The Talk

We're Just Lovestruck

After school, Yongguk went into the gym to do his regular boxing routine. He got in and looked around, not seeing anyone, which was usually how it was anyways.

He threw his gym bag on the ground and took off his tank top, revealing his flat stomach and hardened abs. He took out his black tank top and got ready to put it on, but the door suddenly opened.

 

Jieun walked in and widened her eyes when she saw Yongguk's side body revealing itself. She turned around instantly, while he turned his back to her instantly.

"Oh, sorry Yongguk." She said closing her eyes. Yongguk quickly put on his tank top. "Uh, it's okay. Sorry, I didn't know you were gonna come." He said grabbing his gloves.

"You can turn around now." He told her. She slowly turned around and sighed with a guilty smile. "I usually come every morning and after school." She told him.

 

"Well, you're probably better off coming in an hour. I'm probably gonna take a while." He told her. She scoffed and went to sit on the edge of the boxing ring.

"It's okay. I'll just stay here and wait. I mean, if it's okay with you." She said. He looked at her and smiled, nodding at the same time. "As long as you're not bored." He told her. She smiled and shook her head. "I'll be fine." She said.

 

Yongguk put on his gloves, but struggled to tie them fully. Jieun widened her eyes and jumped off her seat, walking over to him.

"Here, it's my job, remember?" She said with a slight chuckle, grabbing his hand and tying the gloves on tightly. "It's fine. Thank you." He said, looking at her.

"Is it too tight?" She asked him, pulling the velcro around his wrist. "No, it's perfect." He told her. She smiled and patted his hand, backing away facing her palms towards her.

"Here, practice time!" She said with a wide smile, getting into position like how Yongguk was last time with her. He chuckled and tilted his head back.

"I don't think you can handle my punches." He told her. "Try me!" She said with confidence. He chuckled again at her cuteness and got into position.

He threw a light punch to her left hand, making her smack her lips at him.

"Yah, is that the best you got?" She asked. He chuckled and his lips. "I don't wanna hurt you." He told her. "I'll be fine. Promise." She said.

 

 

 

After Yongguk was done practicing and Jieun was done cleaning, they sat on the ground with their backs against the boxing ring.

 

"So, what got you into boxing?" She asked him. He glanced at her and in his lips. "Well, I don't know. It just... interested me." He told her looking away. "How so? I mean, all you do is get hurt. And hurt the other person." She told him.

"Yeah, but it's how you handle the pain that gets me. I went through.. a tough life. And I was always pained, but I never knew how to express it. I just kept it inside." He told her, lifting his knees up and placing his arms on top of it, letting his wrists hand down as if they were gonna touch his feet.

"When I first got into boxing. It was really refreshing for me. It took away my hurts and pains." He told her. She placed her elbow on top of her bent knee, and placed her palm on her cheek, looking over at Yongguk.

 

"I guess boxing just distracted me from everything else I had going on in my life." He said then looked over at her. She didn't look away, but just thought to herself, 'How could a person like him, have such a soft side to himself?'.

 

"But, enough about me. What about you?" He asked her. She smiled and looked away, leaning back against the boxing ring.

"Well, there's nothing interesting about my life." She said with a chuckle. He chuckled and got up. "Well then, let's go out to eat. I'm hungry." He said wiping his clean. She looked up at him and smiled, taking his hand that he held out to her.

"Thanks." She said as he tugged her up. He released her hand and smiled, grabbing his gym bag and pulling it behind his shoulder.

 

"Let's go." He said then they both walked out.

 

 

 

They went inside a noodle restaurant and sat down, waiting for the waiters to come their way.

 

"Have you been here before?" He asked her. She looked at him and nodded. "Hana and I came here a could of times." She said. "Yah, that girl never takes me out anywhere." He said. She chuckled and sipped her water they had.

"She's only nice to me. You boys are mean to her." She told him proudly. He chuckled and looked as the waiter walked to them.

 

"Hello, are you two ready to order?" He asked. "Yes, can I get the Spicy Shrimp Ramen please." Yongguk said then looked at Jieun. "Um, can I get a Bimbimbap please?" She said.

"Alright, will that be all?" The waiter asked. Yongguk looked at Jieun who nodded. "Yeah, that's all. Thanks." He said then the waiter left.

 

 

 

After dinner, Yongguk and Jieun walked outside the restaurant.

 

"Thanks for dinner." Jieun said to Yongguk who looked at her. "It's no problem. Sorry I couldn't take you to a better place." He said. "This is perfect." She said with a smile.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked. "Oh, I'll walk you home." He told her. "It's ok. I don't want to bother you. I've been doing that all day it seems." She told him. "No, it's ok. Let me. I mean, I did promise you when we were at Seoul anyways." He told her. She chuckled and walked ahead.

"Let's go then." She said then they both walked off together.

 

 

"So, what brought you back to school?" Jieun asked him. "My mom. She wanted me to do something with my life. So... I'm back." He explained. She sighed and nodded her head. "I can agree. My parents are very strict about my schooling too."

"That's good. You do good in school though. Unlike me." He said. She scoffed and shook her head. "No. It seems like it, but not really." She said fiddling with her fingers.

"That's what the smart people always say." He said. She chuckled and looked at him. "I'm serious. But hey, Hana told me you have a match coming up."

"Yeah, it's next weekend." He told her. "Do the boys always come watch you play?" She asked him. "Yeah, they're my backbones. Without them, I'm nothing." He said. She smiled and placed her hands behind her back, holding them tightly.

 

"Did you... wanna come watch me too?" He asked her. She looked at him and smiled. "I don't know. I might be too loud." She said chuckling. He chuckled as well and looked ahead. "Be my support. The louder the better." He told her.

"You must be pretty busy trying to get ready for it then huh?" She asked him. He shrugged his shoulders. "It's whatever right now. I just go for fun anyways." He said.

"Well, I'll be there then to give you extra support." She told him. He looked at her. "Then I'll win for sure." He said. She chuckled and looked up at the sky.

 

 

When they got to Jieun's house, he walked her to her front doorstep and faced her.

 

"Thanks for walking me home, Yongguk." She told him. He nodded and smiled. "Thanks for basically spending the day with me." He said as they both chuckled a little. "Hopefully we can do this again sometime." She said.

"I hope so too." He told her. "Good night Yongguk." She said opening the door. "Good night," he said walking off.

 

Jieun went to her bedroom and sat on her bed, a wide smile on her face. Spending time with Yongguk has been really nice for her. She really admired every moment with him. Even though they haven't known each other for that long, it feels like they've been friends for forever now.

 

 

Yongguk got home and went inside his bedroom, closing the door behind him and placing his back against it. He smiled and looked down, thinking back to Jieun and his day.

The way she smiles, chuckles, the way she looks at him. His heart felt warm everytime. He... liked it... her presence. Everything. He... He likes her....

 

A/N: Hello everyone! I'm back with another update! I wanted to focus on Bangsong for this update.

The way they feel for each other and what they love to do. So I hope you all enjoyed it!

Please leave me feedback so I'll know what to do to better my writing for you all!

Until next time, I love you all!! <3