My Dorky Neighbor [15]

My Dorky Neighbor

 

Wooyoung was tired and hungry when he got home. He finished loads of paperworks in the office. He studied their project blueprints lined-up for the next couple of weeks.

It was 10 p.m according to his watch. He wanted to sleep but his stomach was growling. Wooyoung found food on the table. He took it and reheat in the stove. He sat while waiting. He have a helper  but she's going home after she finished all the household chores.

Wooyoung tried not to sleep but he can't help it. He had a few minute nap and was dreaming because he saw that Ji Eun was on his house and preparing his food. And when she finished, she was staring at him, smiling.

"Wake up, dork."

Wooyoung quickly opened his eyes and straighten up from the chair when he realized he wasn't dreaming.

Ji Eun was really there, sitting on the other side of the table. She was warmly smiling and fondly looking at him.

"What are you doing here?"

"I prepared your dinner," Ji eun simply answered.

Wooyoooung's forehead knotted. He looked at the table and the food was there.

"What time did you get here?"

Ji Eun rolled her eyes. "I was here a long time ago, duh! Auntie Eun and I are chatting upstairs. She wanted to take rest so I decided to go home. Then I saw your hardships in life here at the kitchen so I decided to help you."

Wooyoung laughed at what she said. "You prepared this for me?"

"Is there anybody else here?" her eyebrows raised. She folded her arms. "Now, eat."

"Sorry for the disturbance." But his heart was filled with pure gladness. Only his mom often prepared his meal. Even Tiffany didn't had a chance to do something like this.

"It's nothing." She smiled. "So... I'll go ahead. Go on with your life."

"Later," Wooyoung pulled her back. He wanted her presence still. "You're so eager to go home."

"Aha!" Ji Eun protested. "You wanted me to wash the dishes too?"

Wooyoung laughed and answered. "Is it obvious? I'm tired."

"Hmmppp!" Ji Eun stood up.

Wooyoung stopped him. "Stay with me for a while. It's sad eating alone." He made his voice more sweeter.

"You're so childish." But Ji Eun stayed and sat down again.

When Wooyoung finished his meal, Ji Eun cleaned up and wash the dishes.

"Let's get married, Ji Eun. So you will always prepare my food when I got home," Wooyoung joked.

Ji Eun opened her eyes very wide. "You're not the man I want to spend the rest of my life with."

Wooyoung laugh out loud. Ji Eun will never liked the idea of them getting married eventhough it's just a joke. But the odd thing was, he was starting to get bothered about it. He felt that Ji Eun will never like him. And he don't like that idea.

Wooyoung didn't know if he will be insulted on the way Ji Eun said that he's not the man she will spend the rest of her life with. Insulted or not, he didn't like even just the thought of it. He didn't know how he managed to laugh at that joke while inside his heart wasn't happy at all.

When Ji Eun finished everything, she said goodbye again. "Bye! I'll go home now."

Wooyoung didn't protested this time. "I'll walk with you to your house."

Wooyoung and Ji Eun stopped in the front door. "Rest well," she said and opened the door.

"Yeah. You, too." He kissed her on the cheek. "Goodnight."

Wooyoung was surprised by his action. He didn't know why his lips automatically went down to kiss her cheek. Ji Eun too. Surprise was written all over her face.

"You're so naughty!" Ji Eun snapped at him.

"That was a thank-you kiss for preparing my late dinner."

"You're such a dork!" Ji Eun pouted and marched inside. Aaron saw the smile on Ji Eun's face before she closed the door.

He walked back to his house, smiling secretly.