Thinking

We're Just Lovestruck

Jieun woke up the following morning and groaned, realizing she was still sleeping outside. She looked at her body and noticed Yongguk's flannel was around her. She looked to her left and saw Yongguk sleeping soundly beisde her, crouching up. His face facing her, looking as calm as ever before.

She looked around and sat up, still tired.

"Bang Yongguk." She called his name. He didn't budge. She looked at him sleeping and smiled. "Why can't you look this calm when you're awake?" She mumbled to herself. She placed his flannel around his body and sighed, bending her knees up and wrapping her arms around it.

As creepy as it sounded, she was watching him sleeping. Their talk yesterday got her thinking about how he really was.

 

 

"Well, what do I get in return?" He asked her. "Mmm, what do you want to get?" She questioned. He looked at her and thought for a while.

"Make sure you get home safely every night." He told her. She looked at him and chuckled. "What kind of 'return' is that?" She asked.

"Well, the two times I've met you, you're always in trouble. Once at two in the morning at that street. And second was earlier with that guy." He said. She smiled and looked at him.

"Bang Yongguk. Wanting to protect me." She said with a smirk.

 

 

Suddenly, Yongguk groaned and slowly opened his eyes. Jieun coughed and looked away. He looked around and rubbed his face, getting up and taking off his flannel.

"You're awake already?" He mumbled. "Yeah," she said with a nervous smile.

"Sorry. I didn't have anywhere else to sleep, so I tried to distance myself as much as possible." He told her sitting up. "It's okay. Sorry I just knocked out. You must have been cold last night." She said standing up. He coughed and got up as well.

"Don't worry about it." He told her. "Are you ready to get going?" He asked. "Yeah, let's go." She said then they walked off.

 

 

As they sat in the bus to head home, Jieun kept wanting to bring up their talk the previous night. About him protecting her and taking her safely home every night. Was it just a one night talk? Or was it for reals?"

She glanced at him and coughed, looking out the window. He chuckled and looked at her.

"What is it? Ask away." He told her. She widened her eyes and chuckled nervously. "Nothing. It's nothing." She said.

"You sure?" He asked. "Yeah," she nodded. "Okay then." He said with raised eyebrows, looking away.

Jieun yawned and placed her head against the window. She kept waking up in the middle of the night because it was cold, so she didn't really get much sleep.

She glanced over at Yongguk who had his head leaned back, his eyes closed and his arms crossed in front of his chest.

He was not the same person. The Yongguk she knew at school, and the Yongguk that came to save her and is NOW sitting beside her: was different.

 

 

When they got back home, it was already 4 in the afternoon. They got off the bus and Jieun waited for Yongguk.

"Thanks for everything. I'll repay you back." She told him before they parted ways. "Just become a good boxer." He told her. She chuckled and walked off slowly with him.

"About yesterday. Did you really mean it?" She asked him. He glanced at her. "Did I not sound serious?" He asked her. She formed a bubble in

"Well, I just didn't know if you were or not." She told him. "I was serious." He replied without hesitation. She glanced at him and smiled a little.

"So, why do you look so hardcore on the outside, but every since yesterday to today, you're so kind and caring?" She asked him. He looked at her and chuckled. "Why? How did you think I was?" He asked. She coughed and looked away, making him laugh.

"Did you think I was a bad person?" He asked her. "No! It wasn't that." She said. "Then what?" He asked. "I just... well, you look like you don't like to interact with people." She told him.

"I don't." He answered. "Oh," she said looking down. He looked at her and chuckled. "I'm not a bad person." He told her. She looked at him and smiled.

"You're just mysterious." She told him. "Are you trying to study me?" He asked her with a smirk. She scoffed and shook his head. "You not very approachable. That's all." She told him.

"Well, I like to keep my circle small. Not a lot of people you can trust nowadays. You know? Or ever." He said. She nodded. "That's true." She replied.

"What about you? Do you like my brother Yongnam?" He asked her. She shot a look at him and scrunched up her brows. "Why do you always ask me that?" She asked him. He shrugged his shoulders.

"It just seems like it." He said. "I don't. I just like making new friends. That's all." She explained to him.

She suddenly stopped walking and faced him.

"Wait a minute... are you jealous?" She asked with a smirk, her arms crossed in front of her chest. He looked at her and scoffed. "No. I just wanted to know because he's really into his studies, so if you DO like him, there are no chances of you two being together."

"Yah, I don't like him." She reminded him. "Good!" He said looking ahead. She scoffed and looked ahead as well.

 

 

When the got to Jieun's house, Yongguk walked her to her doorstep.

"Thanks for walking me home. And for everything." She told him. He smiled and nodded. "If I get sick, you're treating me to soup." He told her. She chuckled and nodded her head. "Yes sir!" She joked.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said then walked off.

"Uh, wait! Bang Yongguk!" She called him back. He stopped his walk and turned around to face her, his brows up.

"What time are you gonna be at school tomorrow. To practice boxing?" She asked him. He thought to himself for a bit and looked at her. "6:30 AM." He told her.

"Okay, I'll see you then. For our first day of practice?" She told him. He in his lips and smiled. "Sure. See you tomorrow morning." He said then walked off. Jieun smile and went inside.

 

She threw herself on her bed and closed her eyes with a smile.

"Song Jieun? Where have you been?"

She widened her eyes and sat up, seeing her mother standing at her door.

"Oh, omma.." she said nervously. "Hana said you should be home around noon. It's already almost 6pm?" Her mother asked. "O-oh, some things came up and her buddies wanted to go hang out some more, so we went to go play at the park." She explained.

"Is that so?" Her mother asked. "Yeah, you can call Hana to ask her." Jieun said. "No. I trust you. Come eat dinner before you sleep." Her mother said then left.

 

 

 

Yongguk got home and closed the front door behind him.

"Yah, where have you been?" Yongnam asked walking towards him. Yongguk looked up and parted his lips. "Oh, I was at Seoul." He explained.

"Seoul? To get your car?" Yongnam asked. "Yup. But it didn't go as planned, so I just slept over there and took the bus home today." He said.

"Oh, I see. Okay." Yongnam said then walked off, but then he suddenly stopped.

"Hey, you know Song Jieun?" Yongnam asked. Yongguk shot a look at him. "Why?" He asked.

"Do you know if she has a boyfriend?" Yongnam asked. Yongguk thought to himself for a bit and his lips. "No. Why?"

"Oh, okay." Yongnam said with a smile, a rather happy smile. "Thanks." He said then walked off.

"Yah," Yongguk said, making Yongnam stop his walk. "Do you like her?" He asked. Yongnam chuckled and scratched his head.

"Is it obvious? I mean, she's pretty cute, isn't she?" He asked. Yongguk scoffed and looked away. "Just focus on your studies. She's too clumsy for you." He said then walked off.

 

 

Yongguk scoffed while he closed the door to his bedroom.

"What? He likes her?" He mumbled to himself. He scoffed again and rolled his eyes, walking towards his bed. "Since when were you interested in girls. Especially Jieun. Why her?" He spoke to himself again.

 

A/N: Oooh, what's going on here?? The twins are liking the same girl?? What should Yongguk do?

I'll update soon! So until then, stay suspensed! ^_^