Play with Me?

Andi's Oneshot and Drabble Collection

“Yunnie.”

“Mmm?”

“Let’s play a game.”

Yunho glanced up from the iPad in his lap, eyebrow raised. “I’d certainly agree to a game if it was one I knew how to play. Lately though, Boo…you seem to pick games no one really understands, let alone plays.”

Jaejoong pouted and slumped back into the couch. “You’re such a buzzkill!”

“If by buzzkill, you mean not prone to dangerous activities you coerce me into, then yes, I am indeed a buzzkill.”

Huffing, Jaejoong rose to his feet. “Fine. Be like that. I can just go ask Yoochun.” With a wiggle of his hips—something only women usually do when leaving an argument without having resolved anything—he tossed a small pillow at Yunho’s face (hitting his target with a fwump) and stalked off to find his other friend.


“Yoochun, Yoochun~” Jaejoong trilled as he jumped onto his friend’s bed, grinning like a Cheshire cat. “I’m bored! We should play a game!”

Barely even acknowledging him, Yoochun grunted and continued buttoning up his shirt. Jaejoong stared more closely at him—his hair was a lot neater than usual; he wore non-wrinkled clothing and he smelled like…

“Is that Giorgio Armani’s new scent, Chunnie?”

Yoochun winked at him via his large oval mirror. “If you took your eyes off Yunho’s crotch for all of five seconds, you may have picked up some bits of info on me and my love life.”

“…so you have a date?” Another pout.

“Yep.” He carefully brushed a wayward strand of hair from his face and leaned closer to the mirror, inspecting his reflection closely. “So no games tonight.”

“DAMN IT!”

“Get over it, I’ll play a game with you tomorrow or something.”

A long, exasperated sigh issued from Jaejoong. “Fine. I’ll go ask Junsu.”


Sweat covered Junsu’s face as he went through the entire, maximum-energy-required dance routine for the new single. He was the only one that practiced when it wasn’t necessary. Jaejoong watched him in awe; the way Junsu’s body moved so effortlessly, so fluidly—it always gave him the green monster known as jealousy. “Hey, Su!”

“Yeah, hyung?” Huff, huff.

“Once you’re done, do you wanna—?”

“Hold on, hold on, hold on, here’s the hooks!” Junsu lurched forward, the hardest look of concentration on his face. He bit down on his bottom lip as he twirled around, doing a perfect 360-degree spin. “Step, step, slide, step…”

Jaejoong didn’t even bother trying to get his attention again. He grumbled the entire way out of the room.


“Changmin~!”

“No.”

“ARGH!!!”


Finally flinging himself onto his own bed, Jaejoong let out a string of swear words—some in his native language and others in languages he’d picked up here and there. “Why does no one want to play a game with me?! It’s not even a dangerous one!” He glanced at the Scattegories box laying on his desk. “Is it because they all think I’ll beat them? Ugh…”

Someone knocked on his door.

“GO AWAY! I JUST WANTED TO PLAY ONE ING GAME AND NOW I’M IN A FOUL MOOD BECAUSE OF YOU LOT AND JUST AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

The door opened slightly regardless. Yunho poked his head in. “Boo, come out for a bit. I’m getting everyone together to have a talk.” He nodded once before shutting the door.

Determined to take this opportunity to yell at them all at once—why waste energy on those who didn’t grant him his wishes?—he stormed out of the bedroom and into the living room, where they were all gathered. “OKAY, SO HERE’S THE !” he began to yell, but trailed off at the sight in front of him.

Junsu was already dealing out the fake, colorful money as Changmin meticulously organized all the properties and utilities by color and by chronological order respectively. Yunho rolled a small, metal dog between his fingers. “Wanna play Monopoly with us?” he asked a little too innocently.

If he had not been seething in anger, Jaejoong would have cuddled Yunho for the silly tone he took. “Yeah, sure,” was what came out instead.

“I’M BANKER!” Junsu declared proudly.

“Good, you’re probably the one least likely to rob the bank—in the game and real life,” Changmin joked, dodging Junsu’s arm. Yoochun shook his head as he carefully slipped his own line of money beneath the board.

Yunho dropped the pair of dice in Jaejoong’s palm. “You roll first, Boo.”