors?”

“People who sell food on the streets.”

“What are shopping bags?”

“Bags that people carry newly bought things in.”

They both let out simultaneous ‘ah’s

“So how’s Trans different than Seoul?”

“Well first off we don’t have street vendors and shopping bags.” Kibum said matter-of-factly.

“It’s a more... Laid down city if that’s what you would call it. There are not bright colors or bright lights. Then again we’re not really in your time period.. It’s a more neutral city. There’s not a million people roaming the streets, and we’re usually at work.”

“It’s amazing how different two places can be.”

“Indeed.”

The four boys laid there in solemn silence, enjoying the fresh air, and the soft breezes.

As the sun began to set, they decided it would be best to head back to the castle.

 

Now you must be wondering, why haven’t the two Seoul boys gone back home yet? Well that’s an easy answer, another difference between Seoul and Trans is the time. While time in Trans may feel the same as time in Seoul, it’s completely different. A month in Trans is the equivalent of a day in Seoul.

 

The four boys returned to the large castle just in time, as the King was searching for them.

Jinki smiled as the boys entered the room. And Jinki’s smile didn’t fail to make anyone else smile, for he has the most blindingly bright smile that could cheer up a crying child in just seconds.

“Hello Hyung!” Taemin greeted his older brother, as the other three bowed in respect.

Jinki nodded in response, “You boys don’t need to bow, I’m not that important.” Jinki laughed, ushering the boys to the couch.

Jinki took his seat across from the boys, crossing his legs as soon as his hit the chair.

“Now, we have a few important things to discuss. “