My Dorky Neighbor [20]

My Dorky Neighbor

 

"Omma, I wanna go back home," Ji Eun said on the other line. Her mom called to say hello.

She returned to her Uncle's house. After the kiss between Her and Wooyoung that night, she went back to her uncle to avoid him.

That night, when he stopped kissing her, she thought Wooyoung felt guilty. It was the only answer to why he stopped and headed back to his house. He thought maybe what they did was wrong. She don't know if Wooyoung is to blame. He initiated it, he did the first move.

Ji Eun didn't see him for four days. Or he is hiding from her for four days. It will be better for both of them. He don't have any reasons to explain to her.

"Ani, your dad and I are going there," her mom replied.

"Good for you. But I want to go home. I have to start my business." But her heart was saying no.

"Your business can wait, Ji Eun. Key told me that it's okay if you stay there for a while. One more thing, it's your uncle's birthday so don't go home yet."

Ji Eun didn't protested.

"When we come back, then go with us, darling. Your dad will not agree if you stay alone here. You know the reason, right?"

Ji Eun wanted to tell that Yoseob already found her. But she change her mind because she knew that they will be worried with her. She don't want them to have an additional headache.

=

It was her Uncle's birthday and a party was held. Lots of people gathered around the house. Ji Eun's parents are already there.

She anticipated the arrival of Wooyoung's family. They were invited to this occassion. The truth is, she's waiting for Wooyoung's arrival. She was very nervous. She don't know how to act in front of him.

What if he don't come because he's avoiding her? That she didn't think of.

When Ji Eun saw Auntie Eun with Uncle Dong, her neck almost expand, spotting if Wooyoung is with them. Then her heartbeat thump like crazy when he saw him behind his mom. She will not deny the fact that she's happy to see him.

Ji Eun felt went dry when she saw the girl beside Wooyoung. She was sure it was Tiffany. She came back already.

Before Wooyoung laid his eyes on Ji Eun, she quickly avoided him. Ji Eun pretended she didn't saw him. She wanted to run and stay at her room. She wanted to cry right at this moment.

Did Wooyoung brought his fiancee to show at her face that the kiss between them meant nothing?

Tiffany's presence brought attention to the people because she is well known. Everyone greeted her.

Wooyoung's family went to them. They greeted the birthday celebrant.

Then, Ji Eun looked at Wooyoung. He was staring at her. She looked away from him then her eyes caught Tiffany. She was smiling to them.

Her mom and Auntie Eun greeted each other. It was shown in their face that they missed each other.

"It's been a long time!" her mom said to Auntie Eun.

"Yes," Auntie agreed. "Our children had grown up. I teased Ji Eun to go on with Wooyoung's promise and get married with him."

Ji Eun didn't expect the words that came out of Auntie Eun's mouth. She looked at Tiffany and surprise is written on her face. Tiffany didn't know anything about that old joke.

"That was a classic joke," Wooyoung said to his fiancee.

Ji Eun looked at Auntie Eun. "A-auntie, don't start." She pouted.

Ji Eun didn't know if Auntie Eun intentionally mentioned that joke in front of Tiffany. She knew Auntie Eun didn't like her for Wooyoung. But she doesn't want them to have misunderstandings even though it was just a joke.

Ji Eun felt hurt seeing them together but that doesn't mean she will be happy knowing that Auntie Eun liked her for her son.

They were all in the same table. She looked at them secretly. Ji Eun felt there's a tension between Wooyoung and tiffany. It seemed Tiffany took the joke seriously. She heard Tiffany asking Wooyoung what is Ji Eun's relationship with him.

Ji Eun didn't know if she will join the conversation because she wanted to explain to Tiffany that it was all a joke. How can she do that if herself was hoping that the classic joke would come true?

And a sad realization hit her. She was falling for Wooyoung, the groom that wouldn't be hers.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omoooo My heart is aching, but i need to write it to make the story long! :))))