Six - A Sneak Peek

Poison

Hello my dear readers! This is quite a long update because you all have been so patient with me so thank you! <3

And to my silent readers, don't afraid to speak out and be heard mm? Tell me what you think of this update, it will help a lot in motivating me to write.


I stood there by the door, my jaw wide open as I stared back at my boss, his slender, long legs perched on top of his shiny wooden table, his arms crossed. His messy brown hair made him look like he just got out of bed too, it was the first time seeing him in a knitted sweater, and I don’t know why but it made me gulp hard.

 

“Ah, Miss Sera. You’re up.” He was the first one who broke the silence. “Please. Sit.” He said in a more commanding than a suggestive tone.

 

I did what I was told of course, out of habit. I walked up to him, trying to comb my messy bed hair in place, feeling all the more self-conscious. I tugged at the ends of the sole piece of white linen shirt I was wearing before taking a seat, almost sure that my red, lacy underwear was showing.

 

Seunghyun must have noticed the confusion in my face, as he leaned forward and paused for a moment before speaking again, “I trust that you slept well, mm? You had a rough night.” He said, grinning knowingly.

 

“R-rough.. n-night?” I asked, my mouth hanging open slightly. What does he mean by that? Does he mean he and I..? That can’t be the case.. I thought to myself, shaking my head.

 

Seunghyun’s chuckle caused me to look back up at him, it was annoying how he found this all amusing.

 

I stood up and glared at him, “Y-yah! Just cause you’re my boss, doesn’t mean you can take advantage of me like that. I am appalled!” I squeaked, hugging myself and trying to cover my body.

 

The man in front of me burst out into a fit of laughter, slapping his thigh as he did so. “Ahhh, Sera. This is why I keep you around. You’re so funny.” He said in between his chuckles, I’ve never seen this side of him- he was always serious and stern, but now he looks like a teenager to me, his eyes turning into narrow slits. “Sit down, will you? I didn’t take advantage of you. I don’t sleep with my secretaries.” He explained, and I felt my cheeks heat up from pure embarrassment.

 

I sat back down, dropping my head low to try to hide my flushed cheeks.

 

“Look,” Seunghyun said, reaching over the table to lift my chin so he could see me. His lips twitching upon seeing the shamed expression on my face. “I didn’t touch you okay? Relax.”

 

“But who.. who changed me..” I trailed off, my big eyes staring back at his piercing orbs.

 

“Well when you got down today you must have noticed, I have tons of help here in my place, mm? One of the ahjummas did. I wouldn’t even dare take advantage of a drunk woman, it’s not a nice sight.” He said in an explaining tone. “Aishh thank you for that, you never fail to amuse me, Miss Sera.” Seunghyun added, leaning back again on his leather swivel chair.

 

“Oh.. Well.. Th-thank you.. Then, I can go home and get out of your way.” I said, holding onto the arm rails of the chair in preparation to stand up.

 

“Ah and, how will you get home? There are no buses around here, kitten.” He said, picking up the morning paper.

 

I froze, well where exactly am I anyway?

 

As if reading my mind, he addressed the question, “If you want to look around, you can. Then maybe you’ll see what I’m talking about.” He said, as the door slammed open, causing me to jump in my seat.

 

A familiar voice echoed through the room, I turned my head just in time as Seunghyun's friend spoke, "Yo, Top. The weapons are--" Jiyong, if I remember his name correctly spoke. His mouth opened wide when he saw me and stopped mid-sentence.

 

Top? I've heard that before... I furrowed my brows as events from my hazy night last night started to flash in my head. I remember someone hitting on me, me walking towards the exit to the alleyway and being caught in a sticky situation, then, I remember seeing Seunghyun and hearing him punch the dude who was trying to hit on me.

 

My train of thoughts suddenly got cut off when I saw Seunghyun rise from his seat, slipping his hands in his pocket and shoots a glare over at his friends who were still standing by the door, he then shifted his gaze to me, "Sera, please leave us for a minute. Feel free to roam around the house, I'll bring you home in a bit." He said, his usual boss-like image appearing once more.

 

"A-ah ne. Of course boss." I say, bowing at him and scurried off towards the door, bowing at his friends as well.

 

"Great to see you again, Sera noona!" Seungri said, waving his hands at me before closing the door behind him.

 

I huffed, now what I'm supposed to do. I then remembered Seunghyun's instruction, "There's no harm in touring this big house, ne?" I mumbled to myself, walking around.

 

I sauntered down a long hallway, smiling at everyone who was cleaning in the different corners of the house. Two big wooden doors then caught my eye, both had gold doorknobs. My hues widened in diameter as I pushed the door open, leading me out into huge round driveway.

 

"Woah." Was the only thing that came out of my mouth, there was a huge fountain in the middle of the driveway, something you see only castles possess in movies. There were lots of big men in suits roaming around, some of which were staring at me. I continued walking out and stumbled upon the garden area as my eyes wander off into the view of the horizon, my wide eyes got even bigger, as I realize that Seunghyun's mansion is on top of a cliff.

 

"Seunghyung hyung's pretty ballin, eh noona?" Seungri came up from behind me, effectively startling me.

 

I bowed at him politely, tucking my hair behind my ear, "Um.. ne. W-where are we? Seunghyun said it was impossible for me to get home through a bus."

 

Seungri grinned, possibly amused by his hyung, "Mm ne, well, unless you'd want to hitch-hike with the people who are trekking up here. Aha." He chuckled, laughing behind his hand. I stared up at him, what is with Seunghyun and his friends, they all seem handsome and rich, aish. "We're in Bukhansan. Seung hyung wanted a place far away from the city. "

 

My eyebrows raised once more in surprise, gasping inwardly before I replied to him. "B-bukhansan?! This is waaay north of Seoul. Aish." Kyungri must be so worried for me right now. "So.. Seunghyun l-lives alone?" I asked, tilting my head and staring at him curiously.

 

Seungri nodded once, staring into the distance. "Mhm, his parents are never here in Seoul anyway. And so, we come here everyday to keep him company." He said, eyeing me over, his right brow arching. I was suddenly aware of what I was wearing once more, as the cool breeze grazed through the skin of my thighs. "I should be asking noona the questions here ne? What are you doing here anyway?"

 

I blushed lightly, playing with my fingers. "I.. I have no idea. I got drunk last night, then someone tried to hit on me. I think, I think he saved me. I dunno, he didn't really say anything."

 

The younger man beside me chuckled again, shaking his head from left to right. "I'd love to see what happened to that dude who tried to hit on you." His gaze flickered back to me. "Did you.. Happen to hear anything a while ago? You know, what Ji hyung said when we entered?"

 

I shook my head, not wanting to make the conversation awkward by saying that I did hear what his friend said. "Ah, n-"

 

"Sera." Seunghyun's voiced was carried by the wind, causing me to turn around towards the direction from where he was standing. "Your clothes are ready and dry. I'll bring you home now." He said, nodding sternly.

 

"A-ah, arasso boss. I'll go change." I said, giving another bow to Seungri. "See you later."

 

---

 

"No, we'll be fine. I can take it from here."

 

I heard Seunghyun mutter as I was making my way to the big garage. Frankly, along with his whole house, I've never seen anything like it. It had at least 15 cars inside, all of which had luxury brands engraved on them. I finally was able to change back into the dress that I was wearing from the night before. Though this time it did not smell like a mininbar or anything of that sort.

 

Seunghyun opened the passenger seat door to his black Porsche and I slipped in, mumbling a shy thank you. Pretty soon, we were pulling away from his garage and out into the huge, high gates of the mansion and going down a zigzag road.

 

I kept silent, wondering about the conversation we had earlier and the words he uttered about him not doing anything to me. Of course I felt relieved that he did not take advantage of me, but at the same time, there was a nagging feeling in my chest, I almost felt like.. like, it was okay if we ended up doing something, like.. I wanted him to.

 

Oh god, what am I saying. I shook my head, trying to stop my thoughts from wandering further.

 

"You okay there, kitten?" Seunghyun asks, and my attention immediately focuses on him.

 

"N-ne." I replied, somehow that nickname has grown on me. "S-sorry boss"

 

He just let out a chuckle, "It's alright." He said, his eyes focused on the downward slope of a direction in the road ahead of us. "So, how did you find my humble abode? Not bad right?"

 

I scoffed, mainly because of two reasons: the fact that Seunghyun was actually trying to do small talk with me, and the other cause he just described his gorgeous house as 'not bad'. "Not bad? Omo, it's majestic."

 

He grinned, reaching over and patting my thigh, causing me to flinch. "Thank you then, Sera."

 

My breath hitched in my throat, as Seunghyun's slender fingers tapped on my exposed skin. I didn't know what he was doing, but I didn't have the heart to brush his hand away. "So uh, why domyou live so far?" I asked curiously tearing my gaze away from my thigh and onto his profile.

 

Seunghyun shrugged, "I dunno, I just like being away from the city. I wanted a place where I could just rest and unwind and that place seemed like a good location." He spoke, his hand still resting on my leg while his other one controlled the covertible's steering wheel. "I don't always sleep there though, when I get lazy I just stay in Jiyong's place in Gangnam." He nodded, passing through civilian checkpoint going into Seoul proper, and gives a small salute over at a soldier who immediately salutes back. Bukhansan is way too far that it is close to the north, and so, there are checkpoints everywhere. How he was able to convince the contractor to build a house there is a mystery to me.

 

---

 

A few more minutes into the ride and I noticed that we got off the wrong exit from the freeway. I leaned forward, pointing at the sign. "Er- boss? My exit isn't here yet.." I trailed off, looking at him with a puzzled expression on my face.

 

I saw Seunghyun smirk from his side profile, "I know, I'm hungry and I'm craving for sushi." He says casually, shrugging his shoulders and pretty soon, we pulled up to a high end Japanese retaurant. This was the type of restaurant I wouldn't go into because of the insane overpriced meals. My boss being the gentleman that he is, walked over to my side of the car and opened the door for me, not giving me any time to agree or disagree with this decision of his. He reached out his hand towards me and I reached for it back. As I alighted the car, I noticed that Seunghyun's smirk was still not erased from his face.

 

We walked towards the front door of the restaurant and the doors opened as the employees greeted him as if he was the king, everyone bowing in sync. "Your usual place, sir?" The lady in the reception area asked, smiling a flirty smile. I almost rolled my eyes in response. I really don't know any place around here that this man is not revered and admired. I quietly walked behind him as we were lead to a more secluded area of the restaurant.

 

As we were making our way towards the the VIP rooms, we happened to bump into one of Seunghyun's acquaintances, causing us to stop in our tracks. I zoned out as they started to talk, hanging my head low. I was quite embarrassed to be seen with him, not because he himself was embarrassing, but it was more of- me feeling like a hobo next to him.

 

"So... Is this your girl, hyung?" I heard his friend mutter out, causing my head to snap up and look at him. His pearly whites shining as he eyed me over, then reverting his gaze back to Seunghyun.

 

I then felt my boss' arm wrap around me, pulling me close to him. I was again able to take a whiff of his familiar scent, causing me to get in a momentary trance. "Aha, ani. She's my secretary, Myungsoo."

 

"Oh?" The guy named Myungsoo stared at me, like Seunghyun just told him I was a ghost. "Jinjja? Isn't that.. You know, dangerous."

 

Seunghyun shook his head firmly, the brown locks on his head shaking as well. "Ah it's for.. Appa's.. Business, I mean." He said, clearing his throat.

 

"Ah... Alright, well, see you then, hyung. Have to get going. Nice to see you." He said, vanishing in a matter of seconds.

 

Hm? His appa's business? Does that mean he has other businesses? What do they mean by that? All these questions were running through my head as our dinner progressed. Seunghyun seemed to be preoccupied with his thoughts as well. I looked at him as I took a bite out of my tuna sashimi, he looked deep in thought, his perfect lips pressed together in a tight line, he was stirring the contents of his udon noodles with his chopsticks mindlessly. I shrugged my shoulders, it was useless to even try and start a conversation with this dude, I said to myself, giving up and focusing on my meal. Because if I think about it, how often do I get to eat in this place?

 

The car ride home was a quiet encounter once more, I fished for my phone out of my purse, gasping at the many messages I got from the night before and today. I sighed, sending Kyungri a text that she didn't need to worry and that I was fine. I looked up and saw my apartments' building in the distance, and so I thought that this would be the right time to say something. I cleared my throat, turning my head to the person driving. "You know, I have this feeling that people perceive you wrongly." I boldly said.

 

Seunghyun straightened up in his seat, cocking his head to the side. "And what is that supposed to mean, kitten?" He asked, his brown, smoky orbs focused on the road ahead of us. The car then turned right and headed straight into my apartment's driveway.

 

I answered just when he was about to stop the car, feeling the vehicle's pace slow down. "I just.. I just think you're not who most people say you are. And I don't know about this but- I have a feeling you're a man of many secrets, Seunghyun." I said, his name rolling off my tongue effortlessly that even I was surprised.


His eyes get slightly bigger when he heard me call out his name, it took a while for him to eradicate the surprised expression on his face as he angled his body towards me, "Well, be careful now, kitten. You might just find them out little by little." He said, reaching forward and opening the car door for me, leaving me once again baffled and stunned.