Spill the Heart's Word

The Reason of Everything

Gary wake up from his sleep. It's already 3 p.m. He try to open his lazy eyes from shut. He's too tired because of yesterday shooting. Suddenly, thought about Jihyo come to his mind make him think deeply of what he thought yesterday. He's looking at his phone. His heart ask him to do a brave action, going out with her. Just two of them. He never did that before. He pick his phone and search for her name. He press dial button and waiting for the ringing sound end. But just after one ring, he end that call. He feels shy, scared and nervous. All in one. He think until he made up his mind. He don't care if Jihyo refuse to going out with him. He call her again. She doesn't take too much time to take his call. Maybe because her phone was ringing once a minute ago.

"Yoebsaeyo, Jihyo-ah."

"Nae, oppa. It's weird you calling me. Haha. But why, oppa?"

"Jihyo.. hmmm....do you.. do you have any shooting tonight or tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow my schedule so packed but tonight I'm free. I don't have any shooting today. Wae, oppa?"

"I want to ask you out for dinner. Can you?"

"Sure, oppa. Who else will join?"

"No one. It just me and you. Okay? Kekeke. So we will meet at G restaurant."

"Mmmm.. Arasso, oppa. Anyongggg."

Gary jumping happily because he will have dinner with Jihyo. 

"I will ask her. Tonight."


Jihyo cleaning her house as she does not have any schedule. It's the day that she can rest and do her own activities. Gary call him earlier to have dinner with him tonight. Eventhough she feels happy because she can spend tonight with someone, she still feels weird because Gary want to go to dinner with her only. Only. No other Running Man cast. 

"What is with Gary oppa? Hmmm..I better shower first before I make oppa waiting."

After 20 minutes, Jihyo get out from the bathroom with a red towel wrap around her body makes her milk-white skin looks fabulous. She pat her hair with smaller towel to dry her hair and turn on hair dryer and continue dry her hair. She put a bit of moisturizer and toner on her face to make her skin look radiant. She make her brow more prominent and put a pink blush on her apple of cheek. She pat her lips with a bit of coral lip tint and make last touch up on her make up. She go to her big closet to choose what to wear. Without thinking too long, she grab her cute baby blue sweater and white skinny jeans. She put on her clothes and setting her hair into bun to make it look neat. It almost 8 p.m, she hurry up before she's late. She take her handbag and take out her car key to unlock her car. She drive rushly to G restaurant.


It's getting dark outside and Gary have dinner with Jihyo. He wear a white shirt and a black leather jacket. He wear his 'Drunken' cap and a shades. He wear his studded black sneakers and tie the lace tightly. He go downstairs and go inside his car and start the engine. They both drive to the same destination. As he arrived at the restaurant, he goes to the table at the back and look hideous so they can have privacy. Jihyo still not arrived and after he wait about 5 minutes she come with smile on her face.

"Oppaaaa! Sorry I'm late. Jjinja mianhe."

"Hahaha. It's okay Jihyo. I just got here just few minutes ago."

"Ahhhh. You make me panic. I even drove my car so fast."

"Really? Jihyo-ah, it's okay if you're late. I can wait for you. Don't drive so fast or if something bad happen, I will feel guilty all my life."

"Haishhh, oppa. Don't over react if I involved in accident. Hahaha."

"-__________-'' It's not like no one care for you."

"What, oppa? You care about me? Kekeke."

"Haishhhh, Jihyo. It's not like that. It just.. mmmm... it just.. it just.. forget it. I don't know what to say."

"Hahaha. Oppa, you're funny."

"-_____- So, what are you doing today instead of meet me?"

"I just stay at home, cleaning my house. Nothing special today,"

"You're not going out with anyone? Like with your friend or boyfriend."

"I didn't have many friends. Plus, they were working at day and I don't have boyfriend."

"Oh. But seriously you don't have boyfriend? Woman at your age usually already plan to getting married. That's why I feel strange."

"I had a boyfriend for 8 months and we broke up a month before Running Man filming."

"I'm sorry for asked you about that. Really sorry. I didn't mean to intefere with your personal things."

"It's okay, oppa. I'm not thinking about that anymore. Plus, it's okay if you want to know."

"Hmmm. Why you broke up with him?"

"I found him with another woman in bed. He's cheating on me while I'm working. Gary oppa, are you really already break up with your long term girlfriend? I know this from the internet. Your lyrics mostly based on your love life."

"Yes. It's also happen a month before Running Man filming. We can't work our relationship out anymore. We broke up three times and the last one is the real break up. 7 years is a long time and too much memories we had but memories can't help us defend our relationship. If we are not meant together, we are not. I'm too busy with my career and make we rarely met each other."

"Oppa, you must be love her so much, right? I feel sorry for you, Oppa."

"It's okay Jihyo. It already past and she's getting married. I had let her go from my sight and my heart. Hmmmm. Wait! I think I ever heard something similar from a girl about your break up."

"Oh. It must be from the media."

"No. I heard it from a girl I talk to at club while I was drunk at the bar. It's about the same time of our break up."

"Huh? Let me recall my mind. Mmmmmm..Whatttt?! You were the guy I'm talking to at the bar. Seriouly? I never thought it was you, oppa."

"Really? It was you Jihyo. That's why I kind of familiar with your voice when you came on the second episode Running Man shooting."

"Hahaha. Oppa, how can we met for real now? It's strange. Hahaha."

"By the way Jihyo, I forgot the reason I asked you to go to dinner with me earlier and now I want to ask you something?"

"What, oppa?"

"Do you feel Monday Couple is real?"

"Why you ask me this, oppa?"

"I don't know. I just feel something in my body. I feel different if I'm with you."

"Did you fall in love with me, Oppa? Jjinja?"

"Hmmm. Yes. Maybe I found the reason now."

Jihyo shocked with Gary's confession. wide open like the world is freeze for few seconds. Deep down inside, she feels happy with his confession. She try to change the topic because she feels shy and the atmosphere getting awkward.

"Oppa, do you want any dessert after finished the dinner?"

"It's okay, Jihyo. I'm already full if I finish eating all of this."

They just finish their dinner quietly. Either Gary or Jihyo, they don't know what to say to each other. It just make everything more awkward. As they finish eating and pay the bill, Gary walked  Jihyo to her car.

"Jihyo, I'm sorry for what I'm said."

"It's okay, oppa. Goodbye. See you next Monday."

"Arasso."

Gary feels dissapointed his confession was left hanging with no answers. He never expect from the start that Jihyo will give a good response but the love make him hopes too high.