Three

Pink Parallel Notes

To Kim Jongin:

 

It’s been raining for two days now. Sometimes I hate the sound of rain. It’s like a relentless percussion of water that seems to stand out, even if it’s standing in the background. Anyways, the gloominess is hanging over us today...like a gray heavy cloud. I’m probably going to hide away under the blankets and read a good book. AND JONGIN! PLEASE DON’T FORGET YOUR UMBRELLA!!

 

Just a friendly reminder and Happy Friday,

Do Kyungsoo


 

Kim Jongin grins stupidly.

 

“And it’s not like I’ll forget my umbrella, geez,” he laughs.


 

He finds himself wondering what Kyungsoo’s voice would sound like.

 

Was it as quiet and melodious as Jongin imagined in his mind? Was it as beautiful as the notes he always wrote him? Was it as pure as the Kyungsoo Jongin pictured him as?

 

Kim Jongin really wanted to know.

 

So badly.

 

He sighs.

 

Once again, he opens the drawer and adds the pink post-it to the top of the stack.

 

He didn’t understand why he was so obsessed with it now, but it had somehow mended itself into his life.

 

“Kyungsoo, don’t forget your umbrella too,” he whispers softly.

 

He hums absentmindedly as he dresses into a suit and tie.

 

Jongin grabs his black bag and steps out of the apartment and out the building.


 

Twenty seconds later,

 

Kim Jongin sprints back in, cursing profanities, and holding his hands over his drenched hair.

 

“KYUNGSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!”









 

Dear Kyunggie:

 

I hate the rain too and I’m feeling kind of depressed today, so this note won’t be long.

 

Thanks for the reminder by the way.

 

Sweet dreams,
Kim Jongin


 

Kyungsoo frowns.

 

He wishes that he could cheer him up.


 

Well, maybe he could...


 

Do Kyungsoo scrambles back up the stairs on the fire escape.

 

He grabs a huge roll of paper and after cutting it to the same dimensions as Jongin’s window, he takes out his colored pencils and begins sketching his masterpiece.


 

When it’s done, Do Kyungsoo stares at it, and he isn’t sure if he’s a genius or a complete nutcase.

 

It was 3AM in the morning, and the cloudy skies hadn’t cleared yet.

 

Kyungsoo holds the large sheet of paper, bigger than him, above his head and begins the difficult journey down the stairs to Jongin’s level.

 

He pulls the tape out of back pocket and tapes the huge picture right on Jongin’s window.

 

Do Kyungsoo turns to leave; he’s completely drained and sleepy.

 

“Jongin, I really hope you like it.”

 

A mixed feeling of excitement and nervousness swirls around in his stomach like a huge pot of soup.

 

Kyungsoo yawns.

 

Slowly, step after step, he makes it back on to the 7th floor.







 

Kim Jongin wakes to a Saturday of rain and clouds.  

 

He throws his legs over the edge of the bed and tucks them into his fluffy bunny slippers.

 

Shuffling over to the window, Jongin yanks the shades up.


 

Then there is a gasp of utter surprise.

 

A huge picture greets his morning eyes.


 

Dear Jongin:

 

...I’m really scared that you won’t like it.

BUT CHEER UP JONGIN!! There will always be a sun shining down on you, even if the clouds want to hide it.

 

From,

Kyunggie


 

Jongin is floored.

 

He stares in awe at the picture Kyungsoo drew, even if it was simple and nothing special really. It even looked childish, to be honest.

 

Kyungsoo had drawn a large yellow sun in front of a creamy blue sky.

 

Then below, there were two stick figures, which he labeled as Kim Jongin and Do Kyungsoo.

 

Jongin has never had anyone do this for him before.

 

He stands there, with his palm pressed against the cold window, and he stands there for a very long time.

 

There were truly no words to describe how he felt.




 

A few moments later, the screen of his phone lights up and there’s a beep.

 

A text message pops up.

 

From: Jihyun


Let’s go on a date today, oppa! <3


SORRY. T_T
it has been like two weeks, omg.

i know this is a short update... so I'm extremely extremely sorry (and it's probably boring too. Shoot me. x_x)

but anyways, the "two" in the title is actually two out of three.

so i'm planning one more of these chapters, then finally the story will progress.

-bows in apology-