The accident

Friendship

Taemin Pov

I remember it as clear as crystal.
Mum's hand protecting me and dad's protecting us.
The glass that go through my dad's chest.
The blood on mum's face dripping on me..

As they smiled and looked at me, they whispered, " Live on Taemin, We love you so much "
" We will always protect you. "
" Mum ? Dad ? "
Then I went black out.

The next thing I saw was white ceiling, I guess I'm safe in the hospital.
But where are my parents? 
" Mum! Dad! " I screamed with all my might..
Then the door flew open and came in 4 person in white.
An older man asked me some random questions about my name and told me to move my body parts.
I did as I had been instructed. I noticed that I had a few cuts here and there but nothing serious. As the examination is done, I asked, " Where are my parents? " 
The doctor paused for a while and told me to wait.
As he walked out of the door, I had a bad feeling about this as all the nurses here were all concerned about me.
Then Mr.Lu and Mr.Kim came in.
Mr Lu is my personal butler but more to a step-father figure while Mr.Kim is my dad's lawyer.
" Mr.Lu, Mr Kim, where are mummy and daddy? " I asked nervously
Then Mr.Kim replied calmly, " Taeminnie, Your parents went to a very long vacation at a place called heaven, but the thing is, if they go to this vacation, they won't be able to come back... " 
For me, I have an ability called photographic memory, I remember everything I saw without forgetting anything, and yes, I know this placed; heaven.
I steadied myself and asked them if I could have some time to myself. 
I stood up and ran out with all my might, ignoring every scream or pain I have.
I can't cry in front of them..because I've promised my dad, that I will always stay strong and never ever show my weakness to anyone.
I just want to be alone.
I went to the nearby park and sit on the swing, It was quite late so there's not much people here.
Why did I insist on going to Disneyland? Why do I have to disturb my dad while he's driving? It's all because of me that he can't see when the traffic light turns red... It's all because of me. I scolded myself and sobbed.


 

Kai Pov

" Phew! What a tiring day! " I said as I laid on one of the many benches around the park.
So how much did I earn today? If it's less than 50 dollars I'm going to get beaten up again..
Tsk!
My train of thoughts were startled by someone's sob.
I turned around and saw someone of about my age sitting on the swing, sobbing silently.
I walked up to him, worriedly and asked the pretty boy " Erm, what happened? Why are you crying? "
What took me by surprise is that he wiped away his tears and looked at me in the eyes. Then he ran away.
I can't believe it, I saw so many sorrows in his eyes. Yet when I asked if he's okay, he practically stopped crying. Is he an actor? 
I quickly shrug off my thoughts and ran to him. Hey, no way I can ever let someone with that much sadness to be alone. Who knows what they would do?
I grabbed his arms, and turned him around. I looked into his eyes and said  "Don't let everything be locked inside of you. You're only going to suffer more next time. So, just let it out, I'm here to listen. "
As soon as I said that, he spilled everything out.
The things he had been through, between sobs he was telling me, about him being the cause of his parents death, blaming himself for his parents death, saying that it should've been him that died and not them. He was in a state worst than a demon. I wanted to comfort him... until he said that he wanted to kill himself, saying that he doesn't deserve to live!
That's it ! Even though it's hard but it's never ever ever a solution to kill yourself.
I then punched him, hard and solid in the face.

He landed on the ground with shock as his hands cupping his cheek where I had punched.
He then stood up. I was ready with what he's going to do to me but wait, why isn't he moving? 
Then he spoke with acid in his tone " Why did you do that? "
Wow! I can't believe it! This guy surprised me more and more! How can he still be standing there speaking with me and not punching me? Such a cool-headed guy!
" Because, there are more people out there, their lives' and situation  are much more worst than yours! I know it hurts to lose someone dear to you but how could you be so selfish that you said you want to die?! " I was burning with rage every second of it.
Then he stood there, quietly, with his head down and he cried again.
This time, with more emotional. 

After finally cooling down, I came up with an idea .
As it was Christmas, I brought him to a nearby festival .
We exchange our name and I found out that his name is Taemin.
After paying the tickets to go in, I brought him to the most thrilling rides for him to scream as much as he wants.
After playing for a while, he finally smile. 
We went on to the haunted house, the games booth and we won a lot of prizes.
Then both of  us were greeted with a big, beautiful , magnificent Christmas tree.
Taemin stared at the Christmas tree and I saw teardrops escaping his eyes and down his cheek.
He told me that he thought about his parents decorating the trees with him as if it happened just yesterday.
Then he smiled. I wonder, how could he be so strong? 
" I should be going. Thanks for everything, Kai.. " He suddenly spoke
" Oh okay, but don't ever forget appreciate what you have now so you won't regret it in the future. "
" Ya I know, Thank you! Bye! "
" Bye Taemin! "