Xiumin ♥

Valentin-EXO : Valentine's Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Minseok || Xiumin

 

 “Min… Wake up.” You cooed quietly, hands plastered on his sturdy chest in attempts to waking him up but here he was, being the lazy bum he is when he rolled on the bed, letting his back face you. “Just a few more minutes…” His groggy yet whiny voice was so adorable but it was Valentine’s day, for Pete’s sake!

Whoever Pete is… but still!

You wouldn’t really expect much from him but maybe just something? Maybe a greeting of Valentine’s day or even a single rose would mean something to you because you really do appreciate every single thing he does. It wouldn’t be such a big deal if he forgot but at the same time, you’d be lying if you said you weren’t disappointed that he didn’t do anything.

“But…” You huffed quietly, shifting on the bed where you sat down beside him, a hand on his arm where you rubbed it delicately up and down, “It’s Valentine’s day…” You mumbled quietly, hoping he would catch that but you knew he didn’t when he looked over his shoulder sleepily, eyes half-closed as he tried to open his eyes, “What…?”

You shook your head, getting up from the bed with an inwardly exaggerated groan, “Nothing, Min.” You looked over at the time where it was nearing to the time that you were supposed to go out to buy groceries, ingredients to be exact as you were going to prepare a surprise meal for him but now it feels like you’d rather just stay home rather than go out to envy other girls who were going to have a ball today.

“Come out for breakfast.” You stated quietly, opening the door where you left the bedroom.

 

 

“Ah! My favorite!” Xiumin chimed like a little boy, eyes gleaming with joy as he saw that on the table was his all time favorite breakfast: two pieces of toast with jam on it along with two sausages and some scrambled eggs on the side. He inhaled the lovely aroma before dancing around the table, passing by you where he planted a kiss good morning. He sat down in front of the plate with a cheeky smile, “I’ll eat this well! Thanks babe!”

You forced out a smile, nodding once where you were actually glad that he was still so loving whenever he wanted – not just on Valentine’s day but… not even a greeting or an acknowledgement that today was Valentine’s day? Of course the two of you have been together for years now but you two have never really spent your Valentine’s day together in a special way as always, he’d either be busy with work or sometimes, the two of you let it slip away at the thought of Valentine’s day but today, this year, it was different.

One, the two of you were together on this day. Two, the two of you have work today but you took a day off and he would only be in work until normal hours (usually he’d be working until extra late). Three, you actually remembered it was Valentine’s day.

Now you knew why it to remember – because if he doesn’t do anything, you’ll feel disappointed over nothing.

You meekly took the spot opposite him where you stared at him diligently. He grinned as he chewed on his food, cutting a piece of sausage to hold it in front of your lips, “Have some!”

You shook your head politely, “I’ve eaten already, Min.”

He snickered and shrugged, turning it around where he ate his food heartily with you watching him. When he noticed that you were still staring, he lifted his chin to lock gazes with you, “Is there something wrong, baby?”

You gulped, leaning forward where you asked, “Do you know what day today is?”

He tapped his chin for a while as he pushed his plate away since he was done. He proceeded to take a piece of tissue on the table, wiping his lips where he put it on the plate when he was done, “It’s Friday, right?”

You forced out a small laugh, nodding your head with a small sigh, “Yeah, it’s Friday.”

You tried to hide the sadness in your voice but Xiumin sensed it as he got up, pacing over towards you where he knelt down with a frown, “B-Babe, what’s wrong? W-What’s wrong about Friday?”

You shook your head with a bitter laugh, “N-Nothing. Hey, I’ve got to run to the grocery store so, have a great day at work, love.”

Xiumin gulped, that small frown still on his lips when he stood up just to make way for you to walk towards the coat rack where you took your jacket and grabbed your bag before you just left the apartment without looking back.

With that, Xiumin smirked a little, shaking his head where he pulled out his phone.

“Now?” His friend asked over the phone and Xiumin paced towards the door, opening the door where he could easily see you entering the lift. He chuckled and nodded, “The coast is clear. Come now. Bring the things I told you to buy for me, please?”

"You owe me one." The younger boy on the other end grumbled.

"Yeah Sehun, clearly I do." Xiumin laughed, "Hurry!"

 

 

“The grocery store?” Kris repeated your words, causing you to sigh with a nod that he couldn’t see. “Y-Yeah…”

“You want me to meet you in the grocery store? W-Why? Did something happen between you and-“

“If you can’t come then,”

“No no no! I’m on my way! Wait for me.” With that, Kris hung up hurriedly as you stood in front of the large grocery store with your hands in your pockets. You knew this would be a bad idea but you lifted your chin up to see all the happy couples walking by, hand in hand and easily each couple, the girlfriend would either be holding flowers, a bouquet of them, balloons and chocolates in their hands; all from their respective boyfriends and that made you shake your head.

“Don’t feel sad – he’s having it hard, too…” You tried to convince yourself that you should be grateful that he was even with you on this day but it seems like nothing could make you feel better because, c’mon.

What girlfriend wouldn’t want to celebrate Valentine’s with her boyfriend?

“H-Hey…!” Kris panted, breathing in and out in front of you as he was bending down, hands on his knees to balance himself. “I’m here.” Kris breathed out tiredly, evident sweat glistening his forehead and that made you reach up to wipe it away with a piece of tissue with a blank look. He smiled gratefully before he reached up for your hand just to hold onto it, “Let’s go.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter