Seven - Confusion

Poison

Ahhh finally, I get to update! I'm really sorry for making you guys wait for so long, but I will again, try to be more diligent this time!

So, please don't hesitate to comment below, let me know what you guys think of the story and this particular update. It would be a big help in motivating me to write, as I use that for inspiration! Gomawo <3 

{P.S. As always, you can have a sense of what Sera's wearing by clicking on the hyperlinked word} 



“Be careful now, kitten. You might just find them out little by little.”

 

Seunghyun’s voice rang through the walls of my mind that morning as I mindlessly got ready for work the following Monday, I stirred my white mug full of my favorite brewed coffee. Letting out a sigh, I leaned back againqst the kitchen counter, staring at the blank, wall in front of me. What does he mean by those? Why would he want me, his lowly secretary to find out about the deepest darkest secrets he’s been harboring? I shrugged, I was in my own world once more. I barely even got to half my mug when I, by routine, glanced at the wall clock behind me.

 

“Sh*t! I’m late for work!” I gulped the hot liquid down, slipped on my heels and ran out of my apartment as fast as I could, despite the circumstances of me being in my corporate attire. Luckily, the gods were smiling down at me that day, and I managed to get to the bus stop just seconds before the bus left. From then on, I told myself not to do my deep thinking sessions early in the morning.

--

Despite my heroic bus stop moment, as I walked through the building’s parking lot, I noticed the familiar black ferrari already parked right in front of the majestic structure of the Choi Group of Companies' main headquarters. My eyes grew in size as I gasped, why does my boss have to get in early today, of all days?

 

Trudging through the lobby, I had an anxious feeling inhibit me at the moment. I knew I was going to get scolded for being late, and I was not looking forward to it- not. one. bit.

 

I hurriedly set my purse down my table and tiptoed towards the coffee machine, wishing Seunghyun didn’t make a cup of his own yet. I held the tray up, and slowly made my way towards his door, pressing my ear against the wooden material to listen in. Who knows what kind of visitors he would have this time? I thought to myself, but when I heard nothing, I grasped the doorknob, and cautiously opened his door. The sight that greeted me when that door opened though, caused my jaw drop.

 

Seunghyun had his back faced towards me, both his hands in his pocket, he was only in a black, tucked-in tank top and his corporate slacks. I stood there for a moment, admiring his chiseled back. I mean, I knew he was in a good shape, but I didn’t expect it to look like that. My eyes the wandered over to the gray linen shirt that was laid on the small couch behind him.

 

“Omona!” I couldn’t help but squeal out. The shirt was stained with what I could make out as blood. I ran to his table and placed his coffee down before scurrying over to his shirt, my eyes still as big as dinner plates. “Se-seunghyun- er- Boss, what’s.. what happened?” I asked, looking up at him with a worried expression, forehead creased and eyebrows strewn together.

 

He looked bewildered, shocked that I was there, his eyes mirrored mine but only for a quick while, as he’s always put on that composed front of his. I stood up after having crouched down to check on his expensive polo shirt. “Sera, I didn’t hear you come in. I-” Seunghyung cleared his throat and ran his hand through his locks, messing it up in the process. “I.. Don’t worry. I just got into a fight this morning with some .” He said, shrugging it off.

 

I then noticed a small cut beside his right eyebrow, it was small yet deep enough. “Y-your head.” I pointed at it, “Let me get the first aid.”

 

“N-no I’m f-” I didn’t let my boss finish as I made my way towards the first-aid kit cabinet mounted on the wall, I took out some band-aids and cotton buds, as well as the alcohol solution to treat cuts.

 

“Sit.” I ordered him and pointed to the single seater, white, leather couch. My concern for him got the best of me that time, as I forgot that I was actually working for this man. Seunghyun, surprisingly, obliged. I sat on on the couch’s arm rest, facing him and began to dab the cotton bud over the small laceration.

 

I was focused on the bruise, but I could see him smiling. “I didn’t know it was part of your job description to treat my wounds, kitten.” He muttered in a low voice then grimaced at the contact of the solution. And that’s when I realized that I could feel his breath crashing against my cheek- that’s how close we were from each other.

 

“It’s not, but I don’t mind if I get paid extra for this.” I jokingly said, putting on the small band aid over it to cover it up and gazed into his eyes afterwards as I talked once again. “All done, boss.” I flashed him a smile.

 

We stayed there frozen, staring at each other. His brown orbs were me in, as I found myself unable to move an inch. He was staring back at me, and I couldn’t exactly tell what kind of expression he had on. Seunghyun angled his head and closed in the gap between our faces, I of course, was rendered immobile.

 

You know that moment in movies where the lead protagonist and the heroine are about to kiss? That scene where all of the background noises just die down, and the camera zooms in on the two of them, with that comes the cheesy love song and the rose petals? That’s how I felt at the moment. Seunghyun tilts his head ever so slowly and leans in.

 

But as his lips hovered mine, he stopped, I could feel him take in a sharp breath before standing up from his seat, causing me to do the same. He turned around, walking back to his CEO table and began rummaging through the paperwork on it.

 

I took it as my cue to leave, and the minute I slammed his door close, I let out a breath I had no idea I was holding it in, nor how long I was holding that in.

 

What just happened, exactly?

 

--

 

I spent the whole day staring at my computer screen, unable to get some work done from the earlier. I was still very much distracted from that earlier encounter with my boss. Tapping at the keys of the keyboard, I heard Seunghyun’s door open.

 

Straightening up in my seat, I opened my mouth to speak. “Where are y-” I wasn’t even done with my query yet but he was already out the door. I sighed and slumped back on my swivel chair, there is really no way to tell what’s going in that man’s mind. Fishing my phone out, I typed an SMS message to Kyungri,

 

[Text to Kyungri:] Eottokae! Something happened a while ago with Seunghyun and now I’m confused! ㅠ_ㅠ

 

I put my phone down and waited for an answer. Seconds later, my phone started buzzing.

 

[Text from Kyungri:] Is he there now?

 

I shook my head, even though I knew that she couldn’t see me. I began typing away once more.

 

[Text to Kyungri:] Aniyo! He bolted out a few minutes ago, I honestly don’t think he’s going to come back today.

 

As I sent my reply, I sighed, I don’t know why I suddenly had a sick feeling in my stomach. Being idle the whole day is making me think too much, and I’m slowly learning that things between Seunghyun and I have had this air of tension between us, but I know things are more complicated than just that.

 

My phone beeped and vibrated on the wooden table again, causing my train of thoughts to halt.

 

[Text from Kyungri:] Stay there! I am on my way.

 

It did not take long for my best friend to get to my office. She sat there at the other end of my table, her legs crossed and her palms clasped together, she began staring at me. “So.. spill, woman. What exactly happened?”

 

With a deep inhale, I began to tell her everything that happened this morning, and even the events before that one, once I was done, there was a slight pause from the woman in front of me.

 

Kyaaaaaaaa~~!” She squealed out loud, maybe enough for the whole CGC building to hear. Kyungri started flailing her hands in the air. “So, he likes you? I mean, he tried to kiss you!”

 

I rolled my eyes, “Seriously? That’s the only thing you got from that, Kyungie?”

 

She mimicked the action, “Look, that’s the only important thing you have to take from that. I mean, he even brought you to his home.” She explained in a reprimanding tone. “Aishhh! Let’s celebrate! Does he have alcohol in his office? We should drink to that!”

 

“Kyung- no- stop! We’re not drinking his liquor!” I scolded her, but it was too late, she was already skipping towards his office.

 

“Whoa, he has such a spiffy office!” Kyungri praised, twirling around in the middle of the room, her black locks gracefully moving along with her before she made her way to his liquor cabinet. I could only watch her with a horrified look.

 

“It was such a bad idea to bring you here, to be honest.” I said, even though I was clearly amused at the fact that she was actually raiding Seunghyun’s stash of alcohol.

 

She hands a scotch glass over to me, and pulls at my hand with her other one. “Here, take it. Drink. Be merry. You practically have him wrapped around your finger.”

 

I could only shake my head to that, as I knew preposterous that was. If anything, it was the other way around. “You do realize that he can practically have anyone he wanted neh? Why in the hell would he be interested in me? Just the other day, there was a tall blonde woman in here with him, and I didn’t even know what they were doing, nor did I want to.”

 

I was, again, too distracted by my thoughts similar to this morning that I did not realize how much Kyungri was drinking. I was situated on the couch Seunghyun was sitting in earlier when I treated him.

 

“I cannot wait until I inherit my father’s company! Aiiiiyaaah I ‘d probably be having fun like this in a big office the whooole day!” I knew a drunk Kyungri when I see one, and this one was close to it, slowly inching towards intoxication.

 

“Aish.. I’m worried for your father’s company” I muttered under my breath while letting a laugh escape and walked towards her, she was sitting on Seunghyun’s chair, playing with the swivel chair, spinning it around. “Yah, cut that out, you’re going to get me fired, you know that?”

 

“Oh please, he won--” She stops mid-sentence and we both turn to look at the phone that was ringing.

 

It was the black phone- the phone I was forbidden to answer.

 

I suddenly saw my best friends’ hand reach for it, with a loud gasp, I shouted. “Kyung, don’t!”

 

“Yoboseyooooo?” Kyungri answered in a melodic, drunk voice, to my dismay. “Neh this is Seunghyun’s secretary, you can relay the message to me?” She asked, causing me to slap her on the shoulder lightly so as to reprimand her action, though I must admit, I was curious to know what kind of calls were coming from that particular phone.

 

The message that came from the other end of the phone line caused a drunk Kyungri to straighten up in her seat, a shocked look suddenly appeared on her face, I could see her gulp hard, stayed agape for a while, “I... I’ll tell him, thank you.” She said, putting down the receiver back on its cradle.

 

“So.. what was it about?” I asked, curious eyes staring back at my companion.

 

“The.. man said... Seunghyun’s order for the weapons came in today..” She responded, her voice matching her horrified look.

 

I gulped hard as well, swallowing the lump in my throat. “W-weapons?!?!” And there I was again, unable to understand what was happening.

It then hit me, this was it, I was slowly finding out Seunghyun's secrets one by one.