Chapter 2

An Alternate Universe

Jonghyun glanced at the green glowing letters of the clock lying on his nightstand.

2:43 AM.. 

He sighed and stared at his ceiling once again. He knew he should be asleep right now, but he couldn't. 

He wasn't sure whether it was his frequent insomnia or if it was his wandering thoughts of the boy behind the door.

Its not like time mattered. It was the beginning of summer, he didn't need the sleep, but he damn sure wanted it. 

He lied under the baby blue sheets of his bed, listening to the scilence of the room surrounding him, with the occasional cricket chirp from outside his window. 

Thats when he heard it.

Scratch scratch

He ignored the sound, figuring it was just an animal from outside.

Scratch scratch

He groaned, throwing a pillow at his window, hoping that the soft object would scare the being away.

Scratch scratch scratch

"Aish.." he muttered, dragging himself out of bed, peeking out of his window, staring around his yard, dimly lit by the moonlight.

Thats when he heard it.

The muffled voices.

"I told you, you were a crazy twit."

"Im not.. I saw him before! I did I swear!"

He laughed to himself before crouching in front of the small door, slipping the key in the small keyhole, and once again showing himself the beautiful fairy-like land, and his feline eyed friend.

"I told you!" Kibum yelled as soon as the door opened.

"Shush!" Jonghyun snapped at the younger one, as he watched his ears fall back.

"What are you doing here anyway, its 2 in the morning.." He grumbled, staring at the two outside the door.

"I wanted to prove to Taemin that you were real.."

"Hi!" The other boy chirped. He had black hair aswell, styled in the shape of a mushroom, which what seemed to be cat ears peeking out of the top, and a mint green pajama set. 

"Hello, Taemin." Jonghyun smiled, greeting the boy who was obviously younger than him.

"Kibum listen" Jonghyun started, "As honord as i am to have you come back to my home and see me, do you know what time it is right now?"

"It is approximatly 2 o' clock in the morning." The feline smiled

"Exactly. So why are you scartching at the door?" Jonghyun sighed, trying to get him to understand the problem.

"Well, sir" Taemin began, " We were having a sleep over. And Kibummie here was telling me about this mystical human from some magical place called Seoul! And obiously i had to find out about it! So i made him bring me to see you" 

He tried to be angry with two boys, he really did. 

But he couldn't help but smile and forgive the two.

"Sir Jonghyun, we had a question for you" Kibum smiled, eyes sparkling

"That would be?" 

"Will you join our sleep over?"

He was taken aback.

Two fairly strange men asking for him to enter their universe and have a sleep over? It was utterly insane in his eyes. But he saw the look of determination in Kibum's eyes. 

He knew he wasn't going to give up that easily.

"Wouldn't that break some kind of space-time continueum or something and explode the universe?" Jonghyun said, 

His answer sounded ridiculous, but he was serious about it.

"No, it shouldn't. "

Jonghyun bit his lip nervously

"But my mother.. What will she do if she wakes and im not here," He began "I cant just tell her i had a sleep over with two boys from a different world."

Kibum sighed, and Taemin frowned.

"I'll tell you what, boys. Let me call my friend Minho, and he'll come along, and i'll tell my mother we went out for the day." 

Their ears perked up excitedly at the response as they both nodded frantically. 

Jonghyun returned to his nightstand, grabbing his phone and dialing Minhos number.

The frog eyed boy answered groggily.

"Kim Jonghyun do you know the time!" He yelled into the phone

"Yes yes but i need your help."

"What is it."

"Come over and spend the night."

"You cannot be serious."

"Im dead serious."

"Be there in 5."

The line went dead, and Jonghyun smiled at the two sitting patiently by the door.

"Hes on his way."