Four- First Order of Business

Poison

Annyeong~ I apologize for not being able to update any of my stories this weekend. I was quite busy and didn't have the strength to write. Before I got busy though, I was working on this update and had only gotten around to finishing it by today. I promise that Family Affair will be updated within the week! I apologize again.

As for my new subscribers, I'd like to welcome you all and say hello! Don't hesitate to talk to me please. I would love to hear from you! <33

I put in some effort trying to find the perfect outfit for my muse and so, you guys can click on the hyperlinks within the text to see what Sera is wearing!


I paced back and forth in front of Seunghyun’s office that afternoon, he’s been in there with that Jinah woman for about two hours already and it was awfully quiet. Biting my lip, I fumbled with the piece of envelope in my hand as I continued walking from one side of the room to another. It was an invite given to me by Seunghyun’s father’s secretary, and I didn’t know whether or not I should wait for him to finish with his so-called meeting or just wait for his visitor to come out first.

 

You should just wait. My mind told me, though for some reason, another part of me was telling me to just knock and peek in.

 

I finally made a choice to actually listen to that other part of me and wrapped my fingers slowly around the gold doorknob of his office. The scene that I witnessed in front of me made me flustered, as the girl was sitting on Seunghyun's lap, the top buttons of his polo shirt open and his hair messy. I stared at both of them with wide eyes, Seunghyun's perfectly shaped eyebrows were raised in surprise while the girl on his lap was just sneering at me.

 

"I...." It took me a while for me to get my words together. Swallowing hard, I mustered up the courage to speak. "I'm sorry boss, it's just... You have a message from your father. His secretary told me it was urgent that you see this." I said in a very soft voice, putting the envelope the secretary left me on his desk, then pivoting around and jogging out the door as swiftly as I could.

 

The minute I slammed his office door shut, I felt that my cheeks were hot, burning from the embarrassment I had just experienced. I trudged back to my seat, chewing on my lip as I focused in on my thoughts. It was then I realized that I wasn't embarrassed because I interrupted something. It was part of that, yes. But seeing Seunghyun in that state- hair disheveled, buttons open and all was what made me more embarrassed, it was interesting how a man could look that attractive.

 

My wandering thoughts were cut short the minute I head the clicking sound of the door.

 

"Yah, you." The tall girl remarked, glaring at me. I squinted my eyes at her and waited for the rest of her sentence. "Learn some manners and knock next time ne?" She said, rolling her eyes and walking out the door.

 

I huffed, effectively flipping the stray hair on my forehead out of my face. How rude, I thought. Does Seunghyun always date or er- see women who are this rude?

 

Right on cue, Seunghyun emerged out of his office, his buttons were closed right back up and his blazer was back on and I got to admit, it made me kind of disappointed. I stood up and did a small bow, smiling apologetically at him, "M-mianhae, boss. I didn't knock, it was rude of me." I acknowledged, bowing again and clasping my hands together.

 

The corner of Seunghyun's lips twitched upwards, "Ah, it's fine Sera." He said, scratching the back of his head, "Hmm, I have a question now though... how would you like to go to a party with me?"

 

---

 

"So, let me get this straight, you're his date to his father's ball?" Kyungri asked me that night as I walked around my bedroom, hastily getting ready for the event ahead.

 

I shook my head while I was applying my concealer, "Aniya, he just said that it's my first official obligation as his secretary. I'll be accompanying him in a lot of social events such as this, so.. According to him, it'll be an avenue for me to know what to expect in these things."

 

She flopped down on my bed stomach first, "Hmm, that's interesting." She said, watching me finish with applying make-up with puffed cheeks. "I bet lots of women would kill to be your shoes, me included."

 

We both chuckled, I put down my lipgloss and walked towards the bed, slipping into my borrowed designer gown. "Aigoo, thank you for lending me this, Kyungie. I really appreciate it, you're a life-saver." I said, slipping on my pumps.

 

"Oh but of course, Serbear, just know that I do these things with the premise that I know you'll be rich in the future being Seunghyun's wife and all. So you just have to pay me back, mm?"

 

I scoffed, taking the pillow nearest to me and throwing it at her, "Yah! Ahaha. That won't happen okay? How could he be married to someone like me. I'm just his secretary, and I'm nowhere near his social status. I'm just a dork trying to make some money to get by."

 

Kyungri rolled her eyes, "Whatever you say dear. Hehe.."

 

I scrutinized myself in the mirror and kept silent, thinking to myself. Why would he like someone like me? I'm just his secretary... I affirmed, saying my goodbye and heading out the door.

 

---

 

Finally reaching the venue, I clumsily slipped out of the cab I took and walked inside the ballroom receiving area of one of the Choi's notable hotel rooms that night which served as the venue for his father's party. By that time, the place was almost packed with people. I ironed my dress with my palms and straightened up my posture, even though I was but a mere secretary, I still had to carry myself well.

 

I must admit that I was feeling lost, and I didn't know whether or not Seunghyun was here or not.

 

"Sera noona!" I heard a familiar voice bellow from the other side of the room.

 

Turning around, I saw Seunghyun's four friends making their way towards me as I awkwardly waved.

 

"Noona annyeong! Remember me? I'm.."

 

"Seungri, I know. Keke. You don't need to remind me." I said, bowing at the four of them.

 

"You look beautiful noona! Ah and my hyungs, this is Jiyong, Youngbae and Daesung hyung, we've been friends since we were all little." Seungri said, pointing to each of his friends as we smiled at each other.

 

"Are you Seunghyun's date tonight, Sera?" One of his other friends, Youngbae, asked me, his eyes turning into slits as he smiled at me.

 

I waved both my hands and shook my head, "Oh goodness no! I'm just here on official busine--"

 

"I believe she is." Seunghyun's baritone voice echoed in my ears, I turned around with a baffled look on my face, bowing at him immediately. He chuckled, patting my head like I was his pet cat, "You're technically my date tonight right?" He followed up, and I couldn't tell by the tone of his voice if he was joking or if he was serious.

 

Before I was able to give him an answer though, he pulled me by the wrist and led me inside the ballroom, "Come on kitten, the party's almost starting." He said grinning.

 

So much for being my date. I thought, as I watched Seunghyun slide a glass of wine over at a random lady by the bar. The party was coming to an end, and all I did was whisper in Seunghyun's ear the different names of the different CEO's of all of Seoul so he could greet them personally. He had me memorize their names along with a picture of them the night before, and luckily I was good at associating names with people's faces.

 

Afterwards he was just smothered by all the single women in the room and I just resorted to sitting on an empty table at the corner of the room.

I took a sip from my wine glass as I continued to watch him flirting with some random woman.

"Hey, aren't you Seunghyun's date?" An unfamiliar tall man stood in front of me, his blond hair parted right down the middle and his smoldering eyes stared back at me. Based on his stance and his choice of clothing, it looked like he was in the same social class as Seunghyun.

 

"E-eh? Ah.. Aniyo, I'm his secretary." I answered, staring at him curiously,

 

The stranger sat down beside me, as he was nearing me I realized that he was as tall as my boss. "Oh, is that right? I saw you come in with him and I thought that Seunghyun actually brought only one date tonight.." He said, crossing his legs and leaning back on the seat.

 

"Aniyo, I'm not.. But, who.. Who are you?"

 

"I'm Wu Yi Fan, but er- I just go by the name if Kris." He said, reaching his right hand out for a shake.

 

I shook his hand back, smiling politely. He was the first one to make an effort to sit with me and talk that night and so I found it rude to walk away. "Sera.. It's nice to meet you, Kris. How do you know Seunghyun?" I inquired in a curious tone.

 

"Pleasure's mine, Sera." Kris smiled back. "Oh, we go way back. My father and his father have transactions together, I met him a while back. I also studied in the same private middle school as him. I too, am an heir. My father owns the largest hotel chain in China. And well, being there more than in Seoul, I don't really have that much friends here, so I don't really know anyone in this place." He said, playing with the rings on his fingers and pouting slightly.

 

I jutted my lips out into a pout too, "Aw, well I'll be your friend, Kris." I nodded quickly, smiling at him.

 

"Sera, can you please get me a glass of scotch please?" Seunghyun, who came out from nowhere talk in a commanding voice.

 

I quickly turned around and stood up from my seat. Studying his expression, I noticed that there was a glint of anger in his eyes, his eyes weren't on me, but to the man who was sitting beside me. "Hm? A-ah yes boss." I mumble, my brows furrowed as I made my way to the bar. Why would Seunghyun want me to grab him a drink when he was just by the bar moments ago?

 

I quickly did what I was told to do, jumping in place when I felt someone wrap his arm around my waist. "Is this mine? Ah, thank you." Seunghyun reached for the scotch glass in front of me, pulling me close and pressing me to his side.

 

"Wh-what.." I once again found myself speechless, startled at this action of his. He took a sip from his drink, and I just stood there gawking at him. Being this close to him allowed me to get a better look at him, as his side profile was even more stunning up close, he smelled of tobacco and a certain musky scent that was intoxicating.

 

He was intoxicating.

 

I blinked repeatedly, stunned at where my train of thoughts were going.

 

Seunghyun managed to down the glass of scotch in a minute, his gaze shifting to me. "Ready to go? I'll bring you home." He said, smirking at me, a smirk that made my legs quiver.

 

"It's... It's okay boss.. I can just take a ca--"

 

His grip on my hip tightened, using it to lead me out towards the door of the ballroom. "Nonsense, it's the least I could do. You were a big help tonight." He said matter-of-factly, a tone he used when he didn't want a conversation to go further.

 

My eyes were glued to him that I didn't realize that we were down the hotel room basement, in the parking lot. His sudden actions were overwhelming that my brain couldn't process what was happening.

 

"Get in, Miss Sera." He ordered once more, and my body followed as if on instinct.

 

The car ride was silent, with us on opposite sides of the back seat. I took this time to look around, it was then I realized that we were in a limousine, my wide eyes gaping at the luxurious interior of the car.

 

Pretty soon, we were outside the building of my apartment. "H-how did you.. Know where I lived?" I asked, staring up at him.

 

He turned his head to look at me, "I do have to know my secretary's profile ne?" He grinned, scooting closer to me. He then leans in quickly, and I lean back on the car door as a response. I gulped and gulped hard at that when our faces were just inches away from each other. Seunghyun slowly leaned in some more, burying his face on the crook of my neck. I froze in my seat, feeling the bridge of his nose brush against my exposed skin, I bit my lip- I was enjoying this. I didn't know what he was doing or what he was thinking about at that time, but I was enjoying it.

 

"You smell like strawberries and wine." Seunghyun murmured against my skin, his hot breath trickling.

 

"I'm a bad person, you're so unlucky to be in this position of yours." He murmured some more with his lips pressed against my collar bone. My breathing was shallow, it was almost up to the point where I could hear my heartbeat in my ears.

 

Sh*t. What is this I'm feeling. I closed my eyes and whimpered softly in response.

 

Before I could pinpoint what I was feeling, he broke away and the door behind me opened, I then realized that he had reached for the door handle on my side.

 

I of course hurriedly slipped out of my seat, afraid that something else might happen, and I knew by that time that I was in no position to say no to him. I did a 90 degree bow, stuttering as I spoke, "Th-thanks, boss. Good night." I said, tucking a free strand of hair behind my ear, exposing my burning cheek.

 

He smiled at me, a smile that was enough to make my stomach churn. "Good night, kitten." Seunghyun said, closing the car door and leaving me behind to try and process what just happened.