My Dorky Neighbor [23]

My Dorky Neighbor

 

"What are you doing here, twerp?" Ji Eun greeted Key excitedly. She quickly hugged him as soon as she saw him standing outside the door. She just came back from her Uncle's house.

"Visiting you, what else?"

Ji Eun raised her eyebrows. "Why you didn't tell me that you're coming? I should had taken you from the airport."

"Surprise! I told you on the phone that I'm going to visit you here."

She grabbed and hugged him again. "God, I missed you, really!"

Key laughed and hugged her back. She took his bag and pulled him inside the house.

"You're enjoying your stay here, huh?" Key commented.

"Hmm. I really wanted to go back to Chicago. But Dad insisted that we'll go back altogether."

Ji Eun stopped talking when she noticed her parents was talking to Wooyoung. They're sitting at the living room. Auntie Eun was there too.

"Key's here," Ji Eun informed everybody.

"Key!" her mom said. Her face showed that she was happy to see him. Her dad too. Key was close to her parents.

Ji Eun's mom introduced Key to the visitors. When she looked at Wooyoung, he was carefully staring at her friend.

"Until when are you planning to stay?" her dad asked to Key.

"I'm not sure, Uncle. Maybe a week or two. I'll visit my relatives too," Key answered.

"Where will you stay?" her mom asked.

"Hotel, Auntie. I stopped by just to see this girl here," Key said and wrapped his arms around Ji eun.

"You can stay here," her dad suggested. "We have a vacant room upstairs."

"Yeah!" Ji Eun agreed. "Save your money for our business," She giggled.

Then her eyes caught Wooyoung's reaction. He's pouting! He didn't like the idea of Key staying at their house.

"If that's what you want," Key said.

"So, he's the friend you've been telling me about, Ji Eun ah~," Auntie Eun told her.

"Yes, Auntie."

"He's a very good-looking man, sweety. Don't tell me you haven't developed your feelings for each other?"

Key started to cough and they all looked at him. Ji Eun wanted to laugh out loud. Jeez! The thought of Key and her having a serious relationship was ridiculous! If before it was craziness to tell that she will like Wooyoung, much more if she will like Key. She and Key both liked men!

"S-sorry," Key apologized. "My throat itched."

 Ji Eun looked at Wooyoung once again. He was staring at her as if waiting for the answer.

"Auntie---" Ji eun didn't finished answering because her dad interrupted.

"I'm really confused too, Eun. They've been friends for a long time, just waiting for each other. Me and My Wife didn't know if they haven't realize their feelings or just ignoring it."

Ji Eun looked at her dad. She didn't know that her parents way of thinking was like that.

"Appa, I'll show Key to his room," Ji Eun wanted to avoid the topic. "I'm sure he's tired."

She and Key left and went upstairs. She took him to a vacant room.

"Take rest. I'm sure you still have jet lag." she said to Key.

"Yeah," he didn't protested. "Tell me what happened to you, okay? See you later."

"Okay, later," she replied and went out of the room. Ji Eun almost freaked out when she saw Wooyoung standing right next to the door. "What are you doing there?" she hissed.

"Was that your best friend?" he asked.

"Yes." She walked out.

He followed her. "Why is he staying here? He can afford a hotel, right?"

"Appa wanted Key to stay."

"If you didn't agree, he will not allow it."

Her eyebrows raised alternately. "I want him here, too. He's my best friend and I missed him."

"Your friend is a guy. Don't you think it's awkward?"

"Wooyoung, in Chicago, sometimes we're sleeping together."

"Sleeping together?!" his eyes grew wide.

"My parents trust him as much as I do."

"Eventhough. He's still a man. What have gotten in your mind and you allowed a guy sleep right next to you? What if he tried to harass you?"

Ji Eun looked at Wooyoung with surprise. "Key has been my friend since I was twelve. We've known each other for a long time so if something happens between us, it's not your problem anymore."

"Yeah right," he said sarcastically. "I forgot that you grew up abroad. Everything is allowed. Without malice."

"And what do you mean by that?"

"So, even if I kiss you a thousand times, it wouldn't matter to you?"

Ji Eun gasp for air when she heard Wooyoung said that.

"You wouldn't dare," Ji Eun said nervously.

"Believe me, I can," Wooyoung challenged her.

Ji Eun stepped back as Wooyoung moved closer.

"W .. Woo .. wooyoung"

His face descended on hers. He almost kissed her. But he suddenly stopped when the door open and Key peeked right into it. Ji Eun and Wooyoung looked at him.

"Oops, sorry," Key said. "I thought I heard some noise so I thought of checking it out."

Wooyoung pulled away from her. He turned around and went downstairs. Key was looking at her grinning.

"Now I know why you're enjoying your stay here," he said teasingly.

"Sshh!" Ji Eun answered annoyingly.