Sugary Sweet Celebration - YunYoon

Andi's Oneshot and Drabble Collection

She would plan something super-cute and romantic for tonight, Yunho thought with a smile as Yoona scooped another spoonful of pasta onto her plate. She sat across from him at the tiny dinner table, wearing the prettiest dress he had ever seen on anyone, and on her—to say it did thing to him was an understatement.

A silky swirly creation of cream and baby blue that hugged her upper body and flowed down her hips, the hem just barely brushed her knees. She had even done her toenails in a matching blue color, and a tinkling bell anklet finished off her look. Simple and perfect. He envied how easily that came to her.

With that said, he still couldn’t wait to it and make love to her on their bed. Even with the dress having as modest of a length as it did, Yunho kept imagining a scenario where he sat beside her, that tantalizingly smooth thigh before dipping his hand beneath the hem and teasing her further.

It really was a cute dress. Absolutely. But he was a man. He couldn’t help that.

Then again, if she wore anything tighter or shorter more often, he would never be able to leave the bedroom, much less the apartment.

“Still too hot?” she asked in her soft voice, eyeing his plate and frowning.

“Perfect, actually.” He stabbed his fork into the pile of corkscrew pasta and popped it into his mouth, chewing slowly. He followed it up with a forkful of crab, pausing to savor the flavor. “Good lord. This is honestly the best freaking thing ever.”

Her smile was worth it. It light up her entire face, and she let out a long, relieved breath. “I’m glad! I looked up the recipe online and put some creative additions in at the last minute. I wonder if the website has others I can try…” She twirled a long strand of hair around one finger and bit down on her bottom lip, thinking. “I should try to look up others, then.”

“So freaking good.” Yoona glanced up at him through her long lashes, surprised at the throatiness in his voice. Embarrassed, he cleared his throat and offered a smile. “Thank you, lovely. This was very sweet of you. I would have probably just screwed up and taken us out to eat.” He reached across the table and took her hand, rubbing his thumb over her skin. “You’re such a good cook. It’s a good thing you’re my girlfriend then, huh?” he teased as an afterthought.

“Ah, that is…” Her blush deepened and she looked away, giggling. “It was nothing, really! It’s our special day and I wanted to do something really unique. Anyone can take their other half out to dinner. I wanted to create something just for you.”

He grinned. “So…you want to open your present now?”

“Yes, yes, please!” Her eyes widened and her face dimpled. No matter how much they both matured, Yunho knew Yoona had a soft spot for tearing wrapping paper off things. Such an innocent, childlike behavior was somehow very endearing to him. She quickly dabbed at her spotless face and cleared off the table. He helped some before cleaning the counters and putting the leftover food away.

As he cleaned, she waited for him on the couch, unable to sit still and quietly. “I really hope you like mine!” she exclaimed when he sat down beside her, a rather large box in his hands. She her own present at him and wriggled in her seat when he handed his over.

They both grinned at each other deviously. “Three, two…” The number one hadn’t been uttered and Yoona already clawed at her wrapping paper, oblivious to how delicately Yunho had wrapped it in ribbon and bows. “Oh, my…” With shaking fingers, she delicately lifted one of the gorgeous Pandora-inspired link necklaces out of the tissue paper, the crystals and gems between the links sparkling even in the low light. Nine others lay waiting for her to examine them. Though they were all the same style, each sported a different range of color. “Yunho-yah…”

“See?” He scooted closer to her and pointed at the links. “730 links in total, 73 on each one.” He brushed a tear from the corner of one of her eyes and kissed her cheek. “One link for every day we’ve been together.”

“Oh…”

“Even I can’t afford to do it for every day that I’ve loved you,” he whispered softly. “That would have been somewhere in the thousands, I think.”

“Yah…now my gift seems so…” She let out a hiccupping laugh, wiping at her eyes. “It seems so…”

“So what?” he asked in amusement as he lifted the top off the flat box she’d handed him, his hands pushing away all the tissue paper that crinkled inside.

She pouted and pressed her face into his side. “So trivial and meaningless!”

Two tickets lay folded at the bottom of the box. His named jumped out at him; frowning, he picked it up and studied it closer to the lamp. “Ah!” Elation spread through him as he read the destinations and dates of travel, and he squeezed her hip affectionately. “This is wonderful! I would absolutely love a Greek vacation with you! Just think, a place overlooking the water…we could try looking for someone to take us out on a boat…we can go swimming in the Aegean…”

“It doesn’t compare to what you got me, though!” she muttered, pouting deeper.

“Hey.” He tipped her chin up and barely brushed his lips against hers. Surprised, she opened and let him deepen the kiss, shutting her eyes and letting all of her love for him wash over her. He pulled away, just enough to look into her eyes, and smiled. “When have I ever been on a true vacation with you?”

“…never?”

“Exactly. Here I am, trying to buy your affection with pretty, shiny things. You thought about us just being together and spending time together, and you got me something to represent that want.”

“But the way you gave it to me!” she interrupted, slapping him lightly on the chest. “The things you said…how can I compete with that?”

“There’s no competition.” He nipped at her ear, and she giggled, burying her face into his neck. “Now stop that and come back up here. I wasn’t done kissing you.”