Nine- It's Time

Poison

How y of an author-nim am I??? KYAAA T_T I got so caught up with things that I forgot to update. I'm so sorry, my dear readers and subscribers. I'll try to get my writing grooce back.

In the meantime, please do enjoy this update!! As I, once again, promise to be a good author and try to update as diligently as I can!

Also, did you see T.O.P oppa's bed scenes in the new Tazza movie? How hot was that?! Now you can envision things better. 

HAPPY READING <3 Please don't hesitate to tell me how you feeel o u o KAMSAMNIDA! 


Have you ever had one of those moments? Where.. You spent the night tossing and turning on your bed, your mind filled with “what-ifs” and "I should have's" and then, next thing you know, the morning rays of the sun is shining over your room, then your alarm rings, and you’re forced to get up and face the reailty and what it will be for you that day?

 

Yeah, that day is today for me.

 

With a heavy heart and slumped shoulders, I began my usual routine once I managed to roll off of bed. Starting with brewing a cup of coffee for myself, heavy eyelids staring as the black liquid made its way out of the machine and into my mug.

 

What if he fires me?

 

That was the number one question on my mind. It wasn’t like I couldn’t find another job- that’s not even why I felt horrible at that point. With my credentials and with Kyungri’s help like she had offered previously, it wasn’t going to be hard for me to get a new one.

 

But I don’t want another job.

 

Yes, that was it- that was why I couldn’t bear of losing it. I don’t want another job, I want Seunghyun to be my boss, no one else. I can’t imagine working for another man.

 

 

I want Seunghyun.

 

“WOAH! Hold up.” I half-shouted out into my empty apartment, eyes as big as they could go as I slapped my palms over the kitchen counter. “My thoughts are getting too far. Hold it together, Sera.” There I was again, being my own personal motivator, telling myself to not let my thoughts get the best of me.

 

After a few more moments of struggling (and a whole cup of coffee that I chugged in the most unladylike manner), I finally got things into perspective, as I began to go about my usual routine. Singing in the shower was relaxing, and so playing my favorite playlist and putting the music on full blast so as to distract me from the own prison that was my mind, I began really getting ready for work- with a hopeful heart that it wasn't going to be the last time I do that.

 

--

 

Zhou Mi greeted me that morning, opening the door of the CGC office for me. “Good morning, Sera-ssi. How are you feeling today?” He asked in a polite tone, while holding onto the steel handle of the door.

 

“I’m good, thanks.” Was the only reply I was able to come up with. Making my way into the CEO’s elevator with a fake smile on my face.

 

My insides were shaking in a way that I didn’t think was possible when I made my way to Seunghyun’s door- I knew he was early. I saw his black Ferrari outside the office, and that sight alone made me want to puke out of nervousness.

 

But there is no turning back now. I said to myself, in a breath and knocking on the double wooden doors.

 

A stern yet simple “Come in.” was what followed afterwards, and I did not give myself anytime to hesitate before I made my way inside his huge office with a lowered head and shaky knees.

 

The room’s scent was a mixture of coffee and Seunghyun’s perfume, and it made my stomach churn in the weirdest way. Fixing my hair in place, I stood in front of his table and did a respectful bow, eyes filled with a concoction of different emotions- mostly anxious ones. “I’m.. I’m h-here, boss. H-have you thought about things?” I wanted to go straight right into it, becaus I could not stand the torture for another more second.

 

Once Seunghyun’s ears picked up the question, he broke his gaze away from his laptop screen and up to my face. With a slight twitch of his lips, he grinned quickly, standing up in the most elegant fashion one could ever see a man do.

 

“Sera... My dear Sera.” He cooed to me, my name sounding more graceful than normal when he said it. Seunghyun walked around his table and towards me, causing me to step back once to give him ample room and just the right amount of space between us.

 

“I’m firing you.”

 

Those words almost caused me to go into an extreme case of shock, as my facial features mirrored that of a girl in a horror movie. “W-what.. I'm.... f-fired?” Shaking my head as the horrible reality hits me, the inner voice in me reminded me to keep it together. “I suppose I understand. I d-did what you told me not to, I’m so sorry, b-boss..” I could feel the tears forming in the corner of my orbs, wanting to run out of the office and never see him again.

 

That’s right- he was bad news, you knew that. You shouldn’t have worked here in the first place.

 

My logical side affirmed, but it was then when I heard a deep laugh echo through the office, causing my head to snap up to look at the man in front of me, his hands on his pocket with his head leaned back in an almost childish laughter.

 

“No, Sera. I’m firing you from the job you have now and would be needing your help with another one.” He explained matter-of-factly.

 

“What does.. That even mean?” I stared up at him.

 

Is this some kind of a sick joke he plays on his employees? Aish!

 

“I’m promoting you...” Seunghyun sat idly by the edge of his large wooden table, his head cocked to one side as his sly grin decorates his face, his crisp silver suit shining under the sun’s rays that escaped into his CEO office, “You’re still going to be my secretary, but for one of my other businesses... You intrigue me, Sera. I want to see if you can handle it.” He says as I stood there with my mouth hanging slightly.

 

“So, you up for it?” He arched his perfectly shaped eyebrow.

 

“I’ll do anything, boss. Anything at all.”

 

The words that followed from my lips surprised both me and him, and at that moment I didn’t know what I was desperate more for: for a high-paying job, or a job that would require me to work for the perfect man that was Choi Seunghyun.

 

“Alright then. I think you and I should take a trip to your new office.” Seunghyun mumured in his soothing tone, and without warning- in a swift motion, I found my hand nestled around his own warm hand as he took it and led me straight out of the CGC building, “We’ll be taking a long trip, so get in, hmm? I promise I’ll get you back home.” He said, opening the passenger seat of his luxury car and gesturing for me to come in.

 

How could anyone refuse this? I said to myself, shaking my head a few times yet slipping in the seat and buckling my seatbelt.

“Hold on, kitten. You’re in for a thrilling ride.” He said as if he was some actor in an action movie, speeding away through the busy street and into the main freeway.

 

--

 

It was a known fact that I did not get any sleep that night, and so when it was taking us a while to get to our destination- I may have dozed off a little.

 

“Sera~ Kitten~” Seunghyun’s dreamy voice rang through my ears. Wow, even in my dreams he sounds perfect, I mused to myself without moving an inch from my sleeping position.

 

“Yah, get up.” A sudden shake caused me to stir awake, dropping me back into the present.

 

“W-what?” I straightened up in the car seat, unbuckling my seatbelt and rubbing my eyes. “Where a-are we?” I asked him, letting my vision settle down and adjust to the brightness surrounding him and I, as right now I was seeing two Seunghyun’s- not that I was complaining.

 

“We’re in my house.” He replied back, opening the door of the driver’s seat before walking around to open mine, not giving me a chance to ask any more questions.

 

Once again, I found myself in his mansion- no, palace, of a house, letting him lead me through the main receiving room and into the twists and turns of the halls. I barely had time to gaze around when I heard some murmuring and chuckling coming from a big room at the end of the hallway. I remember seeing this room the last time I was here, but it was locked when I checked it out of curiosity.

 

Widening my eyes as we entered, it was a huge conference room. His four friends were sitting on the chairs, clustered on one side of the big table, all their faces mirroring my own startled expression.

 

“Sera? ..." A voice broke through the silence, "What’s she doing here, Seunghyun?” Jiyong asked, standing up from his seat, head cocked to one side.

 

“She’s my new secretary.” Was all he replied- he was always a man of few words anyways so it was not new to everyone.

 

“Yes but this... Not your dad’s business, hyung!” The man called Daesung added in a dramatic voice, “Are you sure about this? Y-you’re putting her in danger.”

 

WHAT. “D-d-danger? What is this, Seunghyun?” Without any formalities, I asked him, forgetting my manners out of fear. “This is scaring me.” I whined much like a little girl, looking around at all the faces around me and stopping on Seunghyun’s perfectly chiseled face while waiting for an explanation.

 

“Boys, I’ll explain everything later to you. But I need to tell her now- If she’s going to do this.” He replied in a tone that he usde whenever he wanted to command the meetings in our normal office setting. Placing both his hands on my shoulders and turning me around, he crouched down a bit so we’d be in the sam eye level, piercing eyes scrutinizing my own. “Sera, now do you promise me you would keep all of this a secret? You promised you would do anything, right? To keep your job. I want you now to promise me that whatever you hear here, would not get out. It’s not only for our safety.” He explained, nodding his head over the direction where the four boys were to show who he was referring to, “But it’s yours, as well.”

 

A pause came from me as I thought long and hard about the decision I will make, unendurable silence enveloping the whole room then.

 

“Sera, promise me. Please.” It was the first time I heard that kind of tone from my boss- so dependent, so vulnerable, almost begging.

 

There was no way I was to refuse. Even though my mind was blaring out warning bells and raising red flags, there was just no way I can say no, “I promise.” I finally replied, chewing on my lip. “But what is this all about?” That was the one question I needed to be answered, and I needed the answer right that second.

 

Slowly he pulled back, ing his white linen shirt and causing me to gasp loudly than I expected.

 

How could I not notice that before... I asked myself as he raised his inner tank top, revealing a tattoo on his chest with a pattern of seven stars.
 

My mouth opened wide in utter shock while my heartbeat quickened in pace, “The seven star mob..” I murmured, it was a well known mafia gang in the late 90’s, and though it was an underground mafia, people in South Korea talked about it- and not only that, people feared it. “Y-you’re a part of that mafia group?”


With a sly yet subtle grin, Seunghyun shook his head while pulling his shirt back down. “No Sera, I own it.” Were the last words that came out of his mouth, and from that point on, I knew what he meant by getting ready for a thrilling ride because hell, with what I got myself into- I was in for one.