Chapter 10

An Alternate Universe

The King nodded in agreement to Jonghyun’s proposal, even though he wasn’t quite sure if he should do so or not.

Would it get him in trouble?

It’s only one dance. He didn’t see why it would.

But then again it’s better to be safe than sorry.

But it’s also good to do the things you want to do so you don’t regret not doing them later.

He was confused. He didn’t know what to do. He didn’t know what would be right, and what would be wrong. He wants to dance with Kibum, hell he wants to take him to that ball as his date and show him off to everyone around. But that’s just the thing. Everyone around would give him judging looks, say cruel things as he walks away.

But he can execute them for what they say. He has the power. He is The King.

But he just has too good of a heart.

He’s threatened to execute people before, like he did to Kibum, but he’s never actually gone through with it.

Sure there are rumors that float through the small town saying that he’s holding people hostage in the dungeon, ready to kill. But none of them are true. He’s actually quite offended by the rumors. Do people really think he’s that terrifying?

The 4 boys don’t.

Or do they?

--

“I don’t think I can do it.” The King whispered, staring at himself in the mirror.

“Come on man, don’t say that.” Minho sighed, placing a hand on The King’s shoulder.

“But I really can’t. “ He sighed.

“Well why not?” Jonghyun asked, laying across the couch.

“Because you two don’t understand the kind of damage that doing something such as this could do!” He exclaimed.

“What harm could dancing with him possibly do?” Jonghyun said, a small amount of sass lingering in his voice.

“Doing something like this could get me in serious trouble.” He began, “People will stare, and whisper, and more rumors will erupt.” He continued “While at the moment I could care less about what happens to me, I care more about what they would do to Kibum.”

“What would they do?” The two boys asked in unison.

“They would hound him like crazy, ask him endless questions and make up sick and twisted rumors,” The two boys’ eyes widened in surprise. “People will make fun of him, taunt him, just all these terrible things that I would never want to happen to him.” The King sighed. “I care too much for him to let that happen.

The two boys let out simultaneous ‘ahs’.

“It could even affect Taemin.” The King said, fiddling with his tie nervously.  “I would just feel terrible if anything happened to the two of them.”

“I understand.” Minho stated with a nod, “But I also think that you should go through with it anyway. “ The Kings eyes widened in surprise, “You shouldn’t have to worry about what other people think. Their opinions are useless. You do what you think you should do, Jinki. Do what will make you happiest. And if anyone tries to mess with either Kibum or Taemin, well Jonghyun and I can take care of them.” Minho finished with a smirk.

The King sighed in defeat.

“Alright, I guess you win.”

“So you’ll ask him?”

“He’ll be the first one I choose, and the only one.”

The two boys smiled as The King led them down to the ballroom.

Had they done a good thing?

Well they sure hoped that they did.

-----------------

Ayyye small update. c:

I hope you at least enjoyed it. It was a little boring, so i apologize for that.

Comments and Subscriptions are appriciated. c: <3