Epilogue

Alone With You

Baekhyun wakes up and finds himself staring at nowhere. He sits up the bed and though it's comfortable and fluffy, his feelings are not. Baekhyun doesn't know what is bothering him. He sighs and goes to the bathroom to wash his face and get ready for breakfast. 

Baekhyun washes his face with cold water and looks at the mirror in front of him. He shakes his head and blinks a few times. "What a dream." he scratches his head and winces because somethings sticks in his hair, "Ouch!" 

Baekhyun carefully removed the thing from his hair and finds a ring on his finger. "When did th--" and everything flashes in his head.

Then Baekhyun finds himself staring at the mirror. And a tear comes out from his eyes. He runs down the stairs and goes to the dining room where his family is eating. 

Jongin looks at him, startled, "What's with the rush?" 

His mother looks at him, she has the worried expression on her face, "Why? Did something happen?" 

"Did Monggu pee on your bed again?" Jongin says as he smiled at his dog. 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, "No! It's not that!" Baekhyun then sits down and joins them, for breakfast. "Do you know Chanyeol?" he asks them. 

Then they all look at Baekhyun, "So you now have a boyfriend?" they all said at the same time.  

Baekhyun shakes his head, "I don't know but he gave me this." Baekhyun shows the ring on his finger and the necklace he is wearing.  

Then his mother stands up, "Why didn't you tell us?!" she is raged and Baekhyun sees that she is scary.  

"Yah, why didn't you tell us that you are already engaged? To whom?!" Jongdae who just comes out from his room shouts at him. Jongin asks, grinning widely.  

Baekhyun shakes his head no, "I just remembered something. But it is weird, really. I love him but he drifted away with the wind. He is the cupid himself but he loved me so he is now a fallen god. And we're not meant for each other so I was really hurt." Baekhyun explains simply to them. 

"You watch too much movies, you read too many books!" Jongin exclaims and they just laugh. Baekhyun pouts because somehow, the story is sad. And Baekhyun is the main character there. Did it really happen? 

"Sorry Baekhyun but we don't know who Chanyeol is or that cupid. You just celebrated your nun's birthday yesterday, maybe it's a hangover." His mother tells him and rubs his back. Baekhyun just nods and smiles because his mother understands.  

"So it's February 14 today." Baekhyun says. 

And Jongin suddenly stands up, "! I don't have a gift for Kyungsoo yet!" and he runs up the stairs to get ready for their date. They all laugh at Jongin's forgetfulness.

Then Baekhyun sighs, he suddenly remembers Lay. It has been a year since they have found out that he has Alzheimer's disease. And now, he can't remember anything. Baekhyun wonders what Luhan is feeling. So he dials his friend's number on his phone.  

"Yes Baekhyun-ah?" he greets happily. 

"Are you doing well." Baekhyun asks him. 

"Of course. Because at least, even if he doesn't remember me and even if I introduce myself to him everyday, as long as he's still alive and my star, I am happy." he declares happily and Baekhyun really admired Luhan for that. 

Baekhyun is relieved that he can still smile widely even though their situation is like that, "That's good to hear." 

"How about you Baekhyun-ah. You sound like you are feeling down, why?" he asked the other one. 

"Luhan hyung, did I have an amnesia?" Baekhyun asks him. 

Luhan laughs, "What are you saying? When? Haha, no, why?" 

"Because I just dreamed that I still have Chanyeol." And his heart stings when he says Chanyeol's name.  

"Who's Chanyeol?" 

"I used to love him before." Baekhyun says as if he is so sure of that. 

"Really? When?" Luhan asks confusedly. 

"Aish, I just tell you next time. I have to hang up." Baekhyun says goodbye and ends the call.

Baekhyun sighs because it really bothers him. Then he remembers the ring and the necklace. Immediately, he runs upstairs to go to his room. Baekhyun checks his wardrobe and it's really there, "Mr. Cupid." Baekhyun mumbles. 

And because of the shirt Kris and Suho gave him that night, Baekhyun feels down. "What's happening?" he shakes his head. Baekhyun then looks out the window and wishes for some shooting star to fall. I'm going crazy. He laughs at himself because it is still morning.

Baekhyun soon consults Tao, Sehun, and Kyungsoo about it but they all shake their heads. Baekhyun pouts, "Why can't you remember him? I love him, but he must leave because he is a cupid. I cried really hard that night because he left me that day and asked me to marry him." Baekhyun explains and complains. Then suddenly, tears come out from his eyes.  

Baekhyun bows his head down because all the feelings he felt that time are slowly coming back to him. He glances at them and they are definitely shocked because Baekhyun is really crying because of Chanyeol. 

"Baekhyun... Why?" They don't know what to do because Baekhyun breaks down. Baekhyun looks up to them and noticed that he can't see their three hearts anymore.  

"Chanyeol! Why did I forget him?" Baekhyun feels so bad that he runs away from the ones who are confused because of what Baekhyun is feeling and why Baekhyun is acting this way.

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun tries to call out his name but everyone just looks at him like he was a mad man. But he doesn't care, I want to be with Chanyeol. And he wants to have his forever with him. Baekhyun wants Chanyeol even though he cannot remember his face anymore. He wants to be alone with Chanyeol. 

Baekhyun then goes to the orphanage to celebrate his Valentines with the children. And Baekhyun somehow feels better because of these little children's smiles. I was once like them.  

After celebrating the day with them, Baekhyun walks down the street alone. "I'm alone once again." Baekhyun sighs. Then Baekhyun gets his mp3 from his bag and listens to the music.

Lying beside you here in the dark 

Feeling your heart beat with mine...

Baekhyun was alone in the dark that time... But then he remembers that night when he saw a shooting star. He wished to have someone with him and suddenly, Baekhyun mumbled his name. Mr. Cupid. You came and you left. Bull. Baekhyun questions, Is fate messing with me? Why does he still have to meet Chanyeol when they will be apart like this someday.  

Baekhyun looks around and notices that the place is familiar with him. And his heart beats loudly as he walks near the apartment. Probably, someone lives in it now... Our home.

Living without you, living alone 

This empty house seems so cold 

Wanting to hold you, wanting you near 

How much I wanted you oh

Baekhyun seeing this apartment, everything comes back once again. Baekhyun closes his eyes, Chanyeol, I want you back in my arms. I need you so I won't feel alone again. You're all that I need right now. Can I have you back? Should I wish for a shooting star again? If that will do, I will wish in every shooting star I will see. I will hold you in my arms and I will never let you go. 

Baekhyun looks up the sky and wishes, once again, "Chanyeol, please come back to me." And he opens his eyes. Baekhyun's eyes circle when he sees a shooting star as soon as he says his wish. "Waah! Chanyeol!" Baekhyun shouts. 

Then the rain starts to sing, drip, drop, drip, drop. "It's raining." Baekhyun mumbles and pouts. Well obviously Baekhyun he tells himself afterwards. So he looks for a shelter from the rain and waits for nothing there.  

He looks at the sky once again to stop his tears from falling. He rolls his eyes, "Rain rain go away, come again another day..." he sings and waits for the rain to stop.

Chanyeol's Point of View

A year has passed and there Chanyeol is, still in love with Baekhyun. He wonders how Baekhyun is doing right now. He wonders if he remembers him, but better not to, because Chanyeol knows that it will only hurt him. It's better that Chanyeol is the one who is hurting than Baekhyun, Chanyeol always thinks about Baekhyun.

Softly you whisper you're so sincere 

How could our love be so blind

As Chanyeol is staying in that prison, he realizes everything. He realizes that their love is so blind. Because it took them so so much time to admit that they love each other. They didn't see their true feelings for each other that time because they were so hooked up on leaving each other someday. We're just stupid. And that became their problems that hurt them so much. But still, Chanyeol doesn't regret it because he feels that Baekhyun really loved him and that's what matters to him more right now... Because I want to be with you... 

Then V, the goddess of love comes to him, "Chanyeol, let's go." she winks at Chanyeol. Chanyeol somehow feels different towards her because she is the only one who calls him 'Park Chanyeol' instead of 'Mr. Cupid.' V then leads him to the meeting.

Chanyeol sees all the gods and goddesses smiling at him. He feels really different right now and awkward because he doesn't know if he will smile at them too after what he did. But what did I do? I just loved. There's nothing bad about it so Chanyeol smiles at them too.  

Then V holds his hand and tells Chanyeol, "We are happy that Byun Baekhyun is happy, even though he forgot about you." She says happily and smiles. 

Chanyeol just looks at her because, of course, he cannot smile especially when she just tells Chanyeol that Baekhyun forgot about him. What the hell? Who can smile at that news? 

"But because I gave you to him that night, he will remember everything today." She admits.  

Chanyeol looks at her and smiled. "You were Taehyung." Chanyeol has this hypothesis in his mind ever since they met at the jewelry shop. 

And because of that reaction, V laughs and she is speechless, Chanyeol is sure wise. But as he remembers the thing she just says, "W-what?! Baekhyun will remember everything?" he freaks out.  

Then Zico an eyebrow to him, "Don't you want that?" 

Chanyeol shakes his head, "No, I don't want that." Then they look at Chanyeol confusedly, so he continues, "Because if he remembers everything, he will get hurt realizing that I left him; that you take me away from him because we loved each other. I don't want Baekhyun to cry anymore. It's fine that I am locked in here and Baekhyun cannot remember me anymore, as long as he's not lonely and as long as he's happy, I'm happy too!" Chanyeol explains which melts their hearts. 

They all smile at what Chanyeol say, SHINee star then tells him, "I am the shooting star here and you should be the one to wish upon me, you still made wishes come true. First, Byun Baekhyun, his wish to not be alone anymore became true. Then D.O's wish about Kris and Junmyeon being together again. V's wish about you and Baekhyun to love each other. You all did that because you really want to help. We know that you did your best not to fall for him. And we know that you didn't want to be a fallen god, until you met Baekhyun." he nods and D.O continues, "We are watching you Chanyeol." And Chanyeol's ears tingle as D.O calls his name. "We, even I personally, thought that your three hearts will be black. That you will soon forget about him, because you know that you have been a god all these hundreds and thousands of years yet in just a span of less than a year, your hearts, never once, did it changed. It's always red."

"Now tell me," SHINee star then called, "what is your wish?" 

Chanyeol lets a tear goes down to his cheek and he says, "I want to be with Baekhyun."

Baekhyun's Point Of View

After some minutes, Baekhyun feels cold and realizes that he is already shivering in cold. "Waah, rain rain, please stop... Aish, I should go now." Baekhyun decides.  

And when he is about to run through the rain, somebody stops him. Baekhyun looks at him and he looks worried, "What are you doing? You shouldn't run through the rain, you'll get sick!" He exclaims with his deep voice.  

Baekhyun softens and nods, "But I want to go home now." he sighs, "I am waiting here for many minutes but the rain won't stop." Baekhyun pouts. 

"Wah you're cute!" he blurts out and Baekhyun blushes instantly, "Are you waiting for someone?" he asks Baekhyun afterwards.  

Baekhyun nods, "Yes." 

"Is he your boyfriend? Is he your date? Happy Valentines!" he greets happily and smiles at Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun feels like falling, "Happy Valentines." he greets as well. 

"So, do you have someone with you?" he asks. 

And Baekhyun answers, "No, I'm alone." 

Then suddenly, he pinches Baekhyun's cheeks and Baekhyun was shocked at what he did, "What? Are you blind? Can't you see me? I'm here with you. You're not alone, I'm here!" he says and Baekhyun's heart beats faster because he somehow feels familiar with what the guy did. 

Baekhyun wants to cry but he answers the guy's question, "I once was blind but this guy became my eyes. He made me realize that I am not alone. And he is the reason why I am happy now." Baekhyun admits easily. 

"Oh, where is that kind guy?" he asks innocently. 

Baekhyun shakes his head for him not to mind what Baekhyun is saying because he won't understand. And if Baekhyun tells him the truth, he'll just think that Baekhyun is crazy. "I-I don't know where he is and how he is doing now. But I miss him so much." he says. 

"Ahh, me too. I love someone because he taught me how to love. He is my family, my best friend, and the love of my life. But I can't remember his face anymore but I bet he's beautiful." He looks up the sky and closes his eyes. 

Baekhyun nods, he is feeling what exactly the stranger beside him is feeling. He then also looks up the sky thinking that he will remember the face of the one he loves, "Chanyeol." Baekhyun holds his tears back.  

"Why?" the guy suddenly says.

But now that you come back 

Tonight and today, I need you to stay

I am happy that you came into my life. But I will be happier if you'd stay with me forever.

"Oh?" the guy then opens his eyes and looks at Baekhyun, he is shocked too. "How did you know my name?" he asks innocently. 

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun sobs, and the guy suddenly feels scared.  

"Oh no, why are you crying? I didn't mean to ask you about that. But really, how did you know my name?" he is tensed up when he tries to comfort Baekhyun, he apologizes.  

"Chanyeol... Are you Park Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asks him, looking at him in his eyes. 

Chanyeol nods and looks into Baekhyun's eyes too. He is taken aback and sighs heavily. He looks at Baekhyun again and again, and he pulls his hair in confusion. "Oh my gosh, are you Baekhyun? Are you Byun Baekhyun?!" he asks and hugs Baekhyun even if Baekhyun hasn't answered him yet. Baekhyun cries and nods endlessly, as he is now imagining the wedding they have planned in their hearts that day.

We sailed on together 

We've drifted apart 

And here you are by my side

We made everyone's three hearts red. We aimed and shot them. I lived my life aiming and shooting hearts with you. I lived my life loving you. And I lived it without you once. So I won't let this chance pass that I am holding you in my arms.

So now I come to you with open arms 

Nothing to hide, believe what I say 

So here I am with open arms 

Hoping you'll see what your love means to me 

Open arms

I'm opening my arms to hold you again.  

I'm opening my arms to hug you again.  

I'm opening my arms to kiss you again. 

I'm opening my arms to love you again.  

And I open my heart for you, forever.

- - - END - - -

Yaaay!! So that is the epilogue! Maybe some of you guys thought that they will not be together in the end, but... I want to write a fanfic with a happy ending and I want it to be Chanyeol and Baekhyun because they were energetic and happy people! So I guess the epilogue made you happy? Because it made me happy. Sorry if it's not what you expected but I just did what I am able to do in this story.  

And thank you for reading this until the end!! Thank you! Mwah!! Bye!

. I'm really grateful to you guys, thank you very much! 😭💖💖

- dandanieeri ^^