Let Her Go

The Reason of Everything

#Kang Gary POV

Gary pay his drink to the bartender and get out from the club. He take out his car key in the side pants pocket, unlock the door and start the car engine. He sit on the driver seat and still thinking who is the girl beside him.

"Ah, forget it! She's nothing to do with my life." 

He start driving his black car going back home. He drive slowly than usual because his a bit drunk. He doesn't want to want to involve in any problems or else he will burden othe people. He feels so lonely driving the car alone. The radio did not help him to feel entertained. All of sudden, the girl he used to love the most just cross his mind. She's the one who always sitting beside him, chatting with him, make him feel not sleepy while driving. Before this, the car his driving full with laughter and happiness but not in the last 2 months. They never speak to each other and the car become so quiet. All words and sentences that out of their mouth just "What are you doing today?" "Yes" "No" "Bye". They never say I love you for a long time. Even Gary said I love you to her, she not replying it. Now he knows why that girl acting like that.

Gary arrived at his place. He take off his black jacket and cap and laid on his bed.

"Ahhhhh. I feel so tired today but what did I do? I just drinking and get drunk. Hmmm."

He take off all of his clothes and go to bathroom. He want to fills the bath tub with warm water. He just want to relax his mind. He get into the bath tub and lay on it with his eyes close.


12 a.m

Today is Kang Gary's birthday. He just got back from his studio doing the lyrics for next songs. He's waiting his yoeja wishing him happy birthday. This year is the 8th years  he spending his birthday with his girlfriend. 

"I'm so excited waiting for her wish me Happy Birthday though this year is tough for both of us. I hope she not forget my birthday. Aishhhh. How come she will forget my birthday. She never forget in the past 7 years. Haha."

7 a.m

Gary accidentally falling asleep while waiting for her girlfriend's wish. He woke up and checking his phone but she's not calling or send him a message. Gary release a big sigh.

"Hmmm.. It's okay. Maybe she fell asleep early last night."

With his heavy legs and heavy heart, he's going to the kitchen and make some toasted bread with scramble egg. He also make a cup of coffee to wake him up from the sleepiness. He bring his breakfast to the living room and turn on the tv but nothing seem interesting to him. He put on a disc to the dvd player to watch a movie. He watched it until he not realize that it's already 10.30 a.m. He needs to go the studio to settle up his works. He quickly take a bath and dress up to got the studio. As he arrived his studio, he got a text from his girlfriend.

"To : Hee Gun oppa

     Oppa, let's meet tonight. I need to tell you something."

"To : yoeja chingu

     Arasso. See you tonight."

He feels something strange about the text.

"What she want to tell me? You want to prank me or what? Haha."

He continues his works even the text still bothering him and start questioning the text. Hope every will be okay.

7.30 p.m

Gary drive his car to pick up Min Hee. He goes early because he afraid that he might late or will be stuck in traffic jammed. His getting near to his girlfriend house and he see a car just get off from Min Hee house. 

"Who is driving the car?"

He parked his car in front of her house and knock on the door. 

"Min Hee ya... Min Hee.."

Min Hee shocked because Gary arrives to early. She open the door and asks him to come in. She makes Gary a drink because she's afraid Gary will wait too long for her.

"It's okay Jagiya. Take your time. I just come early to make sure I'm not late."

He's calming his yoeja to not rushing because of him.

"By the way Min Hee, who's car that just take off from your house when I got here?"

Min Hee shocked by his question. She thought that Gary not noticed the car. Min Hee find an idea to tell him. It's not time to tell the truth.

"Hmm...It's just my uncle and aunt. They just stopped by here to visit me."

"Ohhh I see. Now go get ready. I will wait here."

1 hour later she finally done bathing and get dress. She go downstairs and see Gary watching television.

"Oppa, let's go."

"Sorry. I did not see you going downstairs. Hehe. Let's go."

Gary takes his car key that he left on table and go to his car. He asked Min Hee

"Where do you want to go?"

"Let's buy some snacks and go the O park. It's been a long time since we go there."

"Okay jagiya. Anything will do. Hehe."

They going to nearest convinience store to buy snacks and then staright to the park. On the way to the park, they not talking. It's just the awkward when one of them start chatting. After 20 minutes, they arrived at the O park. They bring the snacks to a chair nearest to the lake. He tore the ice cream cover and eating the ice cream deliciously.

"Do you want to celebrate my birthday here or what? Hehehe." Gary teasing her girlfriend.

"Happy birthday Hee Gun oppa but we not coming here to celebrate your birthday." Min Hee just gave birthday wish that full of guilty.

"Huh? Oh..." 

Gary just fell embarassed by his question but he wonder what thing that brought them here. 

"Then why we are here? You said you wanna talk about something earlier right?"

"Nae."

"You want to talk about what? Is that about our problem?"

"Anyoo. It's not ours. Its me. I need to confess something to you, Oppa."

"What? You make me so nervous Min Hee ya."

"Oppa, I'm sorry." Min Hee crying because it find it hard to tell the truth to a guy that being so nice in this 8 years of the relationship.

"Wae jagiya? Waeee?"

"Oppa, I got other guy. I'm sorry oppa. I'm sorry."

"What? Tell me the truth. You just lying to me right? This just a prank right?" He still cannot believe what she said to him. He think Min Hee just joking with him.

"Oppa, it's true. I'm not lying about the fact about I'm cheating you with another man. The car that you see when you almost arrives at my house is that guy's car. We just met because I don't know how to tell you about this but I have to tell you today because he don't want me to stay with 2 man at the same time. I chose to be with him because I love him so much and we will getting married soon. 6 months ago, my mother wants me to get married quickly. At first, I don't care what she said but after that I always think about marriage. I realize I always want marriage all of this time, I want a family and I know you don't want to get married now. By that time, I found him and one day I realize I love him so much. We have to break up oppa."

"That's why when I say I love you you don't say anything. You not replying it. That's why you rarely talk to me, you rarely meet me. Because of that f*****g guy! I don't want to see your face again. Go!"

"I'm sorry oppa. jjinja mianhe oppa."

"Go!"

Gary quickly go to his car and start the engine. He driving so fast. Faster than always. He don't know how he feel. Angry, sad, stupid all in one.

"Why I don't realize what is happpening to us? Why I'm so stupid for trusting everything will be better? I'm blinded by my love for you Min Hee. Arghhhhhhhhhh!!"