Meeting Chanyeol

Alone With You

One week passed and the moment when Baekhyun woke up... his 'mommy''s voice was the first thing he heard. "Baekhyunnie! Breakfast is ready! Get up the bed!" That weird guy shouted from the kitchen. Until now, Baekhyun didn't believe in this kind of thing. Of what was happening right now but here he was, standing in front of 'Mom.'  

"Did you really cook this?" Baekhyun asked him, because how could he cook this kind of food if he's a cupid? It's too delicious.  

"I'm the only one in here and you were sleeping. Then you are asking me who cooked this food?! Are you really blind Baekhyun??" Baekhyun's 'mother' scolded him. 

"But how did you know? How did you cook this...." With these statements and doubts, Baekhyun was really just amazed at how delicious Mr. Cupid's cooking was. 

"I... Because I read this cook book of yours." He answered. But Baekhyun doubted because of the uneasiness in Mr. Cupid's voice but he didn't care, This food is just delicious. He asked no more. 

After eating his 'mom' cooked, Baekhyun got ready for school. He washed his body and made himself look presentable at least. He was about to step out the door when he thought Would I tell Mom that I'm going to school now?  

Baekhyun went upstairs and looked for his mother, but he was not in his room. He looked at the bathroom, kitchen, and living room, but 'Mom' was not there. But at the end in Baekhyun's heart, there's always a voice which always whispered to him, Mom will never be there for you Baekhyun. Though he got used to it, he somehow felt alone. 

Baekhyun didn't mind that one though, maybe it was just his hallucinations or Mr. Cupid was not real, or maybe it was a ghost. He walked alone going to school and everything was just like the other days. Well, he just thought of that because someone just jumped on him from behind. 

Seeing the tall man in front of him after straightening his self up, Baekhyun's eyes widened. "W-what are you wearing?!" Baekhyun shouted when he saw that Mr. Cupid was wearing the same uniform Baekhyun was wearing. But it's not Baekhyun's! And he's sure of it, Baekhyun's uniform was short for a six footer guy.  

"I'm wearing your uniform." Wearing his teeth-rich smile, he answered Baekhyun happily and innocently. 

"Don't' mess with me!! That's not my uniform! I'm shorter than you and so my uniform! Where did you get that?!" Baekhyun shouted at him with gritted teeth. Mr. Cupid didn't need to steal a uniform from somebody else.  

Mr. Cupid walked closer to Baekhyun to calm him down. "Wait. Relax. Don't worry I didn't steal this. I bought it from your school." He answered. 

"You bought it. You bought it?! And whose money did you get that from?!!" Baekhyun questioned him. Then he hid his face from Baekhyun... he looked guilty. And Baekhyun realized where he got the money from... And Baekhyun's sight darkened and he hit Mr. Cupid many times.  

"No!! Wait, don't hurt me! Don't worry!! I'll help you with your work!! I'll find a job promise!!" he raised his right hand to assure Baekhyun his promise. 

Hearing that, and because he couldn't change everything back, Baekhyun just let it go. Then looking at his companion again, he asked, "But wait. You bought that uniform, so you'll come with me? In my school?!" Mr. Cupid nodded excitedly but couldn't read Baekhyun's face, "Why?! You know that you could just stay with me and don't let other people see you!!" he complained. 

Mr. Cupid pouted and reasoned, "Just let me experience what people feel and do. This chance is only once in MY lifetime! Just let me do this! This is just until February and I'll go away without you noticing and remembering!" 

Baekhyun looked at his uniform and sighed. What can I do? What's done is done. Then he looked at the pleading eyes of Mr. Cupid and he was caught. That was the first time someone looked at him in the eyes that way, without a hint of judgment and pure innocence. And thus, Baekhyun's heart was pounding in a weird way he's not familiar with.  "Do whatever you want!" He surrendered. 

Baekhyun continued on walking to his school until he noticed that Mr. Cupid was not walking with him anymore. He looked around but he didn't see him. What? Where the hell did he go?! Did he get lost?! Baekhyun kept on looking for Mr. Cupid, not minding the people questioning him why hadn't he gotten to his class yet and still wandering around the streets.  

"Pssst.." Baekhyun heard a sound from nowhere. He looked around but saw nothing. And he just thought that maybe someone's just messing with him. So he just continued to look for Mr. Cupid who was wearing the same uniform. "Pssst.." and there he heard it again. But still, he didn't mind it, he have no time for that stuff.  

Then suddenly someone held his arms and forced Baekhyun to look at him. "Hey..." with a low, deep, but cheerful voice, Baekhyun instantly knew who that guy was. "Oh there you are! I thought you were lost. Let's go or we'll be late." Baekhyun greeted him and held his hand. He was about to lead the way to THEIR school but the guy pulled his hand back and, of course, Baekhyun was startled at the sudden action. He thought of Mr. Cupid rejecting him... And he didn't like the feeling.  

"Wait, before that, what's your name?" he asked Baekhyun, smiling. 

Baekhyun cocked an eyebrow but immediately realized that maybe Mr. Cupid was playing some game. He decided to play with him. Baekhyun smiled and stretched his hand like this was the first time they met, "Oh yeah, I'm Byun Baekhyun, and you are?" 

The guy held and shook Baekhyun's hand, "I'm Park Chanyeol. So would you please lead me the way to our school, Mr. Byun?" 

Baekhyun chuckled at the name, "Mr. Byun? Nah! Just call me Baekhyun. By the way, where did you get your name from? It's a beautiful name by the way." Baekhyun playfully said. 

He cocked an eyebrow but smiled, "Thank you for the compliment. And for you question, haha, I think it's obvious, my name came from my parents. Of course, they gave me my name. haha. And nice to meet you." 

Baekhyun didn't think that 'Chanyeol' would be serious at his game, he let it go and didn't want to do anything senseless anymore, "Do whatever you like. Let's go!" Baekhyun just didn't mind his stuff. 

Then Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and at the other students. They were looking at him too because they're not used to see Baekhyun walking with somebody else. Baekhyun put his head down and whispered to Chanyeol, "Ah.. yes, they can see you." 

Then Chanyeol nudged him on the side and laughed, "Yes they can see me, they're not blind duh! And I don't have the power to be invisible."  

"Yes you have." Baekhyun's cheerfulness just a while ago went dead because of those judging eyes and mouth. 

"You're funny." He smiled and ruffled Baekhyun's hair which was a new feeling to Baekhyun. Baekhyun held his head where Chanyeol's touch lingered.

~ ~ ~

Baekhyun was looking out the window like how he used to do, but he still couldn't believe that this was happening to him. But it was here now so he decided to just grab this chance. He smiled looking up the sky, thanking the shooting star. 

"Aren't you eating lunch?" someone said behind him which surprised him. It was Chanyeol and immediately, Baekhyun answered "No." 

Chanyeol's eyes widened, hearing the answer of his new found friend, "Why?" he worriedly asked, thinking if Baekhyun was always like this in his school.  

"I don't want. And I don't have enough money. You used it!" Baekhyun glared at him and Chanyeol was taken aback. But Chanyeol knew that it was not the true reason why Baekhyun didn't want to eat lunch... or rather, Baekhyun didn't want to eat with somebody. Even if they wouldn't mind him.  

"What are you saying? Let's go, I'll treat you." Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun up and they went to the canteen. Baekhyun was about to oppose but Chanyeol cut him off, "We're here now so no need to fight against your growling stomach. And I won't take no for an answer." Chanyeol's voice was strong. And Baekhyun cannot do anything but to sit on a table beside them as Chanyeol ordered their lunch. 

A.W.K.W.A.R.D 

Chanyeol ate diligently while Baekhyun was not comfortable at this situation, it was just so awkward for him. This was the first time to eat lunch in school with someone. And almost everyone who walked their way was sparing them a glance, not used to Baekhyun eating in the canteen, and with someone who was a new face in their eyes. 

Chanyeol then excused himself to go to the bathroom and Baekhyun cursed. He cannot come with Chanyeol of course because maybe, Chanyeol would misinterpret it, but he didn't want this too. He looked around and frowned, there it goes again, he can see danger coming. Baekhyun wanted to be invisible.

"Hi Baekhyun! Are you alone? Again?!! Hahaha!" that Jongin teased Baekhyun. Again. What's new?  

"He's so pitiful. Awww~" as usual with his supporting details, Tao supported this dark guy. Well, they're both dark. The y bronze skin, and the person who had dark bags under his eyes. 

Baekhyun was supposed to just glare at them but he took note of the 3 hearts of each. "Woah! Red violet, red and red!!" Baekhyun looked at Jongin's hearts. And at Tao, "Red, red, and red.. Ahh~ so lucky."  

"Woah.. He talked!." They both said at the same time. Baekhyun realized it and suddenly, the three went silent. Baekhyun cursed himself because he just talked to his 'enemies!'

Then Jongin broke the silence, he didn't want this silence going on between them, it felt like there's something in Baekhyun's voice that he's familiar with, "W-what did you say?" Jongin looked at Baekhyun and this time, he noticed how fragile and tiny this Baekhyun was. 

"N-Nothing." Baekhyun shook his head and he hated this feeling. His heart beat so fast because he was so embarrassed that Jongin and Tao heard his voice. Baekhyun was about to walk away when someone grabbed his arm.  

"Hey! Where are you going?! You're not yet eating your food!" Chanyeol shouted. Baekhyun silently cursed this stupid cupid. Yeah, it rhymed. "Now, sit there. And eat that... oh." And Baekhyun didn't want this, Chanyeol saw the two guys who were looking at him and Baekhyun, "Who are they? Are they your friends?" Chanyeol pointed at Jongin and Tao. Baekhyun didn't answer him, just . 

"Are you new here?" Tao asked Chanyeol. 

"Is this the first time you saw me?" Chanyeol answered him with a question, and Tao nodded. "Then, I'm new here. Park Chanyeol by the way." 

Tao smiled and greeted him, "Huang Zi Tao. And this is..." 

"Kim Jongin." Jongin continued what Tao said.  

"Hi! Uhm, are you going to sit here? Well, you can!" Chanyeol invited them. And Baekhyun cursed Tao and Jongin if they would say yes. 

"Nah, thank you, we're done eating. Nice to meet you Chanyeol. I guess,, we'll see you around!" Jongin said. And Baekhyun thanked the heavens for their answer. And Baekhyun noticed that Jongin suddenly became another guy who was, Baekhyun's not sure how to describe it but, scared at what he just realized? But Baekhyun was asking himself, What is there to realize? Or maybe, Jongin was just scared of Chanyeol. Baekhyun thought it was great, he'll just go with Chanyeol always so that he wouldn't be able to . Baekhyun's time was coming.  

Jongin and Tao set off the canteen, and yes, they just stayed there for a while to tease Baekhyun, and Baekhyun thought that they were doing something stupid, spending their time to just tease a mute person. What the hell? What benefit does it give them? Nothing! Therefore, for Baekhyun, the two were doing nonsense.

Baekhyun settled on his seat again, and so was Chanyeol. Baekhyun started digging his lunch until Kyungsoo and Sehun approached him, "Hi Baekhyun!!!" Kyungsoo greeted Baekhyun. Baekhyun felt weird because his heart suddenly went crazy because he didn't know what to say. Baekhyun just looked at Kyungsoo to ask what the hell were they doing here. "Can we sit with you? Because it's crowded in here." He politely asked. 

Baekhyun could do nothing but to nod. But it's not like he didn't want to be with Sehun and Kyungsoo, it's just, he got so awkward being with many people. Baekhyun wanted to relax but he just couldn't, he closed his eyes and wished that it was just a dream. He was so nervous indeed. Then suddenly, he felt an arrow was aimed at his throat. He instantly looked at Chanyeol and Chanyeol winked at him.  

"Hi!" Sehun greeted they guy across him and sipped his bubble tea, "You're new here, right? I'm Oh Sehun."  

"Hi, I'm Park Chanyeol... and you are?" Chanyeol pointed at Kyungsoo. 

"I'm Do Kyungsoo. Hi! Nice to meet you!" Kyungsoo cheerfully greeted. 

Baekhyun then looked at Kyungsoo, "Red, red violet, red." And then at Sehun, "Red, Red, White." And he was surprised, Sehun is still innocent. And he smiled at that. But then, he didn't notice that he said it aloud again. Thus, the weird glances he got. Baekhyun just shook his head and apologized for he said 'weird' things. He looked at Kyungsoo and he was caught because of his smile. Is it always heart-shaped? Baekhyun thought as he looked at Kyungsoo's smile. Baekhyun then thought that the reason why he's just seeing that smile was because this was the first time he talked to them. Thus, he felt lighter and he smiled at them, too. 

"Hah~ it feels so good." Kyungsoo suddenly said and they all looked at him oddly. He then laughed and told the three, "Because finally, we get to be with Baekhyun, right Sehun? You know what? We are longing to be friends with you." 

"I know." Baekhyun suddenly said without thinking. And he was shocked that he said that easily too. He thought it was a mistake. Baekhyun slapped himself. 

"H-h-how?" Sehun asked, with his ears turning red. They were just caught, right? They were thinking of how Baekhyun knew because it was sure embarrassing. 

But seeing the innocent and not-judging look in the two's faces, he explained, "Because I always hear you chattering behind my back. You always say that 'Baekhyun is alone again' 'Aaaww~~ He's so pitiful.'" Chanyeol laughed and they both blushed. "But I also wanted to talk to you. I'm not confident to talk to you that's why I didn't mind you, and sorry for that." Baekhyun put his head down, hiding his face in embarrassment, I'm embarrassing myself, aren't I?

But they smiled and assured him, "Friends?" They put a hand to Baekhyun, and Baekhyun instantly nodded and smiled. And they clapped, happy knowing that Baekhyun accepted their friendship. And Baekhyun's heart clapped, feeling the empty space in his heart was filling with something he didn't know what to call it. Then suddenly, Kyungsoo's middle heart turned into red one. And Baekhyun can do nothing but to love Kyungsoo as he was.

~ ~ ~

At the end of the day, Kyungsoo, Sehun and Chanyeol were with Baekhyun. And they all felt lighter and happier than they used to be, especially Baekhyun. He never thought that in just one day, this could happen. If he only knew that this would happen, he should've tried it before. But then, that was the lesson he should be learning: to take risks.

"Kyungsoo!!" someone called and Baekhyun was familiar with that voice. After the awkwardness that has happened earlier, Baekhyun couldn't help but to get awkward again.  

"Jongin." Kyungsoo greeted him and smiled at him too. 

"You two are friends?" Bakehyun suddenly asked. 

Then Jongin cocked an eyebrow to Baekhyun, "Yes, got a problem with that?" and Baekhyun gasped but Jongin didn't mind him, he could only see Kyungsoo. Baekhyun couldn't believe that this could happen... Jongin was Kyungsoo's friend, but they're total opposite. Baekhyun sighed as he realized that this world was really complicated, even if it was made full of simplicity. "Oh, and you talked again." Jongin smiled. Can Baekhyun die now? Or was it just a dream? Everyone was talking to him! 

"Hey, are you with Baekhyun?" Tao asked. 

"And Chanyeol." Sehun continued. Jongin and Tao then noticed Chanyeol behind Baekhyun and greeted him too. Chanyeol smiled and waved a hand at them.  

"Mmm. It's good to see you Chanyeol with Baekhyun. Because Baekhyun was always alone." Jongin said while they were walking together.  

"But he won't be alone anymore because I'm here!" Chanyeol happily and innocently declared. And Baekhyun's ears tingled at the words he just heard. He looked at everyone who was eyeing them suspiciously, or rather, playfully. And they all teased the two.  

"Hey, are you two dating?" Sehun asked and Baekhyun died. How dare Sehun just asked that kind of question? He was still innocent yet he's the one to ask?!  

Bakehyun quickly shook his head. "N-No!" 

Chanyeol nodded and explained, "Yup! We're not dating because I am the one who's helping him to get a boyfriend." And by then, Baekhyun wanted to smack Chanyeol in his face with his fist for Chanyeol was so talkative. 

"Ahh.. then why don't you look at the one standing next to you Baekhyun!" Jongin said while smiling. 

"No. What are you saying?" Baekhyun said, not taking Jongin's word too seriously. 

"No. I cannot be the boyfriend of Baekhyun." Chanyeol said while shaking his head. 

All of them looked at Chanyeol, and they're thinking of the same thing, "Why not?" Kyungsoo asked like he was the one being rejected. 

"Because I am Mr. Cu--" 

"Ah because his priority is to study. Not to have a boyfriend." Baekhyun cut off Chanyeol and reasoned out. Chanyeol couldn't just tell somebody that he was Mr. Cupid, no one would ever believe him, well, except for Baekhyun.  

"But we can't help but to fall in love if you really like the one beside you. But it's your decision, let the chance pass." Jongin said unexpectedly, and as if he knew what were Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's feelings. 

"Well, enough for that. Baekhyun and Chanyeol, if you have time, let's hang out!" Kyungsoo invited them, and changing the topic, he didn't want to talk about serious things like this right now, it'll be late in the evening.  

"Okay!" Chanyeol answered. Only Chanyeol answered.

~ ~ ~

"Are you going this Saturday?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun. 

And instantly, Baekhyun shook his head, "No. I don't want to go." he asked Baehyun why and Baekhyun answered, "Nothing, I feel like I can't do it." 

"You can do it! I'm with you, remember?" he told him, placing his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder to make him feel he's not alone. Hearing this, Baekhyun's heart melted.  

"No. I'll clean the house and you'll come with me." Baekhyun just warned him, thinking that Chanyeol would frown, but he only see the happiness of being with somebody, particularly, and Baekhyun wished, it was him, Chanyeol happily and cheerfully agreed, "Okay!" 

"So can you go out, I'll change my clothes." Baekhyun said but Chanyeol asked why would Baekhyun change his clothes. Baekhyun told him that he'll get ready for work. "You should change your clothes, too. You'll come with me! You used my money!!" Baekhyun warned him, and this time, Chanyeol frowned. But Baekhyun found it cute.

When they were about to step out of their shared apartment room, Chanyeol stopped him. Baekhyun asked him what the problem was then he told Baekhyun, "You should make yourself beautiful." Therefore and instantly, Baekhyun thought that he was not beautiful. For Chanyeol. 

But Baekhyun refused, "No, I'm only going to work! There's no need to make myself 'beautiful' I'm just a dishwasher there." Baekhyun refused, hating the feeling of insecurity. 

"Eh how could y--- well, you're right. Love is blind. It does not look at the outside beauty and it does not only use its sight. Love is felt not seen. Well, love is not blind too, because it can see much more than a man with eyes could. Its inner feelings, love can see it." he explained very well, again. He always does it. And Baekhyun felt different.

~ ~ ~

They were walking together side by side on their way to the café. And Baekhyun knew, he knew that Chanyeol was afraid, because he was clinging onto Baekhyun's arm like they were in a horror house. He was shivering in fear but Baekhyun, though unfamiliar, liked the skinship.  

"Tsk! Yah! Chanyeol! Don't cling onto me!" Baekhyun shouted, ignoring the weird butterflies in his chest. 

"Woah.. Baekhyun! It's scary here! How could you walk here in this lonely and scary road alone before? Aren't you scared?" he asked while trembling, and he held Baekhyun tightly which gained the pounding of his heart.  

"I'm not scared. And I'm used to this, I'm alone, remember?" Baekhyun answered then Chanyeol pinched him on his nose. "Yah, Chanyeol, Why did you do that?!" 

"What are you saying? Is it so dark in here that you cannot see me? I'm here! Look! Can you see me? Or is it so dark?" he scolded Baekhyun while pouting. 

"But you don't have to pinch me!" because it truly hurt Baekhyun.  

"Because you're so forgetful! You should always see me because I'm always by your side!" Chanyeol assured Baekhyun as if he wouldn't leave Baekhyun someday. Baekhyun just apologized, he said that he was used to it, but the thing was, he knew that Chanyeol would leave him alone one day. Chanyeol looked at him, "Ah, never mind that. I'll just tell your future boyfriend to stay with you when you are going to go to the café and when you are going back to your house. Or if you want, we'll get your boyfriend from the café." Chanyeol winked at him.  

And Baekhyun just rolled his eyes, "Do whatever you want. And besides, I'm not yet ready right? The third heart is not yet ready, so let's just wait. We still have a lot of time. And as you said, there's no need to rush." he opposed. 

"But the third heart is turning transparent. So who's the person you like? Is it Tao?" Chanyeol asked him and Baekhyun was shocked. He didn't like Tao as crush but heat rushed up his face.  

"How did Tao came into this conversation? And no, I don't like Tao... well, I like Tao but not in that way! I just don't... understand." Baekhyun almost whispered his last sentence. 

Chanyeol looked at him when he saw that Baekhyun was feeling something, "What is it you don't understand? Your feelings?" 

"I don't know. I can't understand a thing." Baekhyun shook his head in confusion and annoyance. He didn't want to talk about it. It's unfair. 

Then suddenly, he patted Baekhyun's shoulder , "It's okay. Sorry for rushing you. But be happy, the second heart is color pink." he informed Baekhyun kindly.  

"Really?" Baekhyun was shocked but he felt lighter, knowing that he was adjusting to these kind of relationships with others.  

He nodded, "Yes, so be happy. Smilleee..." he pinched Baekhyun's cheeks to force him to smile.  

But Baekhyun hit his hands, "That hurts."  

"That hurts, too." he pouted but smiled.

Baekhyun wanted to get used to this. But he didn't want to at the same time.

~ ~ ~

They came to the cafe and they were greeted by Luhan. "Hi Baekhyun!!--- oh, you're with someone! Hi!" Luhan greeted them and instantly, Baekhyun looked at his Luhan hyung's hearts: Red, red violet, and re-- it's red orange, and suddenly, seeing Luhan's third heart, he felt the pain for what Luhan was feeling.  

"Hi. Luhan hyung!" Baekhyun greeted him with a smile, "Oh, this is Chanyeol. Chanyeol, this is Luhan." he introduced the two. 

"Hi Chanyeol!" Luhan waved his hand to Chanyeol. 

"He is my neighbour and schoolmate." Baekhyun had to lie. 

"Ahh, so he's the one Mr. Cupid aim---" 

"No.. Luhan.." he is Mr. Cupid. Baekhyun stopped his hyung because he didn't want to be embarrassed in front of Chanyeol again. All the time they were in school, Kyungsoo and others always and Chanyeol.

"Alright alright. Keep denying thyselves. Do whatever you want. So, what do you want?" Luhan asked and laughed.

"I'm going to ask for a job, if there is!" Chanyeol hopefully said. 

"Oh, are you going to look for a job? Wait here and I'll call MinSeok." Then Luhan winked at Baekhyun before he walked in the manager's office. Baekhyun rolled his eyes because he knew what that wink meant. 

Then both of them walked out the room, "Ahh MinSeok hyung, this is Park Chanyeol, my friend. Uhm, he was looking for a job and wished to come here if possible."  

With the known look in Minseok's face, Baekhyun suddenly thought of what to do before MinSeok told him that "But.. Baekhyun I'm sorry, t-t-the salary won't be enough."  

"But Baekhyun and I could share!" Chanyeol insisted and Baekhyun nodded. 

"Baekhyun, is it fine with you?" MinSeok asked Baekhyun and Baekhyun said "Yes." As long as Chanyeol is with me. He smiled at the older one.

"Are you sure? Okay, we'll see what he can do. And we'll pay you fairly." He assured the two and patted the two on their shoulders. 

"Thank you." Baekhyun and Chanyeol bowed at his kindness. Baekhyun smiled at him knowing that MinSeok was happy with his life. All of the three hearts are red. He is so lucky.  

"Ah, where is Kim J--" 

"MinSeok." Suddenly Baekhyun heard a familiar voice. And he looked at him. Ah right, It was familiar to Baekhyun, it's Kim JongDae's voice. Kim MinSeok's boyfriend.  

"Ah.. you're here Chen Chen!" MinSeok greeted JongDae. 

"Yah! Baozi, don't call me Chen Chen." He said. Baekhyun looked at him attentively. Baekhyun had no reason, but he just wanted to know why JongDae's hearts' condition were red violet, red, and red. Baekhyun felt a little bit uneasy towards him because MinSeok's were all red. 

"Why is your first heart red violet?" Baekhyun absentmindedly asked. Then all of their attention went to Baekhyun. Spell awkward. B-A-E-K-H-Y-U-N 

"W-hat?" he asked Baekhyun what he was talking about.  

Baekhyun apologized and cursed himself, "Ah, I'm sorry. It's nothing." Baekhyun bowed his head as he bit his lips for being talkative now. He couldn't control his mind to voice out what's in his mind.

"Ah..He's Byun Baekhyun and this is Park Chanyeol. And you know, Luhan." MinSeok introduced them even though JongDae knew who they were. Jongdae smiled at them and Baekhyun was caught as he mindlessly took note of everybody's smiles. That was the first time he saw the genuine smiles of the ones around him in the cafe.

~ ~ ~

After their work, of course, they went back to their house. Baekhyun was still bothered and wondering why Jongdae has red violet heart, His life seemed so perfect: he has good friends, a cute boyfriend... He wondered why there were many people who were not yet contented in his life in spite their perfectness. Well, Baekhyun knew that nobody was perfect but why weren't they happy when they had a good life. And Baekhyun realized why everybody was not going to be happy, they kept on wishing for something else, they couldn't see what they had. They only see what they didn't had. Baekhyun sighed, this world was just---  

"You know what. You should tell that to yourself." Chanyeol distracted Baekhyun from what he was thinking. 

Baekhyun's eyes wrinkled at Chanyeol, he didn't know what Chanyeol was talking about. "What should I tell myself?" he asked. 

"The things that you're thinking." Chanyeol shrugged and answered. 

Baekhyun looked at him, "I'm just wondering why is Jongdae's first heart is color violet." 

"He has a problem with his family! Of course. Didn't I tell you th--" 

"Yeah, you did tell me that the first heart is for the family. But I'm just curious of what happened, is he like me? He doesn't have a family? But Kim MinSeok is his boyfriend and soon-to-be-husband so MinSeok is his family. Why? Is he not yet contented with MinSeok? It saddens me, it's like he has a perfect life yet he's not yet contented with what he has now. Is he just selfish or what.." Baekhyun explained to Chanyeol. "He's not alone like me fu--" Then Chanyeol pinched him so hard, so Baekhyun hit him hardly on his head, "CHANYEOL?!!! Why are you always pinching me?! You're hurting me, for real!!!" Baekhyun shouted at him. 

"Because you're blind! You're like what you're thinking about JongDae! Not contented with the things you have. You have me yet you cannot see me. Why? Because you want somebody else?!" he was raged and that was the first Baekhyun saw him like that. Baekhyun was about to apologized but Chanyeol continued, "Is this what I should get on helping you? Please look at me so you won't feel alone. Please, look at me Baekhyun." He pleaded. 

Baekhyun looked at him straight in the eyes but he looked away after seconds too. If I look at you, I will be hurt more. I don't want to fall for you because you cannot fall for me. I have to stop this growing feelings. Baekhyun bowed his head, Chanyeol continued, "You cannot see me because you're looking for someone else. And you're looking for someone else because you know that I will leave you alone, right?" 

It's true but Baekhyun was guilty. But he was more startled and shocked because of what Chanyeol was feeling, he thought that Chanyeol didn't mind since he was a cupid, "No, that's not it."  

"Then what is it?" he asked Baekhyun, looking in his eyes. Baekhyun's eyes were filling with tears, he wanted to tell Chanyeol how he felt but he didn't know what will happen, so he didn't risk. He ended the conversation, "Let's just continue this conversation when we're home. Let's continue working." And he walked out the kitchen.

~ ~ ~ 

This is the second chapter!! Yaaay! 

Well yeah, it's dramatic, sorry! Please bear with me if I have many errors in this fic because my engrish is not that good. And I haven't reread this so I think there are grammatical or spelling errors here.

So comment, subscribe and thank you!! Mwah!! 

Keep reading!! 

- dandanieeri