Chance

Alone With You

"Luhan hyung let's go home!!!" Baekhyun tried to drag Luhan from the rooftop. "It's so cold here and, it's scary! What if I fall?!" Baekhyun said while trembling because he was feeling ill because of the height.

"But Chanyeol is there to catch you." Luhan winked at him and then laughed afterwards.

Baekhyun's face got red and pouted, "No, he won't." and he sat beside Luhan and leaned on the older one's shoulder.

"Why not?" he tilted his head to look at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun sighed. "He just can't. Don't worry, I don't want to fall for him too." and Baekhyun was telling the truth. He didn't want to fall for him but he just fell that instant. He didn't know how even though he didn't want to fall for him knowing that from the start, Chanyeol told him that he couldn't fall in love.

"But you can never tell. You can't stop your heart from beating for someone whom you learned to love." Luhan said and he's telling the truth also.

Baekhyun nodded and added, "And that hurts. Because you love him even if he doesn't love you back."

Luhan sighed and laid his back on the roof, "But did you know Baekhyun, that it is best if you're in a one-sided love?" he said, looking at the stars.

Baekhyun looked at him as if he was a crazy guy, "What? Who would want that one-sided love?! How can you say that it is the best if he won't love you back? Did you know that the reason why he doesn't love you back is because you're not enough for him?" Baekhyun threw that at him.

Luhan laughed and he pouted. He said, "Yes, I know that. He doesn't love you back because you're not enough for him, but did you know that he's not enough for you too that he cannot love you back? You're just not enough for each other to love each other." He said like it was the simplest thing in the world. And it hurt Baekhyun. It shot his heart.

"Ouch. That really hurts Luhan." Baekhyun said as he laid down the roof too.

"Love is best when it's one-sided because you love unconditionally. Even if you're not sure that he'll love you back, but still, you loved him. And you accept what name his heart is shouting. The best gift for him." Luhan said while looking in the night sky.

"And you lost. And it's sad..." Baekhyun stopped his tears from falling.

"No, you didn't lose because you just proved that you can love a person without wanting or hoping for anything in return. You just proved that you can love a person even if you're hurting. The best thing you can do for him is to love him." Luhan smiled between the falling of his tears. "Like these stars, you want something and the star would give it to you without anything in return. You just need them to go on. Just like these stars, you can be a guide to a person who's lost. You can be a star that shines their world. You can be the wish they were hoping for. You can be their hope that this or that may happen to them."

"Luhaaaan... red, red, and red violet. Who are you looking for? You need his love? Why don't you look for him?" Baekhyun asked him, sounding like he was complaining that this guy was so stupid for letting Luhan go.

"I love him even if I haven't seen him for a long time. I once thought he has loved someone and I told myself that I am happy for him because he's happy. Because we promised each other that we should be happy for each other no matter what. But as I see things and these stars... I felt like I need him. I still need him. Yes. Yes. I am happy for him..." He choked and sobbed, "But I am not happy for myself. And it's killing me because I don't know what to think, I have no news about him. I don't know what to do.

Baekhyun sat up and helped Luhan to sit so he could hug him and could cry on his shoulders.

~ ~ ~

"He needs a star." Baekhyun said to Chanyeol when they were talking about Lay who, once again, left to look for his guy.

"Then let's give him a star!" Chanyeol said as if it was the easiest thing to do in the world.

Baekhyun looked at him like what, seriously Chanyeol, "H-How can we do that?" Baekhyun asked even though he know it would be impossible.

"He needs someone who could guide him. Or he needs the one who could make him happy. To support him in everything he does, like MinSeok and JongDae!!" He said.

"But what if he doesn't want to move on?" Baekhyun asked worriedly.

"Everyone does. They just don't know it, or cannot accept that they'd move on but they'll move on. And it's for sure, time heals everything." Chanyeol explained.

"Time heals everything? Are you sure?" Baekhyun asked because he heard that once but almost everyone said that it's not true.

"Yup! Time heals everything because you have to be healed." He smiled at Baekhyun. Baekhyun just looked at him to go on. "You have to give yourself a chance to live your life again. Time stops for no one... unless you kill yourself." He explained. Very well. And so Baekhyun smiled at him and fell in love. "Look at you. You gave yourself a chance to move on. Look at your mother. At yourself. You want to be happy so you give yourself a chance." Baekhyun nodded and thought, so Chanyeol, why don't you give yourself a chance to fall for me, too?

Baekhyun told Lay what Chanyeol and he had talked about. But he just said, "No. Baekhyun, I love him so much to do that."

"But what if he loves someone else? You'll never know!" Baekhyun said even though it will hurt him, because it's the truth and he have to know it.

"I love him." he bowed his head. "You won't understand me! because you--" he cut off his statement and looked at Baekhyun.

"I have fallen in love Lay. I fell... but he didn't catch me." but Baekhyun smiled because "Time heals everything. But it hurts. Wait, I have a question, do you love him?"

"Of course!" Lay nodded like crazy.

"Do you love yourself?" Baekhyun asked him again.

And he nodded without second thought, "Yes! Of course."

"Then give yourself a chance." Baekhyun tapped his shoulder and left.

~ ~ ~

"Chanyeollie!!" Baekhyun walked up to Chanyeol like a child throwing tantrums. It's not bad to be a child sometimes, right? Baekhyun never felt like a child because all of his life, he felt like he was alone even though he was not. And Baekhyun realized that he was stupid that time. Or maybe he was just mad.

"Why? Is there a problem?" Chanyeol tilted his head to see Baekhyun's disgruntled face.

Baekhyun smiled sheepishly at him, "Nothing. I just feel like I want to do something else. I'm so bored."

Chanyeol laughed and rubbed Baekhyun's head, "Silly. Want to hang out with Kyungsoo-ssi?"

Baekhyun thought about it for a minute or two but he shook his head and pouted. He didn't know what he wanted in his life, really. Then someone knocked on his door, and of course, he opened it, "Yes, who is it you w--" Baekhyun's eyes circled at the guys in front of them.

"HI!! BAEKHYUN-AH!" speaking of, Kyungsoo and Sehun greeted him. "Would you l--" before they could finish what they're saying, Baekhyun closed the door.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, "Chanyeol! They're here! Don't let them see you, understand?" he warned Chanyeol.

"Aye sir!" he sounded like he was in military and Baekhyun found it cute.

Baekhyun opened the door once again and gave them his ever oh-so-innocent smile.

Sehun pouted, "Yah Baekhyun-ah, why did you just close the door in front of us? So rude!"

Baekhyun smiled sheepishly, "Because I was only wearing boxers, and I felt like it's not appropriate to wear one when I have visitors." Yeah, Baekhyun was a liar.

"Enough!" Kyungsoo snapped us. "Let's go to your room!"

"Waah!" Baekhyun shouted because they lifted him up and dragged him into his room. Baekhyun looked at Chnayeol and Chanyeol just followed them.

Then they took Baekhyun's clothes off. Baekhyun's eyes circled in horror. Oh noes. "Hey! What are you doing! This is ual harassment! Help! Help!"

Baekhyun shouted like crazy in his room until Kyungsoo hit him on his head, hard. "Can you stop shouting?! We're just getting clothes for you!"

"Ha?! What are you saying?! Getting clothes for me? You took off my clothes, stupid!!" Baekhyun shouted.

"Aish, Sehunnie, explain it to this loud man!" Kyungsoo said as he threw his clothes on the bed from Bakehyun's cabinet. Aish, this room would be a mess.

"What day is today?" Sehun asked Baekhyun.

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes on them, "I don't care. Just get to the point! Why are you doing this to me?" Baekhyun thought they're his friends. It hurt Baekhyun that they're doing this. Baekhyun thought that time and he felt like crying.

"It's Saturday right? So we decided it's time for you to hang out with us. Duh! You've rejected us for three months! And now, you'll pay for it!" Sehun explained and Baekhyun growled.

"It's a group date, to be specific." Kyungsoo said when he handed Baekhyun clothes to wear, "Try this one."

Baekhyun pouted, "Why should I have to join in that group date?"

"Aish, just wear this okay? And I'll put eyeliner on you after." Kyungsoo said.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, and he was just smiling. Baekhyun glared at him because he sensed that Chanyeol knew something about this.

Baekhyun put on the clothes Kyungsoo gave him and he stood in front of him. "Let's put this one on you." he took a pencil from his pocket.

When Baekhyun realized he was going to put it on his eyes, Baekhyun stopped him, "Yah, are you stupid? Why are you putting the charcoal of that pencil on my eyes?!"

They laughed at Baekhyun, Kyungsoo pinched him on the cheeks, "Hahaha, cute but stupid. It's an eyeliner! Not a pencil. This is the one you should wear so your eyes would be prettier. It's fashionable. And it's best for you 'cause you have small eyes." He told Baekhyun.

"Is that safe?" Baekhyun pointed at the 'eyeliner.'

"Of course. I wear this sometimes too. That's why I have one." Kyungsoo winked at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun had no choice but to let them put the 'eyeliner' on. And he was dying. The tears on his eyes kept on falling because it freaking hurts!! It killed his eyes. "Yah, Kyungsoo, why did you do that?!" Baekhyun complained while they were laughing at him.

"Just close your eyes for a minute. And everything will be alright." Sehun assured Baekhyun.

Baekhyun waited for a minute and he opened his eyes, he loved it. He loved the first person he saw, it's Chanyeol smiling at him and telling him that he was beautiful. Baekhyun smiled.

"I told you. You're pretty. Let's go!" Kyungsoo dragged him out of the apartment building.

Baekhyun stopped because Chanyeol was just following around. What was he going to do? Because Chanyeol just couldn't watch Baekhyun doing stuffs with his friends which also became Chanyeol's friends. "Wait. Who will be our dates?"

"Well, it's not really a date. Okay, let's just call it hanging out with our friends. Oh by the way, where is Chanyeol? Let's take him so you'd feel comfortable." Kyungsoo said.

"Ah yeah! He's your neighbor right? Where is his house?" Sehun said and looked at the houses around.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol. And Chanyeol instantly nodded, knowing what to do, and Baekhyun felt at ease. "Kyungsoo? Sehunnie?" Chanyeol called and Baekhyun was right.

"Oh! There you are Chanyeollie! Let's go!" Sehun dragged Chanyeol to come closer to them.

"What's happening here?" he asked innocently and Baekhyun smiled at his cuteness. It's like he's not lying.

"Yah yah! Look at Baekhyun! What do you think?!" Kyungsoo pushed Baekhyun towards Chanyeol and Baekhyun felt like his cheeks were getting hot.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and his heart thumped nervously, "You're cute and pretty, I could say." He told Baekhyun looking in his eyes and Baekhyun drowned. Baekhyun stared at him and Chanyeol did too. Baekhyun loved him and he--

"Ayyiiiee! Okay, let's stop this staring contest. Let's go. Jongin and Tao are waiting for us." Kyungsoo snapped them.

"Yah! What took you so long?!" Jongin furrowed his eyes on Kyungsoo, but when he saw Chanyeol, "Oh! You brought him too! Nice!" and he greeted Chanyeol. Tao did the same too.

"So, where are we going?" Sehun asked.

And they thought for a moment. Tao suggested, "Amusement park!" and he clung into Sehun like an excited girl. They all nodded. They came to the amusement park and Baekhyun was so excited. This was the first time Baekhyun came here. And he felt like crying. Chanyeol felt the same. And Chanyeol's eyes sparkled with Baekhyun's at all of the things they were seeing right now.

"It's your first time in here? Chanyeol and Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo asked, giving them his heart-shaped smiled.

"So better make the most of it. Let's go to the roller coaster!!" Jongin suggested and ran to the line. They all ran after him like children playing.

"Are you sure you want to ride a rollercoaster? Don't you think we should ride a light one first? Before this rollercoaster? A ferris wheel maybe?" Kyungsoo asked Jongin.

"No. Ferris wheel should be saved for last. Because it's the best and sweet. And every night, there are fireworks so it's really fun." Jongin told them.

"I never thought you have a sweet and cheesy side." Baekhyun laughed because it's the first time Baekhyun was seeing Jongin like this.

They all rode the rollercoaster and they all vomited, shouting curses as they were riding it. "This is your fault Jongin." They all cursed Jongin. He just gave them a pale smile.

"Let's go in there!" Tao then pointed at the horror house.

"Are you sure you're not scared?" Sehun cocked an eyebrow to Tao.

"No I'm not!" Tao defended himself.

"Let's go." Sehun dragged Tao in there. And they all followed them inside.

Everyone in the house was screaming like they really saw a ghost. While they were in the house, Baekhyun looked at them and chuckled. They wanted to be here yet they were scared, what's with these guys?

"Booo!" Jongin scared Kyungsoo.

"Waahh!" and Kyungsoo clung onto Baekhyun. "Let me please. Why are you not scared?" Kyungsoo asked him and was about to curse Baekhyun for not being scared. Because I'm used to the dark. Baekhyun answered him in his thoughts.

Baekhyun just smiled but Jongin suddenly pulled Kyungsoo away from him and he stuck his tongue out at Baekhyun. Kyungsoo looked at him confusedly. But Baekhyun smiled at Jongin's jealousy.

Baekhyun looked at the reactions of the people around him and he wanted to laugh. Their reactions were funny.

"Aaahhyy!" someone scared Baekhyun from behind. In fairness, the 'ghosts' here were surprising even though they're not that scary.

Baekhyun smiled at the 'ghost.' And he knew that the 'ghost' was surprised because he fell silent. Baekhyun thought he didn't expect him to smile at him even though he scared Baekhyun. He looked at his friends, Kyungsoo kept hitting Jongin on his arms, and Tao was hiding behind Sehun and shouting and was about to cry. Baekhyun laughed at them but also, he felt that they're in love.

"!" Baekhyun shouted and jumped because something cold held him on his foot, "Iiiihhh..." and Baekhyun's shivers ran down his spine. He suddenly felt that someone squeezed his hand, he looked at the one whom he was holding to, and it was Chanyeol. Baekhyun suddenly felt his cheeks hot. He looked at Chanyeol and he was smiling.

Seeing that smile, Baekhyun felt a little bit awkward because his heart was beating loudly, so Baekhyun pulled his hands off his grip. Chanyeol was surprised. He looked at Baekhyun, his eyes asking 'why did you let go of me?'

Baekhyun sighed and held his arm. Then he moved closer to Baekhyun's face and smiled at him sweetly. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes on Chanyeol even if the latter one was killing him inside. Baekhyun used his hand to shove his face from Chanyeol's sight but he just held it and Baekhyun was surprised, earning another batch of butterflies in Baekhyun's chest.

And even at the end of the horror house, Chanyeol was still holding Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun felt awkward and he didn't want others to see them because if they did, they owuld just tease them two. So he called Chanyeol and the other one looked at him. "My hand." He whispered.

And Chanyeol smiled, "You're my date right? And I know something about two people having date, they're holding their hands like this." And he swung their hands in the air.

"Psh. Just let go of my hands 'kay? My palms are sweating." Baekhyun told him.

Chanyeol pouted but soon let go of his. Baekhyun felt relieved because his heart wouldn't stop beating loudly when he held his hands like that.

Save the best for last, and there they were in the line to the ones who wanted to ride the ferris wheel.

"Okay okay. Hold on to your dates." Jongin said as he held Kyungsoo closer to him.

"Yah! I'm Kyungsoo's date! Not you!" Sehun said but Jongin held Kyungsoo closer and closer and stuck a tongue out to Sehun. "Then I'll date Baekhyun-ah! I don't want to date Tao! He's so clumsy!!!" he shouted.

"No." Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun and Baekhyun was dumbfounded. "Tao's your date. And you shouldn't leave your date behind. It's not good." Chanyeol scolded Sehun.

Sehun then slowly went back to Tao and pouted. Tao looked at him and he backhugged Sehun and put his chin on Sehun's shoulder. "Aish, so sweet." Baekhyun told them and dragged Chanyeol in the Ferris wheel.

"Waaah!! It's so high! Baekhyun look!!!" Chanyeol shouted, looking down excitedly. And Baekhyun was dying, covering his eyes using his hands.

"Nooo. I'm afraid of heights. I forgot to tell them!" Baekhyun complained. "Chanyeol, I don't want this anymore." Baekhyun closed his eyes and trembled.

"Just look down for a bit. It's amazing. Look! I'm telling you." he insisted. He held Baekhyun's hands that were shivering. "Ssshhh." Chanyeol calmed him down as he took Baekhyun's hand and leaned it on the glass of the room where they were.

Baekhyun's heart was beating so fast, but not because he was afraid anymore, well that's a slight reason, but it's because he knew that Chanyeol was so close next to him. Baekhyun felt Chanyeol's chest against his back.

"Look at that, isn't it beautiful?" Chanyeol pointed at something and chuckled as Baekhyun slowly, and cutely, opened his eyes. Baekhyun looked at it hesitantly and just nodded because he was too scared to speak.

Chanyeol then leaned to whisper to Baekhyun that his fear would be gone, because Chanyeol was always here for him. He covered Baekhyun's eyes and in a weird reason, Baekhyun felt safe.

Baekhyun then smiled, looked down the ground, and saw many beautiful things from up there. He felt excited as he pointed at the things he could saw. "Woah! Look at that Chanyeol!" Baekhyun said as he saw a cute booth which looked like a panda from up there. He turned to Chanyeol.

And his cheeks flushed red. Chanyeol was so close to him that he accidentally kissed his cheeks, thus, the beating of Baekhyun's heart became faster and faster.

Baekhyun looked down because he was so embarrassed, Chanyeol might think that Baekhyun did that on purpose. Baekhyun bit his lips then looked at Chanyeol who was looking at him. They locked gazes and his heart wouldn't stop beating loudly and hoped that the other one couldn't hear it.

Chanyeol moved closer to Baekhyun then the ferris wheel stopped. Baekhyun looked at the surrounding and his eyes circled in horror. Baekhyun screamed and hugged Chanyeol as he closed his eyes. "Put me down! Put me down! Get me out of this thing!!"

"Woah Baekhyun-ah, you're so pale. We didn't know you're afraid of heights! Why didn't you tell us, we could've just ridden another one!" Kyungsoo told Baekhyun worriedly after they came out the ride.

"No, it's fine. You're afraid of ghosts yet you went inside the horror house. I just did the same." Baekhyun reasoned out.

Kyungsoo smiled at him and patted his back as he told Baekhyun that he should take a rest first before continuing this amusement park thing. "Are you sure you're fine?"

"Yes. Thank you." Baekhyun smiled at him sweetly.

"Yes, I'm sure he's fine. He has Chanyeol beside him the whole ride." Jongin assured him and Baekhyun nodded. He looked at Chanyeol who smiled and waved his hands to greet Baekhyun. Baekhyun could only smile at him too.

~ ~ ~

Baekhyun was walking alone with Chanyeol on the street on their way back home. He looked at the stars and suddenly remembered something that changed his life. "Stars, oohh. There're so many stars! Look Chanyeollie."

The latter one looked up the sky and smiled. Then he dragged Baekhyun down the grass field, he lied down and looked at the stars. Baekhyun lied down as well. "Yeah, and I remember something. Shooting star."

Baekhyun laughed, learning that they're thinking the same, "You know what, I once hoped that I could see a shooting star in the morning." Baekhyun admitted.

Then Chanyeol looked at him like Baekhyun was a crazy man, "No you don't!"

"Yes, I did because I was too desperate to wish upon them. I always wish that I won't be alone anymore. And I met you." Bakehyun looked at him and smiled. "But it hurts too."

And his eyes circled, "W-w-why? Did I do something wrong?" he worriedly asked.

"Because you'll leave me one day too." Baekhyun sighed as he thought of what will happen when Chanyeol leaves.

"Hey Baek---" he sat up to look at Baekhyun better.

"You know, I once thought that I should not have met you if you will leave me one day too. But I thought of the good times and the things you did for me, I was wrong. I shouldn't have thought that I shouldn't have met you. I should just thank you for the things you did to me. Because of you, I learned to love. To give myself a second chance. You gave me hope. You are my guide. You are my star." Baekhyun smiled at him, not minding the lump forming in his throat.

Chanyeol then hugged him tightly, "Don't cry just because of me. I don't want you to cry. It hurts me." he closed his eyes.

"I wish I have more time to be with you." Baekhyun sniffed and rested on Chanyeol's shoulder. "Sorry because I'm selfish."

"It's okay." He sighed. "I envy you. I want to be selfish too but I cannot." Baekhyun then looked at him and at his world and it hurt him so much. Baekhyun shifted his gaze because he didn't want Chanyeol to see it, and there someone caught his attention.

"Luhan hyung?" Baekhyun kneeled to see if it's really Luhan. And he was right. "Who is he with?" 

Chanyeol then held Baekhyun's hand and dragged them closer to Luhan and... Lay.

"I thought I'll move on to give myself a chance but I just cannot because I want to be with him. They say time heals everything but he's the only one who could heal my heart." Lay said, endless tears were falling from his eyes.

"Look at you, you're crying. Aish, crying in front of someone whom you just met? Aish, so gay." Luhan laughed. "It's not manly."

"Yah, then tell me what those stars are for? I bet you'll cry too." Lay pouted and glared at Luhan.

"I've been waiting for a shooting star for all my life. I've been waiting for him for all my life. And then one day, he forgot about me, but still I became happy for him. But I am not happy for myself. Why can't I?" Luhan sighed. "I need him."

Baekhyun exclaimed, "It's Luhan and Lay!" he whispered to Chanyeol.

"I hope you'll find what you're looking for someday. Somewhere under the starry night." Luhan smiled and patted Lay's shoulder.

"I hope you'll find someone who can heal that broken heart of yours. He doesn't deserve your tears, I guess. But someone surely deserves that smile." And Lay smiled.

"Don't make me cry." Luhan looked up to stop the forming tears in his eyes.

"Let's meet again... under a starry night." Lay stood up as well as Luhan to bid goodbye.

And it started to rain.

Chanyeol then ran to a tree "Let's find a shelter Baekhyun!!" and they still hid.

"Aish, how can we meet, it's raining." Luhan pouted.

"We'll meet until the rain stops." Lay smiled. "A promise under a starry night."

"Promise." Luhan pouted and shook hands with Lay.

Lay turned around and fell down the ground.