Kai ♥

Valentin-EXO : Valentine's Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jongin || Kai

 

“I’m sure we have some time for a quick swim, angel.” Kai chuckled, dragging you towards the beach but you groaned, letting your head fall back. “But Kai! We’ll never reach home early if we don’t leave now…”

He shook his head, still insisting to go for a swim as he dragged you past the pavement until the two of you stepped on the sand. He swiftly turned around and grabbed some sand, scooping it in his hands before he flung it all over your body. You gasped when you saw that the sand was now slowly sliding off your body but there were some sticking onto your shirt and shorts. Kai gave you an innocent look, eyes wide as he snickered the moment you dust them off with a soft, “Kai…”

“Yes, angel?” He cooed, hands clasped together in the front as he swayed from left to right, as if he was taunting you.

“You might want to run.”

“Oh no, angel. I don’t think I-“ He cut short when he couldn’t give you a snarky comeback when he swore he could’ve jumped the moment he saw you pushing your left foot back while your right lunged forward to start chasing after him. He started running, too, just laughing on the fact that he had already had things his way while you didn’t.

“Come on after me, angel!” Kai shouted as he ran but it only made you pace faster as you sprinted, “Wait till I get my hands on you!” You shouted back equally loud at the deserted beach, thank God. In all actuality, the two of you had come on a road trip. Driving on the way back here to the offside of town to get away from the city with all the loud car noises, traffic jams, havoc-like places all over town that Kai decided to declare that during this week (since the both of you had a week off) was the right time to leave for a getaway just for the two of you. It’s been four days since the two of you left to runaway here but it’s time to head back – today.

It’s morning, of course, but the amount of time needed to drive back since Kai drove further than planned this time along with the stops in between the ride back home, you were afraid that your surprise wouldn’t actually be a surprise anymore if the two of you were late to reach home.

Valentine’s, that’s what you had prepared for. Although the two of you never celebrated or made it official to celebrate Valentine’s day, the two of you had always have something up your sleeves to plan Valentine’s day and it seems like Kai let it slip off his mind – which urged you to surprise him twice as much considering Kai is always the one surprising you. It’ll be nice for you to give him a surprise this time. Especially on Valentine’s day.

You wanted to snap back a sarcastic comeback for Kai but it seems like all you could do was widen your eyes when Kai looked over his shoulder to grin widely at you but he doesn’t even know what’s up ahead of him. “What’s wrong, angel? Can’t run fast enough?”

“Up ahead, Kai! Watch out!” You shouted, waving your hands at him to make him realize that he should move out of the way because heck, there was a big rock right up ahead that was big enough to let him have a face plant on it that you gasped when Kai was suddenly so close towards the rock. He faced forward only to pale, attempting to stop with the help of you hurriedly reaching out to yank him back where he spun around with force considering there was so much energy that contained in him to run away from you that he had landed on you on the ground. You grunted with a soft ‘oof!’ while he let out a hushed ‘ah!’ when his hands planted at the sides of your head, making sure he wouldn’t hit your head with his with his eyes shut tightly along with yours.

Kai shot his eyes open, thankful that he didn’t crash into the big rock and indeed, it was because of you. He sighed in relief, using a hand to quickly brush strands of your hair back, “Angel, are you alright?”

You shook your head almost instantly, wanting to tell him about him crushing his weight on you but it seems like he didn’t realize it. His legs were tangled with yours, that wasn’t the problem. His hands at the side of your head while he caged you in, that wasn’t the problem either. The problem was that his hipbone was currently pressing down on your stomach, making you wince as you shook him off but it wasn’t working. “K-Kai!”

He glanced down on his body only to realize what he was unintentionally doing that he got off you immediately, making you sigh that the pain was gone while Kai hissed quietly at himself. He frowned at your state, eyes shut where you rubbed on your stomach where Kai’s hipbones were pressing on harshly earlier. “Sorry… I… I should’ve…”

He let his voice trail off when you sat up after a struggle with him helping you, cradling you in his arms where he frowned at you pitifully. “I’m sorry.” He whispered quietly, causing you to snicker, since it hurt a little and waves of relief flushed over him just like that. “Can we go home now?”

Kai managed to let out a small, breathy laugh as he aided you up where he smiled at you with a nod. “I think it’s better we head home before I injure you even more.”

 

 

“Got everything, angel?” Kai asked as he loaded everything into the truck. This was the vehicle he would get from his parents garage whenever he would go on road trips with you. It had the certain type of feel and since this was a truck that his parents never used and they had space in the garage, they had let Kai keep it there for his personal use.

Not to mention, the two of you have had your special memories in this truck, too.

It would be a shame to just sell it to a junkie so Kai decided to keep it, touch it up here and there so it was presentable. “Yep!” You chimed, hopping into the passenger’s seat with Kai beaming at you from the back as he checked and made sure everything was secure. “Everything good back there, Kai?” You asked, looking at him through the back window and he smirked at you, “Yes ma’am.” He saluted before he tapped the back of the truck before walking around, getting into the driver’s seat where he smile at you. “Seatbelts, angel.”

You snickered, “You didn’t even put yours yet.”

“Because I’m waiting for you to put yours first.” Kai countered, making you huff as you reached over to put it on but his hands swept yours away as he pulled over the seatbelt on your body to let a soft click to be heard, an indication he had fasten your seatbelt. You kissed his cheek with a grin, it made him smile.

“Thanks, Kai.”

He shook his head with a small chuckle, “Anything, angel.” After he fastened his seatbelt, he had started the truck to begin the road

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter