Eleven - Settling In

Poison

Annyeong everyone! I apologize for the slight delay on this one. But here it is! It's quite an interesting chapter, if I do say so myself.

By the way, would anyone be interested in Seunghyun's POV chapter? It's a whole chapter dedicated to showing the mafia boss' life and up until he met Sera. 

I'm just curious? Let me know in the comments below! And by the way, thank you to those who have commented! I really appreciate it, I love you and all, and you keep me going ~ ^_^ 

Chapter eleven, here we go~! (As always you could see the settings, things Sera's wearing etc. by clickig the blue colored text within the story)


[ORDER CONFIRMATION]

Weapon delivery: 

Busan cluster : Tracking #54784 - - - [DELIVERED] 

Incheon cluster : Tracking #56478 - - - [DELIVERED] 

Gwangju cluster: Tracking #54398 - - - [DELIVERED]

Beijing cluster : Tracking #78654 - - - [PENDING -- IN TRANSIT]

My gaze shifted from my laptop screen and to the vibrating phone beside me while I was going by my own business that day, once the mobile’s LCD lit up, it showed a familiar picture of me and my best friend along with her name flashing. “Aish..” I let out a soft sigh, waiting for the my best friend to give up with the phone call, and with a swift motion I grabbed it up from the desk, typing away a quick message.

 

[Text to: Kyungie] I’m sorry, Kyung. Things are complicated right now. I promise I’m alright, so no worries yes? I’ll be back soon, you’ll see me soon. Until then, take care of yourself. I love you~ Chu~ <3

 

“I’m so sorry...” I whispered into the wind, burying my face in my palms, feeling the remorse I had towards keeping my best friend in the dark about my situation.

 

But she has to be kept safe.

 

Before I could let my thoughts go further, a sudden door slam caused me to perk up in my white swivel chair.

 

“Sera nooooona!” Seungri entered the room, being his usual energetic self, his arms stretched out wide.

 

With a soft laugh, I shook her head at his silly actions and stood up to give him a quick hug over my desk before flopping back on the chair. “What brings you over to my side of the house, hmm?” I inquired, my right eyebrow raising.

 

One corner of his lips tugs upwards into a smirk, “Look at you, being the queen of the house and everything. You even have your own side? Aaah, Seung hyung spoils you a whole lot.” He shook his head as if in disbelief and I let out another laugh as a reply. “Well, I just came to check if the Incheon deliveries came in? I’m stopping by over there tonight for an errand and I wanted to see if there were things I could.... use.”

 

“Use, hmm?” I repeated the last word he used, my tone raising in curiousity. Grabbing the wireless mouse of my laptop, I ran through the deliveries once more. “Yep, you’re good with that.. But.. Seungri-ssi..”

 

“Yes? And noona! Yah! I told you to call me saeng, I’m more comfortable with that.”

 

“Fine, saeng. I ... What do you mean by... errands?” I asked, my eyelids narrowing together.

 

“You really want to find out what I’m supposed to do, noona?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Are you hungry?” He suddenly switched the question into one completely out of subject.

 

“Y-yes. I mean- yah! Answer my question. Aish..” I grumbled under my breath and stood up when he did, stomping my foot childishly.

 

Seungri stopped in his tracks and turned around on his heel to look at me, freezing in place before reaching his hand out and bringing me out of the office by pulling at my wrist. “Stop asking weird questions noona, and let’s just eat? Alright?”

 

With a defeated sigh, knowing that it was Seunghyun's strict orders to keep some of their darker deeds in secret when the other boys are with me, I let him lead me through the connecting halls of the big house. Come to think about it, I’ve been so thankful towards Seunghyun’s youngest mafia brother, as he always made it a point to check up on me and make sure I was alright. One could even say that he’s a close friend now.

 

We always had lunch together too, especially when he wouldn’t have any of his mafia duties that day. Unlike Seunghyun, who, for the past few days, had been too busy to check up on me, he was there to take care of me.

 

I playfully bumped his hip and ran towards the big dining hall area, getting ouy of his grasp, “Yah!” I heard him call out as he chased after me.

 

What greeted me in the dining hall was a big surprise though, effectively stopping me in my tracks.

 

It was Seunghyun, sitting in the middle chair and with that tall blonde girl who they call Jinah seated on the chair on his right. The two looked like they were in deep conversation when I barged in, and though there was no mirror in sight, I knew that my mouth was hanging agape upon seeing them together.

 

“Sera noona I’ll tickle you until you-- ohp.” Seungri stops whatever he was about to say to greet the two with a wave and smug grin, “Jinah, hyung. Nice to see you.”

 

“Oh, she’s here?” Jinah murmured as if accusingly, pointing to me with a raised brow. “What is she doing here?”

 

Seunghyun’s eyes focused in on me after ignoring the girls' question, and I stood there motionless still. I didn’t know why, but my heart at that point felt like it was being squished by a boa constrictor snake.

 

"Sera, You’re here.” His deep voice finally made its presence known, and it resonated through the dining area. “Why don’t you two eat, hmm? There’s a lot of food.” He suggested, gesturing over to the plates upon plates of gourmet food that was laid out on the long table.

 

“I--” I opened my mouth to speak but I somehow lost the ability to come up with something at that point.

 

“No thanks hyung! Sera noona and I were actually planning to eat out. Right, noona?" He said, stepping forward and placing himself by my side, "I’ll take her back to Seoul quickly to get some take out burgers. Promise we’ll be safe, alright? Bye Jinah, bye hyung!” Seungri, being the savior that he was said, wrapping his arm over my neck and pulling me out of the room.

 

And even until the moment I turned my back around, I could feel the weight of Seunghyun’s stare on me.

 

--

 

The crashing small waves that the water created when I dove into the pool that late night was somehow soothing. It gave me a sense of peace, amidst the busy thoughts and the over-the-top lifestyle I’ve been experiencing the past few weeks.

 

I think something’s wrong with me. I thought to myself, while I laid on my back, letting my whole body float on the clear water. Why do I keep thinking of him? I asked once more as I stared up at the starry sky. I shouldn’t be thinking this way of someone as dangerous as him... But why? Why was I so bothered seeing Jinah and him together? Especially after hearing Seungri’s story this afternoon as we were chowing down on some fast food burgers.

 

[flashback]

 

“Did Seunghyun hyung tell you about the seven founding fathers?” Seungri asked as he turned the steering wheel of the luxury car.

 

“Mm.” Was my simple response, thoughts still flooded with thoughts of the scene I witnessed back in the mansion.

 

“Jinah’s appa is one of them, too. He’s.. dead. Like Jiyong hyung’s appa. Both of them sacrificed their lives for our father’s sake in a bloody battle with the Triad, and we owe a lot to them. That’s why Seung hyung treats her well.” He explained in a careful tone, as if he was some kind of lawyer defending a case. “Plus, we’ve known each other since we were in diapers- all osix f us.”

 

I scoffed, and by treating her well, you mean, canoodling? I let my inner diva get the best of me on that one, and I rolled my eyes.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing.” I managed to reply, shoulders drooping while I focused on the bag of french fries in front of me.

 

“Are you jealous?”

 

I gasped loudly, answering in a defensive manner while glaring at him, “No.”

 

Seungri reached out his hand to ruffle my hair, “Ah, our Sera noona is cute.”

 

[end of flashback]

 

“Cute my ,” I shook my head and murmured under my breath, pushing myself up with both palms pressed on the swimming pool gutter so I could get out. It became my routine to swim a few laps back and forth, and ending it with my own jacuzzi session.

 

I rested my head back slowly on the concrete tiles that surrounded the bubbling, warm jacuzzi and let out an elongated sigh, closing my eyes once more and basking in the moment of silence.

 

“It seems as if you’ve been making good use of the facilities in the house, Sera.”

 

Wait... Was I dreaming?

 

I asked myself when I heard that familiar fierce tone, my eyelids slowly fluttered open, and the scene that greeted me when my orbs adjusted caused my mouth drop.

 

It was Seunghyun of course, who else would it be- standing by my head, he was shirtless and had only a pair of swimming trunks on, and at that moment I could feel my cheeks heat up intensely when I laid eyes on his chiseled torso, the seven star tattoo that adorned his broad chest greeting me as well. His smirk was evident on his lips while we stared back at each other for what seemed like eternity.

 

“I... Er... Y-yeah well, why wouldn’t I?” I finally broke the silence, sitting up in place and watching his every move as he entered the bubbling jacuzzi and taking his place beside me.

 

“Hope you don’t mind though, me joining.” He replied with a shrewd tone, setting two wine glasses behind me as well as a bottle of red wine whose name I can’t even pronounce correctly even if I wanted to. “I brought a friend.” Seunghyun added, pertaining to the drink and grinning as he poured the red liquid into the glasses then elegantly hands me one.

 

“Th-thank you.” That was all I was able to come up with, as the inner teenager in my head was already giggling and joyfully exalting at the situation I was in.

 

Me, him, in a hot tub. Kyaa!

 

“You look good. Is that swimsuit yours?” He asked, eyeing me over before sandwiching his lower lip between his teeth in a suggestive manner.

 

“Ah, n-neh. It’s an old thing. Yeah.” I was surprised I could even reply to him at this point in time, as I was now too conscious of my bikini clad self. “It’s .. Something I bought when my friends and I went to the beach one summer after we all graduated college.” Oh god. I keep rambling. When I realized this, I decided to shut myself up by taking a huge swig from the wine glass, gulping it down.

 

His eyes never left me, “Mm, that’s nice. It must have been nice, huh? I’ve never gone on a beach trip with friends... My summers were spent either working or in the high mountains of Japan.”

 

My own peepers darted towards him, the beads of water nestled along his pronounced jawline and his damp hair deliciously messy, causing me to try and swallow the lump in my dry throat. “J-japan? Why there?” I asked out of my usual curiosity.

 

“My appa sent me there to learn the different styles of martial arts.” He sighed out his words, his eyebrow quirking upwards. “I know, boring, right? I’ve never had a normal childhood. It was all just.. Work, being trained how to fight, then more work... All of that. That's the only life I’ve ever known. Being in the mafia is no joke, as you now know. I have to learn how to fight, as we're always constantly butting heads with the other groups.” He continued on, running his hand through his wet hair and downing the contents of the wine glass before refilling mine and his own.

 

I sat there in thought once more, that must have been a sad way to grow up. I pondered on, not just for him, but for Seungri as well and all of his brothers. It must also be why he can relate to Jinah as well. These particular thoughts elicited a pout from me , as I felt my plump lips droop down.

 

“What are you thinking about, hmm? What’s with all this pouting?” He suddenly asked, scooting closer to me and poking at my pout with his index finger with a low chuckle, an action that was so unlike his usual front- it was childish and cute.

 

“I was just thinking how it must have been hard. You were born into a life of luxury... But all these.. obligations came with it. I’m wondering how it is to deal with everyday..” The honest thoughts of mine spilled out and I took it as a cue to drink from my wine glass once again, almost emptying the thing out yet again.

 

It took a while for him to shoot back a reply, as he looked like he was deep into the cave of his thoughts too. I don’t know if it was the vibe of the calm starry night, the expensive red wine, or the fact that we’ve never been this... Intimate with our thoughts with each other, but my heart was beating out of my chest at that point.

 

“Mm, it has its perks though. Especially... now.” He finally answered back, his head turning once again towards my direction as our eyes meet, his brown orbs in sync with mine.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because..” Slowly yet gracefully, he leaned in closer, his arm hovering over my thighs as his hand right settles down beside it on the jacuzzi's seat, effectively trapping me. “I... get to keep you around.” Those words were the last ones that echoed through my head before I was in.

 

Into his kiss.

 

Our lips met and instant shivers went through me it was as if a cold gust of wind blew through my exposed skin. It was then I realized that there was nothing more electrifying than feeling the warmth of his plump buds over my quivering ones. I felt more trapped into the kiss more than the position we were in, pressing in deeper, wanting to feel more.

 

It was then I realized that at that moment, there was nothing more I could nor nothing I could ever need.

 

I wanted to stay that way forever.