Red string

THE IDOL HUNT

*  Alarm ringing  *

" Bo-ra??? "

*  Alarm ringing  *

Chorong opens her eyes because of the alarm which is strangly ringing so early. She rubs her eyes to check the time as she think she is wrong.

" What??? 5:00am??? That's so early?? Who set the alarm??? "

She said to herself and she is about to dismiss the clock when she notices that a red string is tied at her left ring finger.

" What string??? Bomi's another prank?? "

She said to herself and she is about to remove the string when she notices a note on the table. She wonderd what is this and opens the letter.

" Chorong unnie!!! Good morning. I am sorry to disturb your sleep. But I have prepared many things so please give some time of yours to me.

I have made a game for you. Please follow my instruction carefully. First of all, don't untie the string. Secondly, I have prepared notes for you. So please follow them. Now unnie, let's go to the bathroom.
                   Bomi "

" Aish, that girl. What she will do again this time??? "

Chorong said to herself and she looks for the younger girl in the room. But she sees no Bomi so she decides just to follow Bomi's words.

She wraps the red string on her left palm and she starts to follow that string which leads her into the bathroom.

She found another note on the mirror. Chorong is wrapping the red string around her palm and she takes the note.

" Unnie, let's wash your face and brush your teeth. Bomi has prepared everything for you.

My unnie, I want to do these works for you everyday till we are grew old. I want to spend our morning times together. "

Chorong smiles at the note and she washes her face and brushes her teeth. Bomi has changed their tooth-brushes to couple tooth-brushes. Chorong notices that and she shakes her head.

She doesn't know where to go next so she just follows the red string which leads her to the outside of the bathroom from the other door.

She found another note when she opens the door which is sticked on the wall in front of her.

" Chorong unnie, you are now fresh, right??? I don't want to say much now. Because I am shy to say you that you are so beautiful in your bare face which has no make-up on."

Chorong takes the note in her hand and she follows the red string again which leads her along the corridore. The string around her palm becomes thicker and thicker.

" Unnie, I have a secret to tell you. You know, I can't resist you and I am falling for you day by day. But I am so afraid that you will mad at me if I tell you like this."

Chorong becomes shy because of Bomi's bold words. She is not confessing her in person but she is already shy by her letters.

Chorong follows the red string again and she reaches to the dinning room. She found a note on the table and she opens it.

" Unnie, I am not a good cook like you. But I tried my best. I just make coffee and bread for you. It will be not good as the breakfast that you always make for us but unnie, I put all my feelings for you in them. So please enjoy them."

Chorong reads the note and she starts to eat the bread.

" Ahhh, too much jam."

She said to herself as she gives a bite on the bread.

" Pabo Bomi."

She whispers while she is drinking the coffee. Like Bomi has said, she thinks that this simple breakfast is delicious and the best that she ever have.

She wonders that Bomi really put her feelings into them.

She looks around and saw a note on the refrigator.

" Unnie. Please take the medicine. You are not well these days. And you are weak than ever. I can cure your heart with my love but I can't cure your physical health. So unnie, take the medicine, ok??? Bomi has prepared it for you."

Chorong smiles at the note and she takes the note in her hand. There are several notes in her hand now. She then takes the medicine and water which are placed on the counter beside the refrigator and she drinks them.

" Now, I have finished. Where I should follow now??? "

Chorong wonders and she keeps following the red string. The red string goes to the upstair and she ends up at the roof.

" Wow!! This is the roof where Naeun and Eunji always hang out."

Chorong said and she keeps wrapping the string around her palm.

She looks around but she found nothing. She decides to follow the red string and it takes her to the edge of the roof.

And she found a note there.

" Unnie. Now it is time to relax your stress. Slowly walk onto the edge. It is not dangerous. Trust me."

Bomi writes like this and Chorong puts off her shoes before she starts to walk on the edge. This is not that narrow. She can easily stand on it. And there is another space on the roof below this edge so even if she falls down from here, she will not be injured. She found another note at there.

" Unnie, now extend your hands and think that you are flying. Close your eyes and feel the breeze. And scream if you want. Let out all your stress. No one is here so you can do whatever you want."

Chorong inhales deeply and she extends her hand slowly. Then she closes her eyes. And she thinks that she is flying.

The morning cold and fresh breeze is rubbing her face lightly. She thinks she is floating in the sky. Chorong inhales and exhales steathily and she calms down herself. Her mind has been clouded with thoughts since after that day. So she wants to let out all her stress.


She opens her eyes again and she sighs in peace. Then she starts to follow the red string again.

" Unnie, the great Yoon Bomi is good, right??? Please let out all the things in your mind next time. Don't keep them inside you. And you can tell me everytime you need someone to listen for you. I want to be the partner of yours who can share your things whether they are happiness or sorrows."

" Bomi-ya."

Chorong whispers and she keeps follows the string. This time, the string leads her back to the downstair. She found a note on the wall again.

" Chorong unnie, it's the time to talk about us. First of all, I want to ask you a question.

 

Do you believe in fate??? "


Chorong nods her head although there is no one who is watching her. She follows the red string and it takes her to another note.

" If you believe in fate, I want to tell you about this red string. Most people say that everyone has a red string on their finger. They have to follow the string and finally they can meet the one they love at the end who has the another edge of the same string."

Chorong looks at the string in her hand which is thickly around her palm and the edge of the string which is tied to the ring finger of her left hand.

" So I am following the red string and searching the end of the string??? "

She asks to herself and continues following the string. This time, the note is sticked at the top of the stair.

" Unnie, I do believe in fate and I also believe that one day I will meet with someone who has the another edge of my red string. But I am afraid of that fate which will play with me. So I want to create my own fate."

Chorong takes the note and she walks down along the stairs. She carefully looks around to.find another note. But she found it only when she reaches into the living room on the TV screen.

" Unnie, I think I have already found my other half. But I am afraid that the other half of mine will be others one day. So I don't want to wait for the fate which will bring us together. And I believe that fate has already made me to meet with you so it's enough."

Chorong takes the note into her hand and let it to join together to other notes. She is so curious of what Bomi will say in the next note so she quickly wraps the red string around her palm and follows it.

And she found another note at the main door.

" Chorong unnie, I want to change the fate even though we are not the fated one. I can do anything for you. I want to stay by your side and I want to protect you. I want to be the one who will hold you when you are weak and who will jump together with you when you are happy. I want to spend my days together with you. I am thinking about my whole life and said these words to you."

Chorong becomes teary already. She doesn't know how Bomi knows to tell sweet words. But she is so touched with her words. The string goes out to the outside so Chorong opens the door. And a note is found at the ground in front of her.

Chorong picks it up and she reads it.

" Unnie, there is a saying that ' A word is more valuable than a thousand talks'. I write this notes to you to prove that they all are my promises to you. I don't want to see the unhappy side of yours anymore. I promise that I will make everyday to be happy days for you. Chorong unnie."

She then follows the string and it leads to the outside of the compound. But she found a note on the door again.

" Chorong unnie, if you open the door, you will find the end of the red string. Please come and find it if you want. I am waiting for you."

Chorong takes the note and she holds onto the door. She doesn't need to think twice. She knows Bomi is really care for her and she always thinks for her.

Bomi will be her good lover and most important is that, she loves Bomi, too, who may be immature and playful outside while she is really a serious and caring person inside.

Chorong slowly opens the door and she walks out to the outside one step by one.

Suddenly, the string that tied to her finger tightened and she looks up along it. And she saw Bomi on the roof of the car while she is standing there and waving to her.

" Chorong unnie!!! "

" What are you doing there, Bomi-ya??? "

Chorong shouts to her and asks her. Bomi smiles at her and she shows the red string which is tied to her ring finger, too.

They are not too far away from each other so Chorong can see two couple rings on her finger.

While she is watching, Bomi put off the upper ring and she drops it along the red string. The ring moves towards Chorong and it ends up at the ring finger of hers.

Chorong is so surprised by the unexpected present. And at that time, Bomi jumps down from the car.

Chorong is silently crying but this time, these tears are just tears of joys. She smiles between her tears and she continues to walk to Bomi while she is wrapping the red string around her palm.


One...Two... my heart

 

Three... Four... my breath

 

Five... Six... my entire body walks,

 

 

only seeing you, Bomi-ya...

 

 

One... Two... even now

 


Three... Four... even today

 


Five... Six... even tomorrow

 


Just walk toward me, Chorong unnie

 


The babysteps are only between them and finally Chorong reaches in front of Bomi who is staring at her with love-filled eyes.

" Chorong unnie, good morning."

" Bomi-ya~~ "

" Unnie, please don't cry."

She said and she help her to wipe the tears. Chorong shakes her head and she said.

" No. I'm not sad. They are just tears of joys as I can find the end of my red string. Bomi-ya, you are my destiny."

She said and Bomi holds onto her hand. She then smiles at Chorong and she holds onto the ring that she drops by the string.

" Unnie, I am telling this words with all my heart. I am not good at words so I don't want to talk many thing."

She then inhales and kisses on Chorong's hand.

" Park Chorong. I love you."

She said and Chorong thought that her world stops at that moment. She looks at Bomi with still teary eyes and the younger girl stares into her eyes.

" Unnie, what is your answer??? "

" Bomi-ya. You are the one who is staying by my side all the time. I know I can lean on you. You are the one who give me shoulder whenever I need someone. I always end up depend on you. You know why???? Because my heart is already waiting for you and it is longing for your love for a long time ago."

She confesses her feeling timidly. Her face is now in deep red and Bomi finds it very cute. She wants to pinch that chubby rosy cheeks badly now.

" I ... "

Chorong dares herself to stare back at Bomi. She is so blushing but she has to finish her words.

" love you, too. Yoon Bomi."

She said and she lowers her head immediately. Bomi is now smiling widely like a moron and she uses her fingers to lightly push up Chorong's face.

" Unnie, you really make me happy today. Thanks you for loving me."

" No. Thanks you to giving me your love, Bomi-ya."

She said and Bomi can't control herself anymore. She leans towards Chorong and moves closer to the older girl. Chorong whispers to her.

" Bomi-ya, I want to know how you prepare all these things."

" This is my idea but I have to take some help from members."

" Where are they now??? "

" May be sleeping. I tricked them and I started the plan four hours earlier than the original plan as I want the alone time for us."

She whispers back and Chorong giggles. Their faces are so close that they can feel each other's breathe on their faces.

Bomi moves more closer to Chorong and she now closes her eyelids. Chorong understands what the younger girl is about to do so she also flutters her eyes slowly.

Bomi breathe moves closer to her as she can now feel it on her lips. Chorong's heart is now thumping so fast. She is so nervous and happy with this situation.

Bomi, on the other hand is also excited and she slowly moves closer to Chorong and finally, she lands her lips on the older girl's white and dry ones.

They don't make a move for a few minutes and they start to kiss when Bomi's hands find Chorong and the fingers interlock.

They are now proving all the promises they said earlier with a kiss while not only their fingers but also their hearts are intertwined.

The morning is beautiful with the lovebirds who are sharing the feelings they have for each other.


The rising sun is pouring her golden radiations on the new couple and give them her bless while the morning birds are taking this good news all around the world.


And Chorong and Bomi are now listening to the new song which is written in the language that only their hearts can understand. For them, the world has only the two of them and they forget about the surrounding around them.

 

Just for now, the most important thing for them is Chorong and Bomi, being together.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N   :  How do you think for this chapter. I write Chomi for everyone.