Jealousy Looks Bad on Jaejoong

Andi's Oneshot and Drabble Collection

"...and then she goes and grabs the guy, right? And says, 'Well, if I had a like yours, I would use it for the forces of good!' And then she--"

"Mmm."

"You sound mad."

"Mmm."

"Are you mad?"

"Yes."

"Are you mad at me?"

"When am I not mad at you?"

"...so will you make me something?"

"...whatever."

That was half an hour ago.

I'm still mad.

It's the same, every time.


He knows that I cook when I'm upset. He's known that for years. Everyone knows it. Make Jaejoong mad enough, and soon the entire apartment will smell like herbs and sauce and whatever meat we have in the fridge. I can't help it. It's how I vent my anger. Keeping it bottled inside never works. Then I take it out on belongings. Yoochun still hasn't forgiven me for whatever stupid trinket I broke the last time.

Changmin leans against the counter, twirling a cell phone charm around his finger.

It's the one she gave him.

Suddenly all I want to do is dump this entire pot of marinara sauce over his head and be done with it. Clenching my teeth together, I grumble, "Can you leave me alone? I'll make you your damn food if you will just go the away for a second."

"Hmm. Nah." His smile is much too innocent. "I like hanging out in here. Good atmosphere," he adds, which is total bull and he knows it, but whatever drives me crazy, I suppose...

Knowing that I can't actually dump the pot over his head, I chose to send him a deadly glare and raise my wooden spoon threateningly. "You have five seconds to vacate the immediate area before I shove this in your ear." His smile falls, and he tenses. I've made good on some of my threats. "Five--"

He dashes out of the kitchen, cackling.


He hangs out with Victoria, and I get jealous. We run into Victoria on the street, and I get jealous. He simply mentions Victoria, and I get jealous. He brings home her food, and World War III breaks out in the living room, with the other members scurrying for cover.

Kim Jaejoong is a jealous man, and when Kim Jaejoong gets angry, he cooks. When Kim Jaejoong gets angry and cooks, Shim Changmin takes advantage of his mood and lays out a menu.

It's the same thing, every time.

But I've had enough. Every freaking time he mentions her, I just want to take him by the shoulders and shake him and yell, "QUIT YOUR AND STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR WONDERFUL BEST FRIEND FOR FIVE FREAKING SECONDS OF YOUR LIFE."

I've refused him before. He then proceeded to list all the amazing qualities about his beautiful best friend, and that's when I discovered that if you're angry enough, you really can shove your foot up between someone's cheeks and make it hurt. He complimented her s and her and her legs and how great she looked in high heels, and wow did I have great aim with my foot!

"HEY, JAE!" I hear Changmin call from the living room. "What if I were to just leave you and go marry Victoria? I mean, she is pretty and she cooks just as good as you do and--"

"If you love her so goddamn much, then go." My voice is barely at a normal volume, yet it rings through the kitchen as if I had yelled. In the next room, Changmin is silent. "I'll pack this up and send it off with you. If you have so much fun with her, then she obviously must be better than me. I mean, she has s and everything, right?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I see him slowly walk into the kitchen. "Well? You gonna go run off to Vicky? Hmm?"

"Don't be an ."

"You make it awfully hard."

One of his arms wraps around my waist, and despite my foul mood, I allow myself to be pulled to his chest, still mumbling about what he and Victoria could do to themselves. "You know I tease you and never mean it," he mutters, voice unnaturally soft. No. Stay angry, Jaejoong. You're more pissed than you've ever been in your life. Do not give in. "You know that I would rather be with you. She's my best friend but you...I mean, I love you, Jae."

...okay, that's a first, him being so forward...

"I wouldn't leave you for the world, okay? I push and push, but I would rather spend my time with you, any day. Hey." He spins me around and pinches my cheek, smirking. "Come on...come on, say it..."

"No." Defiant as ever to the end, that's me.

"Say it...!"

"Make me."

"Say it or I'll never eat your cooking again~"

"You're a big stupid , but you're my big stupid ," I grumble out, rolling my eyes. "Now get out of my sight." But when he leans in to kiss me, I forget that I was mad at him.

It's the same thing, every time.