Epilogue

Pink Parallel Notes

"This is just unacceptable, Yixing! What were you thinking?!"

"...What are you talking about?"

"How the did you end this book with 'they lived happily ever after?"

"Oh come on, I thought it was pretty good! I liked the allusion to a fairy tale. You understand what I'm saying?"

"I know you're still a relatively new writer, but this is absolutely not going to cut it! This is way too cliché!"

"Fine, gosh. Then what do you suggest Xiumin? You're the editor anyways."

"Oh I don't know. What happened to them anyways? I'm curious. You literally ended this book with them being on the fire escape."

"Well the rest is basically... History. I was a scientist at the time (I was a photographer before, and a business owner before that.), and so I was taking samples of the bird poop on my fire escape, after I realized I had a fire escape, of course, and I basically caught the whole entire story while I was separating the uric acid and the undigested food in bird feces... It was weird."

"No one gives two s about your scientist profession, Yixing. I want to know more about this Jongin and Kyungsoo. Did they get married? Did they have ? Did they have children? I want something to work with here, okay?"

"Uh... Well I did hear some unexplainable noises the other day... But I don't know. As for marriage, I was actually invited to it. I had no idea. Seriously. I found the invitation in my mailbox two days after the event, along with mail from seven months ago."

"Like I said, no one gives two s, okay?"

"They can give one... But anyways. No wonder why Kyungsoo was giving me this death glare in the elevator. But I did catch Jongin's proposal, if you want to hear."

"Yes! Dear god, yes!"

"Well I was on the escape again, picking paint chips off the bars, so I could do some chemistry and figure out whether it was water-based or acrylic or oil-based or whatever and I saw Jongin crouched on the fire escape floor above--"

"Leaning forward on Kyungsoo for a steamy passionate kiss?"

"No..."

"Sorry, I didn't know I voiced my thoughts there…"

"Anyways, he was writing something on a pad of pink post-its and ripping them off to place on the escape floor, leaving this trail of post-its to the middle."

"A trail for Kyungsoo?"

"No doubt. And on the last post-it, he placed a thin silver ring with a heavy diamond on it--"

"HOW MANY KARATS, YIXING?"

"How am I supposed to know?"

"Was it a peanut size or a walnut size or a chestnut size? That's all I want to know."

"...maybe like a sunflower seed."

"So he went for a classic engagement ring didn't he, like Luhan got me... But he's got the money to give it glamour!"

"Whatever. Uncle Luhan just hates chunky jewels. Besides, stop trying to live your stagnant love life through my novel."

"Shut up."

"Back to the point, I was just watching him silently, preparing my paint chips. Then he winked at me, and I freaked out because what the hell, he knew I was stalking them! No. Sorry. I meant watching. So I left, but I guess Kyungsoo accepted."

"They didn't move out after they got married? How's Jongin's financial position?"

"Well he was taking college alongside management of a portion of the company. But surprisingly, it turned out well. He's going to get his Bach's degree next year, and his dad has left him the company. It's incredible, I don't know how he's managing it. That must be so stressful, but Kyungsoo probably has more than a hand in helping him along. In fact, I think Kyungsoo might be the one guiding the company on autopilot while Jongin is busy sometimes."

"That's adorable. What about daddy?"

"Jongin's dad um... I believe that he lives in his vacation house in Hawaii now... He basically didn’t give a crap after Jongin took over the company and raised their revenue by a few hundreds of thousands. And Jongin and Kyungsoo are going to move out this Saturday I think. Kyungsoo wanted to spend a bit more time with the memories by the apartment. But hey, Jongin bought the whole building already so why does it matter. Oh, I just remembered! I brought a wedding photo because they included one in the invitation."

"Oh my gosh!!!!"

"No need to jump over me in excitement, geez..."

"This is going in the epilogue, Yixing."

"Okay..."

"But come on, what about the others... Like Kyungsoo's friends and stuff."

"They were maids of honor! I was actually chatting up Chanyeol in the elevator yesterday because he was visiting Kyungsoo and I noticed he was new. That's how I found out. He's a very um easygoing, fun guy. Kyungsoo’s apparently still working at the restaurant. And they still go out for movies. Jongin was kind of pissed about him being around so much, Chanyeol said. So Jongin introduced Chanyeol to Baekhyun."

"Interesting. Snoop around and you'll find a great starting point for book two. We'll turn this novel into a series or something."

"I don't know... I'm planning to go into fashion next year. As for the restaurant manager, Chanyeol told me, his grandson in America just finished his studies and landed a job back in Korea so the old man’s going to retire in a few months. Chanyeol has a certain suspicion that he'll be promoted to manager soon, though I can't verify how true that is…"

"Oh, cool. What about our lovely Jihyun?"

"Who even remembers her anymore? I don't know. But I think I saw a girl that seemed to fit her description passed by once and stared up from the sidewalk. She seemed sad, which is quite unfortunate. She did some bad things, sure, but things really didn't turn out well for her in the first place so I guess I'll wish her luck."

"Nah, she deserved it completely."

"It's up to opinion."

"Is that everyone? Well there weren't that many characters actually. Here, I took some notes on everything you said, you might want to look at a few of them that I tweaked a bit for the readers."

"... Jongin and Kyungsoo did not have on the fire escape! That is disturbing to think of!"

"Don't worry, if you don't know how to write that in detail, I have a few tips on the last page of the notes."

"… Are these experiences from Luhan? ... You guys were as hell."

"Shut up. They were my fantasies, if you want to know that badly."

"This is really sad, you know, Xiumin."

"Alright, whatever. So, this will be the end of our meeting. Please do go home and make those edits. I'll see you again on Tuesday. Try to take a look at everything I wrote and maybe do a little more foraging on the proposal and their ual tastes!"

"Okay, if you think everyone will like that. Until Tuesday, then."


WELL LOOK WHERE WE ARE! IT'S THE EPILOGUE IT'S THE ENDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD . that felt weird. it's still kind of surreal, to be honest. finishing this fic. i don't exactly think it has settled in yet. 

how many of you are still reading this anyways? Forget that, lols.

I would like to thank everyone of you guys, subscribed, commented, or silent. it doesn't matter, lols. you guys were such a huge support, and I seriously would've abandoned this fic if there was no one reading.

moving on from this, I have good news and bad news. why don't we start with good news? I feel like it should come first at the moment.

1. I AM EDITTING THIS FIC COMPLETELYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FROM THE BEGINNING. COMPLETELY. i have already rewritten Chapter One, and it's way better. way. better. guys. There are changes, but nothing major. I seriously cringed when I went back and reread my from a year ago. So that's good! I like how it's going so far. Especially because everything's out already and our first term in school ended (my teachers switched and now I no longer have this one teacher who literally loads me with three assignments every weekend), so I CAN UPDATE WAYYYYY FASTER. AND THAT'S A HUGE IMPROVEMENT.

2. I AM PUTTING THE NEWLY EDITTED FIC ON LIVEJOURNAL. so i decided that i kind of want to move out into greater territory with my newly editted fic. it will be released chapter after chapter, as if it was a completely new fic. You guys can go check it out right here, es. sorry. anyways, that'll be there. i don't know what's going to happen, but :) it'll be there.

3. (I have also put this editted fic on fanfiction.net, which I was absolutely against in the beginning. but because I am actually working on a fic over there with my friend, we are working on percy jackson anyways [if you're curious], my friend wanted me to post it there too. Again, i didn't want to, but she insisted because she wanted "time" while we worked on pj, so it doesn't seem like we're on hiatus or something. LOL, don't mind my friend, she's an absolutely stunning writer though questionable in real life. just kidding. BUT YOU CAN CHECK OUT ALL THAT STUFF right here)

4. IN THE MEANTIME, because i have loads of free time next week for mid-winter break, I'LL BE DOING ONESHOTS. HOW'S THAT? I am a huge fan of taohun (please tell me i'm not alone here), and so I'll definitely be tackling that soon. if you're interested, you should probably expect something Monday next week (not the upcoming one). It's probably even MOREEEEEEEEE likely because i'll be visiting family in Pennsylvania for Lunar New Year, and what does one do when they're stuck in a car for two to three hours? That's right, write fanfiction. So please check that out! Taohun fans, please please please do.

Well now we come to bad news.

1. I was very conflicted over how I wanted to reupload the editted version on aff (you guys should give me tips if you have an idea.) I kind of dislike just going back and fixing every chapter after writing the revised version because wouldn't it seem weird if you're reading and it's pretty good, and the next thing you know, after you innocently clicked 'next', you're staring at a page of word . i don't know. i was personally thinking that maybe i'll change chapter one for you guys, and then after that, hide the story somehow and finish editting before posting it all at once. how's that? or should i just edit and repost and edit and repost. tell me what you think. please. or hmm, maybe i'll just start a "new fic" post the editted chapters like they're from a "new fic" and delete this one afterwards. I'll link you guys to it, and this one will be going down after two weeks or so. what do you guys think?

2. BECAUSE OF THIS EDITTING STUFF, MY NEW FANFICTION WILL BE POSTPONED. that's a huge disappointment for me actually, because I legit got this great idea. i don't think i'll be able to handle multiple fics at once, and i don't want to risk it because i'm a very fickle person who randomly goes on hiatuses without warning. that's me. i'm sorry guys. anyways, because i did mention i'll post it in the last chapter, i'll give you guys a one sentence synopsis. Basically, exo has a blog in which they post advice according to their life situations (something like "Remember kids, blahblahblahblah" and cue an entire walkthrough of what exactly happened), so it'll be like drabbles or something. I had some good ideas for what exactly to post, but /sigh/ it'll be delayed. I think maybe i'll start on that if i still think it's a great idea in the later half of this year. I don't know. Don't expect too much.

Enough of this!

Good news, bad news, bahhhhh

I'm so happy you guys have reached the end with me. In retrospect, I really feel like i've truly grown through this story, and it has led me places I thought i'd never reach. Should i reveal a little secret? Well, fine. Gosh. I'm currently working on publishing a NOVEL (oh my ing god guys) with a group of friends in a club at school. don't worry, my ty writing gets editted by our leader, who's a senior, and thankfully, you won't get slapped by my ever. It's still in progress though, and many things are vague. I'm not spilling any details or I'll find myself decapitated one day. So publication and all that isn't finalized, but I have complete faith in our leader, who is literally a tank, driving us forward. So no doubt, that won't be going into hiatus or anything.

But once again, CONGRADULATIONS FOR REACHING HERE.

I have to say, it's been a great year.