we're on top of the world

you are altogether beautiful.

 

rating: G

genre: fluff, romance

word count: approx. 600+

 


 

 

Jongin doesn’t think he’s ever been happier than he had been on that night. Surrounded by friends, family, and the sound of laughter mixed with the sporadic clinking of champagne glasses. Everyone was gathered underneath a great white tent decorated with warm golden lights strung across space above them. The weather was only mildly humid, but the breeze that swept inside and through the tent did well to alleviate it.

 

Though he never admitted it when he was younger (since it would have been too embarrassing to make such a revelation), Jongin could always appreciate a good wedding. The idea of two people in love promising to stay committed to each other forever always appealed to him. And by the time he was fifteen, he couldn’t wait to find that one girl he wanted to spend forever with, to devote himself to her and no one else.

 

Soojung, however, held very different sentiments. Marriage, much less love, had no place in her top-five list of priorities—which mostly consisted of practical life goals instead of the wishy-washy kind of dreams Jongin liked to dabble in. Jokingly, Jongin would often describe her as “cold-hearted” and “noncommittal,” but after a few years of wishy-washy brainwashing, he managed to sway her opinion into his favor.

 

“So,” Jongin said, reaching his hand over Soojung’s head and twirling her once before swinging her back towards him again. “Aren’t you glad you married me?” He had long since abandoned his stuffy suit jacket and pulled his matching silk tie slack, a couple of the buttons at the top of his dress-shirt pulled open.

 

“More or less,” Soojung answered with a smile. Dressed in a simple yet elegant ivory wedding gown, she looked as radiant as ever. The smooth lines of her shoulders and collar bone needed no accenting as strands of her dark brown hair curled out of the meticulous braid her sister had spent over half an hour pinning to the back of her head.

 

Both Jongin and Soojung actually looked a little disheveled, having spent the past hour dancing to every song—upon Jongin’s childish (yet adorable) wish—and greeting and thanking all of their friends and family who came to witness the Beginning. Their Beginning filled with hope and love and places unexplored. Speaking of the unexplored—

 

“How soon do you think we’ll be able to have kids?” Jongin asked.

 

Soojung widened her eyes, then shook her head vehemently. “Not anytime soon. We can just buy a dog,” she suggested. “You like dogs.”

 

“Yeah, but I also like kids,” Jongin laughed. He then frowned, shooting her a suspicious look. “Don’t you like kids?”

 

“Not really,” Soojung admitted.

 

“Why not?”

 

“I don’t know.” She shrugged. “I understand how they’re cute and all, but kids are loud, messy, and hopelessly naive.”

 

“Kind of like me?” The corner of Jongin’s mouth twitched as he continued spinning himself and Soojung around the perimeter of the dance floor.

 

“Nope.” Soojung looked at him straight in the eyes as she continued. “Exactly like you. And I don’t think I’m ready to take care of another needy individual.”

 

“I’m not needy,” Jongin protested. “I just require a little attention, is all.”

 

“Call it what you will. You’re still fooling no one,” Soojung teased. She closed her eyes as Jongin tucked her underneath his chin and against his chest, wrapping his arms tightly around her as the sound of people talking over the music began to slowly fade away.

 

“I love you so damn much, Jung Soojung,” Jongin murmured into her hair.

 

Looking up, Soojung smiled at him and said, “I love you, too, Kim Jongin.”

 

And the two continued dancing, happy to finally begin their forever.

 

 


 

author's note: Happy Friday, everyone! This drabble was inspired by "Be My Forever," sung by Christina Perri and Ed Sheeran - which is probably the cutest song I have ever heard, and all throughout it I just kept envisioning a wedding because it just seems like that kind of song xD I love Christina Perri's music, and I think her new album Human is absolutely fantastic. So you should all definitely check her music out if you haven't!

And even though it's kinda out of the blue, can I just say thank-you to each and every one of you? Whether or not you comment, the fact that you've subscribed is a pretty big deal. And to those who do comment, you all are just the sweetest people because believe it or not, it's hard to incite feedback without asking for it, yet you tell me what you think anyways. And I really, really appreciate that 

I hope you all enjoyed this fluffy happy drabble, and I wish you all a fluffy happy weekend! (If that makes sense.) See you again next Friday. - Ella