Flashback

THE IDOL HUNT

Flashback

 


" Eunji-ya. Where are you???? "

" I'm in the shower!!! "

" ok."

Naeun answers and she is waiting for Eunji to come out from the shower. She is lying on the bed and reading the book that she bought yesterday.

*  Phone ringing  *

Naeun raises her head to find the phone which is ringing noisily and disturbing her reading.

Naeun notices that the call is from Eunji's phone so she wants to be curious of Eunji's personal.

She slowly moves to the edge of the bed and she hands to pick up the phone.

" Naeun-na!!! "

Suddenly, Eunji who comes out from the bathroom shouts and stops her.

" Don't pick up the phone."

She said and she grabs the phone from Naeun's hand.

Roughly.

Naeun looks at Eunji with a surprising eyes as she never treats Naeun in that way. Naeun wants to cry at that time, but she told herself not to do it and she pretends to read the book.

Eunji is so strange. She thinks.

At the evening, the practise is over and they decide to call off for today as they have been dancing the whole afternoon and their feet are now killing them.

" Naeun-na??? "

Naeun doesn't turns around the call from Eunji. She is still mad at Eunji for shouting her all of a sudden.

" Naeun-na. I am sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you."

Eunji said while she is putting her hands on Naeun's waist and prevents her from going away.

Naeun wants badly to turn around and tells her that it's ok but her brain doesn't let her. Eunji was over reacting and she has to make sure that Eunji will not make that kind of move again.

*  Phone ringing  *

But her thoughts are cut off by Eunji's phone again. Eunji quickly removes herself from Naeun and she takes out the phone. Then she moves away from Naeun and answers the phone.

Naeun looks at Eunji's back and she feels that Eunji is hiding something from her. She knows in her mind that the caller is the same with the one who called in the morning.

Does Eunji has another one beside her????

" No. That can't be. I should trust Eunji."

She said to herself and shakes her head as she wants to forget her silly and crazy thoughts.

She knows too well that Eunji really loves her. Why she has to worry about something that's impossible???

Naeun is nearly forget about that someone before it is time to bed. Eunji is disappearing all the day and she came back before dinner. Naeun wants to ask her where she has been but it will be like that she doesn't trust in Eunji so she decides to shut up for this moment.

" Naeun-na. I will use the bathroom first. Don't pick up the phone if someone call me."

" Ok."

Naeun answers but she wants to know why.

Eunji enters the bathroom and Naeun hopes that the mysterious phone will income again.

To her luck, the phone rings and Naeun quickly answer it without even thinking twice.

" Hello?? "

" Hello??? Is that Jung Eunji's phone??? "

Naeun furrows her eyebrows as the other line is a girl, too. Jelousy mode on.

" Yes. But she can't answer the phone now. She is in the bathroom. You can tell me what you want to say. I will tell her.back."

" Who are you??? "

" I am Son Naeun, her girlfrined."

Naeun emphasizes the word girlfriend. And the other line is laughing like she just hears a joke.

" You are her girlfriend??? Then who I am??? I am her wife?? "

" What!! "

Naeun is surprised and angry at the same time.

" What do you mean?? "

" I am Jung Hyosung. Everyone in Busan know me as Eunji's girlfriend and future's wife."

" What!! "

" Please, Son Naeun-sshi. Eunji is mine and she only loves me. So stop sticking around my girlfriend."

" Are... Are you... Are you telling the truth?? "

" Of course. Why I have to lie you??? Eunji is mine from the start and she will be mine forever. "

She said and Naeun has nothing to say.

" Don't you know that Eunji's nickname is Sweet-talker Player. She always gets the hearts of the one she likes with her cheesy words and she dates them for fun. She kicked them out after she gets bored as the only one she really loves is me. And me only."

" No. No. It can't be."

" Little sister, I'm talking for you. Don't date with her anymore. She is no worth to date."

That girl, Hyosung said and Naeun nearly drops the phone. She can't speak a word and she is frozed at that moment.

" Naeun!!! What are you doing??? "

Eunji quickly walks towards her and she tries to grab the phone from Naeun. But Naeun jerks her hand and she stares at Eunji with red eyes.

" Jung Eunji. What is this??? Who is that Hyosung?? "

" Naeun-na, let me explain."

" Shut up. She said she is your girlfriend fron Busan."

" Naeun-na, it's not true. I only love you. She is not my girlfriend. She is - "

" Stop now. You are just using your sweet talk again. I don't believe you anymore."

" Please Naeun. Let me explain first."

" No need to explain. She has told me everything. She has told me how skillful player you are. "

Naeun is so angry and she doesn't let Eunji to say  anything.

" Please stop. I don't want to hear your lies anymore. I don't want to be tricked anymore."

Naeun blinks quickly and she swallows the saliva.

" Let's break up."

" Naeun-na."

" Let's break up. I'm going."

Naeun said and she walks out from the room leaving Eunji behind. Eunji doesn't react anything for a few seconds and she quickly follows Naeun and grabs the younger girl's hand.

" Naeun-na. Wait."

" Let me go."

Naeun jerks Eunji's hand and she glares the older girl before she leaves the room. She leans on the door for a few seconds while she starts to tear drop.

Eunji on the other hand doesn't dare to follow angry Naeun so she just stands at the spot and hangs down her head while she is also crying.

Naeun wipes the tears on her face and she decides to sleep in one of the members' room.

But she doesn't want to go into Hajoo's room as she is the one who kicked Namjoo out from her room. And she also doesn't want to go back into Chomi's room again as she is the one who left the room by herself.

" Ahh, Yookyung."

Naeun remembers about Yookyung and she finally decides to stay with the same aged member. She opens the door but there is no Yookyung.

" Where is she going??? It's late at night."

Naeun wonders but she decides to stay here for the night and she lies down on the bed while sobbing faintly.

 


End of Flashback

 


" That's all."

Naeun ends the flashback story and Yookyung jaw drops to the floor.

" Then you broke up with Eunji unnie without even letting her to give an explanation??? "

" Wae??? I have to listen to her lies again??? "

" Who said she will tell lies?? "

" Her girlfriend said."

" Naeun-na, you believe the unknown girl but not Eunji unnie whom we have been staying together with for five months??? I think you decided so carelessly."

" What?? "

" I think you are so stupid this time. You need to listen to her first before you make a decision."

" But- "

" Naeun-na. You should talk with her tomorrow. Listen to me."

Yookyung said and Naeun sighs.

" Yookyung-na, I hope you are right and I am wrong. I really love her and I don't want to break up with her."

Naeun said while she starts to sob. Yookyung sighs and she pulls the older girl towards her.

" Naeun-na, don't worry. You will be ok tomorrow. Everything will be alright tomorrow. Believe me."

Yookyung said and Naeun starts to cry on her shoulder. Yookyung rubs Naeun's back slowly and breathe of the older girl becomes steady.

After about thirty minutes, Naeun falls asleep. Yookyung gently puts Naeun on the bed and she puts the blanket over her.

" Naeun-na, don't cry. I am not happy if you guys are unhappy. My happiness are just started. I want all of us to be happy together."

She whispers and she lightly stoke Naeun's hair.

And she also lies down beside her friend and she closes her eyes, getting ready to enter the fantasy dreamland.


If she is lucky, she can meet her kitty in the dream and celebrating her birthday again.

 

Love can sometimes make us laugh

 

and

 

 


it can sometimes make us cry, too.