Two- In The Club

Poison

I'm glad to see that people are slowly taking an interest on this new story of mine. I need to give you more so that you guys will be enticed to subscribe ne? *giggles* Anyways, thank you for taking the time to read this story, and I would greatly appreciate it if you could leave comments after reading~~ Thank you so so much! Saranghae~

PS: Other fics will be updated soon!!

Oh and don't forget, similar to my other story, you can take a peek at what Sera is wearing by clicking on the blue text within the story :)


 

By 10 o’ clock that night I was dolled up (courtesy of my best friend who loves to make me her doll) and ready to go out for our girls night out. We’re meeting up with some old friends from college, and I was more than excited. I was actually thankful for this night, as I hoped that alcohol would make me forget about the embarrassing stint that I encountered this morning.

 

“You look awesome, girl. I’m so proud.” Kyungri says I slip inside the passenger seat of her car.

 

Fixing my dress in place, I gave her a smug smile. “But of course, my stylist picked it out for me.” I joked, earning a laugh from both of us.

 

It didn’t take long for us to reach the club, and by that time it was packed with people. Luckily enough, I was friends with one of the most sociable heiresses in the city, and we didn’t have to line up. I followed Kyungri up to the VIP area in club’s second floor, the loud house music was ringing in my ears, I could feel the beat of my heart in sync with the bass coming from the huge speakers surrounding the area.

 

Waving happily, I saw all of my old girl friends back when we were still all studying in SNU. I gave each of them a hug before slipping in one of the VIP booths.

 

Kyungri slid over a glass full of rum mixed with coke to me and I gladly accepted, taking a huge gulp from it immediately, effectively consuming half of the liquid in the glass. One of my friends, Hyuna, leaned in to say something near my ear, as it was impossible to hear each other in this place without whispering or er- shouting in each others' ears. “Yah! Slow down will you? Why are you drinking so much?” She says, giggling. I giggled as well and just gave her a shrug.

 

After a couple more gulps, I was down to my third glass. I wasn’t tipsy, but I was definitely feeling the effect of the alcohol. The girls and I were up on our feet, dancing to the music and I was finally having fun, like all of my worries just flew away.

 

Kyungri who was standing by my side froze in her place, I noticed her and tapped her shoulder, shouting ‘what is it?’, hoping that my voice could be heard through the blasting music. She looked at me like she saw the ghost of Christmas past with slightly open, before shifting her eyes onto the VIP booth across ours.

 

I turned my head and it was like everything slowed down, like the loud music wasn’t even playing. All I could hear was the thump thumping sound in my ears, I gulped hard.

 

Oh no, it was Seunghyun.

 

“We have to get out of here!” I said, shouting at my best friend and tugging her by her wrist.

 

She scratched the back of her head with her other hand, “Eh? Why? It’s not like he’ll remember you! Relax!” I could barely hear her, but she had a point. I looked nowhere near the way I did this morning, and I doubt he’ll even see me with all the people surrounding him.

 

I slumped back down at the booth, taking advantage of the distractions around us to stare at him.

 

He was wearing that leather jacket from the incident this morning, only this time he only had a white shirt underneath, no more necktie and linen shirt. On top of that, he had denim jeans on instead of slacks. I took a sip from my glass as I continued to watch him, he was whispering something to the girl beside him. Kyungri was right, he had two girls on either side of him, both of which were glued to him and fawning over him. He must have picked the girls out from a fashion show because both looked like models, glamorous ones at that. Surrounding him are four other guys who looked like they were in the same social status as him, each with a girl on their arm.

 

He really lives the good life.. I thought to myself, taking another sip. It was hard to deny, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of him. He was the most handsome human being I have ever laid eyes on, and for me to admit that says a lot, as I’ve always been nonchalant when it comes to boys. I’ve had a few suitors here and there, but I really didn’t have time for them, as I was juggling two jobs and a scholarship.

 

My heart stopped beating when he looked over at our booth and began to scan us one by one, I had hoped he wouldn’t recognize me but when his gazed stopped on me, I knew he did. My eyes widened fully as his eyebrows raised slightly in surprise when he looked at me, making it even more obvious that I was looking at him. His expression shifted, the edges of his lips curl upwards into a knowing smirk, and I almost dropped my glass.

 

Luckily, I managed to put it back on the table and shift away from him, I gestured to Kyungri that I was going to the bathroom and didn’t even wait for a response. I scurried away to the hallway leading out to the bathrooms, I had to think of a way to get out of there without being noticed.

 

Slamming the door open, I placed both my palms on the sink counter and started to breathe heavily. “He couldn’t have possibly remembered me.. I mean, it was nothing, just a silly encounter..” I murmured to myself, trying to regain my composure. I don’t know why, but ever since crossing paths with Seunghyun, I seemed to have been a ball of hot mess.

 

I fixed my hair in place, parting both equally and letting it drape on either side of my neck, pulling my dress down as I made my way out of the bathroom and into the hallway.

 

There he was, leaning back against the red wall, his right leg crossed over his left, a grin evident on his face as we locked gazes once more.

 

Seunghyun straightened up after what seemed like minutes, the faint sound of music can still be heard from a distance, he walked up to me, taking elegant strides forward and arches his right eyebrow, “Oho, who do we have here? It’s you...” He said in his low voice, putting both his hands on each of his front pockets as he scanned me from head to toe, making me feel extremely conscious of myself. “The girl from this morning.”

 

I swallowed the lump in my throat before replying, “A-and it’s you, the boy from this morning.” I said, trying to make it sound like a snide remark.

 

He laughed once, causing an echo in my eardrums, “Aha, you’re a sassy lady, aren’t you? Hm, well, I think you created a dent on the hood of my car... You swung your purse real hard, you know? I think..” He grinned more, “I think I’m going to need you to pay for it.”

 

What the... “Excuse me mister, but I think your overly-expensive car is fine.” I glared, and he looked at me like I was some clown hired for his entertainment pleasures.

 

“Mm, feisty. I like it. Well, that’s true. I just wanted to see you glare at me one more time. Aha, and for the record, I’m no boy, I’m Seunghyun,” He said in a tone that exuded pride, “Choi Seunghyun, and you should start calling me boss, Miss.." He paused for a short while, his face brightening as muttered, "Sera.”

 

I stood there frozen as a bag or rocks, “H-how did you..”

 

“Get a hold of your name? Well, you did apply this morning to be my secretary, is that right? I was going to wait until the morning to have someone call you to inform you but this way is much more fun eh? It was like fate brought you here.” Seunghyun remarked, taking more steps towards me as I paced back, hitting a dead end as I felt the wall behind me. He put his hands on either side of my head, leaning in. “I came here to tell you that you’re hired. You start on Monday.” He smirked, eyeing me over once, my body stiffened even more under him.

 

“Surely it’s an offer you cannot refuse right?” He added, leaning in more as his face was inches away from mine. His slender index finger reaches in to over the bridge of my nose, leaving a tingly sensation on my skin. “I can’t wait to work with you, see you soon, Sera.” He says, pulling away from me and pivoting around, making his way back to the club.

 

I was left standing there, motionless and out of breath, my back still firmly pressed against the wall. What just happened? I was... I’m hired? I’m going to be his secretary? I’m.. I’m going to have to see him every single day? Eottokae!!

 

---

 

I flailed around on the mattress of my bed, putting a pillow over my face as I screamed into it.

“Yah! Get a hold of yourself, Serbear! Aish..” Kyungri slapped my thigh, letting out a laugh. “Look, this isn’t all that bad, alright? Think about it... You’re going to be working for one of the top and I mean, the number one company in all of South Korea,” She says in the voice she uses when she’s trying to reason with me. “It will look good on your record. And plus, you get to see Choi Seunghyun every single day. You know why there were hundreds upon hundreds of applicants for that position? Half of those are just crazed hormonal ladies who would want to get into his pants... And lucky you! He hired you himself.”

 

Slowly peeking out of from the pillow I looked at her. Aigo, she was making a lot of sense. “I mean.. I m-mean this opportunity, it doesn’t come knocking on my door a lot h-huh?” I said, chewing on my lower lip.

 

“Yes! And that’s why.. You just have to accept. Where else can you find a good opportunity such as this one?” Kyungri replied, crossing her arms and nodding firmly once.

 

“I... You’re right.. I have to do it.. I can’t let this pass me by.” I said, sitting up.

 

“You’re going to do well, don't worry.. hwaiting!” She says, raising her fist up in the air as a sign of encouragement. “But first, we need to shop for some good clothes for you to wear in the office. Let’s go!” She says, pulling my wrist as I knew I had no choice but to follow her.

 

And though I made my decision already, something about this decision tells me that I’m just setting myself up for disaster. I sighed as we walked out my apartment door, I guess we’ll see then won’t we?