Chapter 3

An Alternate Universe

The next 20 minutes were oddly silent for the three boys. There was little talk and just mostley staring before the long awaited knock on his bedroom door came.

“Come in!” Jonghyun said, loud enough for Minho to hear, but not loud enough to wake anyone throughout the house.

The door cracked open to reveal Jonghyuns frog-eyed friend, Choi Minho.

Minho silently closed the door behind him and made his way over to his puppy-eyed friend.

“Alright so why am I here?”

“To spend the night somewhere.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re my best friend and youd do that for me?”

Minho sighed, his eyes going wide, and his jaw dropping. He finally noticed the two boys on the other side of the small door.

“Jonghyun..” The frog eyed boy said cautiously.

“Oh! My apologies. That’s Kibum” He pointed at the boy with the fox ears. “And that Taemin” he pointed at the youngest.

Minho eyed them suspiciously, obviously not sure of what to do or say.

“We sir, are from Trans.” Kibum smiled proudly.

“And Trans is..?”

Taemin gasped, mortified. “Have you no shame!? Not recognizing our village!? Its infamous, you idiot! Do you not know of the beautiful mountain ranges!? Or the king!?”

Minho backed away slightly, while Kibum smiled smugly.

“N..no.. I don’t recall knowing anywhere called Trans..” Minho stuttered, with an apologetic look on his face.

Kibum sighed, “Well come along, we’ll introduce you to Trans, and our beautiful king..”

“Oh quit obsessing over him, he’ll never feel for you.” Taemin said, not forgetting ot smack his feline eyed friend in the back of the head while he was at it.

Kibum frowned slightly, but pulled the two boys into their land anyway.

“Alright, this is—“ Kibum began, staring around for a moment “Well this is the woods. And your special little door is right there!” Kibum smiled proudly, pointing at the door. Which to Jonghyun seemed larger here than in Seoul.

The two Seoul boys smiled and nodded, following behind them.

They took them on a tour through their town, which was a lot different than you would’ve expected.

Small brown homes scattered throughout the town, with the occasional shoppe.

They continued their walk throughout town, the two youngest boys chattering away as they progressively got closer and closer to the large luxurious Kingdom.

“Kibum-ah, “ the eldest boy began, “I hope you don’t mind me asking, but why are we heading towards the Kingdom?”

“That’s an easy answer Sir Jonghyun,” Kibum smiled “That’s where we’re spending the night!”

“But wouldn’t that be—“

Taemin interrupted Jonghyun mid-sentence, “The King is my brother.”

Jonghyun nodded in response, not bothering to ask any more questions.

They entered the Kingdom, Taemin getting many salutes from the guards lined in front of the door.

“Lets go see the king!” Kibum urged, pulling on Taemins arm.

Taemin nodded in response, guiding the group down a maze of hallways, before reaching a large, wooden doorway.

Taemin slowly pushed the door open, peeking his head in. “Hyungie?” He chirped into the large room.

“Yes?” A gentle, innocent sounding voice answered from inside the corridor.

“May we come in?”

“Depends, who is we?” The voice asked, with slight concern in his voice.

“Me, Kibummie hyung, Jonghyun hyung, and Minho hyung..” He said carefully.

“I suppose.”

Taemin opened the door farther, guiding the group in before shutting the door behind him.

Inside of the room lied King Jinki. Who didn’t seem like he was fit to be a King. He had fluffy black hair, with smooth rabbit ears peeking out, chubby cheeks, and a smile that could light the darkest of rooms.

“H..hello King Jinki.” Kibum stutter, bowing.

“Hello Kibummie!” The King chucked, sitting up on his bed.

“Taemin who are these people? “ The King said, eyeing the two outsiders.

“Jonghyun and Minho, sir.” Jonghyun said, bowing. Minho copying his actions.

“State your location,” The King began, standing up and walking towards the boys. “You’re obviously not from around here.

“We’re from Seoul.” They said, voices in unison.

“Taemin. “

“Yes hyung?”

“They’re not from our world are they?”