Eight - Confusion Part Deux

Poison

Hello! I'm back and diligently updating as promised ! 

Hope you like this update! <3 Once again, please please do not hesitate to comment below, letting me know what you guys thought of this update, or of the whole story in general! :3

<3


My head was a pool of thoughts, ideas- even questions. All of which pertaining to what Kyungri and I just heard from the other end of the line of that forbidden phone. I rested my elbow on the car door’s armrest, picking at my lower lip mindlessly while my thoughts hurried off to every direction possible. My best friend, who was beside me driving, fell silent as well.

 

Weapons?

 

Does he mean, weapons such as- guns?

 

What would Seunghyun want to do with such things?

 

I didn’t think he would be interested in them...

 

Why was the phone there in the first place?

 

Why was I forbidden to answer it?

 

Were those the kinds of calls he was getting all the time, even?

 

“.. -kay?” I caught the last word of Kyungri’s question, as I’ve been again, too distracted with my thoughts.

 

“Hmm?” I just went with my gut feeling, and answered her question like how I understood it. “I’m okay, I’m just.. I... I don’t know how to feel towards that phone call.” I murmured, shaking my head. “Am I ... am I working for someone dangerous? Gah, I don’t even know.”

 

“Tsk! I knew there was something wrong with that dude. I mean, he can’t be all perfect , prim and proper, right?” Kyungri said, snapping her fingers while her one hand controlled the steering wheel of her luxury convertible. “Maybe.. I mean, maybe you should tell him what you heard, Sera?”

 

My mouth flew open, “And what? Risk getting fired? Kyung, I.. I just got this job, and I must say it’s been paying my bills well. I don’t want to look for another job.”

 

She probably sensed the desperation in my voice, as she was only able to give a curt nod.

 

I let out a nervous sigh. “I’m.. I’m going to have to relay the message though, huh? It seemed like an urgent message. What if he doesn’t get the message? Then the man would say something about talking to a woman if he gets scolded by Seunghyun. Either way.. I’ll... I'll be busted. Kyaaa!” I buried by face in my hands, squealing in anguish.

 

“I’m sorry I put you in this position Serbear! I didn’t know. Look, if he fires you, you can work for our company, okay? It’s no problem. There's always that. It may not be the number one company in Korea but still.. Aisht! Just take the risk.. He might not get mad, there is that chance~” Kyungri replied, in an attempt to calm me down.

 

“...So, do I wait until tomorrow? Or do I tell him now?” I asked, lips quivering out of nervousness.

 

“I..”

 

“I mean.. I don’t even know where he ran off to. He could be anywhere! I could just.. wait until tomorrow.” I cut her off, hoping there was some way I could escape from this.

 

“No, Ser, you have to tell him now, if you wait until tomorrow, it’ll just make you go crazy and you’ll just freak out. I know you, you have a tendency to freak out. Let’s just think this through, alright? Where are the places he usually goes? We're already out anyways, might as well get it over with."

 

“Uhm...” Think, Sera, think! It’s what you’re good at.. “Well..” I glanced at the clock- it read 7 pm. “It’s too early for him to be in clubs, I doubt they’re open at this time...”

 

“Where else could he be if not in clubs?” Kyungri asked again, her eyes fixed on the concrete road ahead.

 

Suddenly, we passed by a familiar Japanese restaurant- and then it hit me, I remembered my earlier conversation with Seunghyun before we ate in that high end sushi place. “He says, he usually stays in Jiyong’s house. Here, in Gangnam. He lives too far.”

 

“Jiyong? Kwon Jiyong? Ah... The heir to the Kwon fortune. I see. Do you know his address?”

 

I shook my head, eyebrows meeting together at the center of my forehead. “He just said Gangnam. I don’t know. Kyung, I don’t think I could just march up there, ask to speak to Seunghyun and tell him right then and there. Gah! I... I cannot...”

 

“But you have to, Sera~ And besides, like you said.. you’ll get busted either way.”

 

I scowled at her, “This. Is. All your fault, pabo-yaaa~!” I couldn’t help but pinch her on the arm, tone in panic.

 

“I already told you I was sorry now shh! I’ll help you get a job if things go bad, okay? I promise. But now, let me make it up to you, let me call my connections, see if I can find Jiyong’s address.” Kyungri said, turning the steering wheel and looks for an empty spot on the side of the street, parking there.

 

Playing with my fingers to relieve my stress even just a bit, I let my best friend work her magic. She knew her way around the high society scene, and I trusted her with that.

 

“Okay, got it. Let’s go there!” My best friend said as she put down her phone, pulling out of our parking space and heading back towards the main road, leaving me to my worried thoughts once more as well as my churning stomach.

 

--

 

“Are you sure this is the right apartment?” I asked her as we stood in front of what we believed was Jiyong’s apartment.

 

Before Kyungri could even answer, we heard a bunch of manly laughs coming from inside the apartment, followed by a “Seungri! Stop being an idiot!” scolding from one of the men inside, it was then I knew that there was a high chance that Seunghyun was there, and it made me shiver in my place.

 

“...I think this is the place.” She remarked with a small nod of her head.

 

“Neh, it is. I’m sure of it. Er- so.. I’m really going to tell him about the phone call? Yes? I’m.. really going to do this..” I asked, but it was more of a rhetorical question, because I knew it was the answer to that and it was the right thing to do.

 

“Now or never.”

 

With another nod, I huffed out a huge breath of air, shakily reaching out to ring the doorbell.

 

“Hold on a sec guys.” I heard someone’s say from the inside.

 

“Are we expecting visitors?” Another voice asked, and just then, the owner of the apartment opened the door.

 

Jiyong’s eyes widened as he saw me, he then glanced at Kyungri, who gave him a small wave then back to me. “Aaah, Sera-ssi? Why are you here? You lookin’ for Seunghyun hyung?” He asked, smiling at me, his cheekbones rising as he did so.

 

“N-neh, M-mister Kwon, is he in there? It’s.. It’s really urgent.”

 

Letting out a melodic laugh, Jiyong opened the door wider for us. “Eyy, just call me Ji. And sure, he’s inside, having a drink with us. You can find him there.” He said, pointing down the hall.

 

I left my best friend with him and slowly but surely walked to the end of the hallway, turning to the luxurious looking living room, with leather couches and a lit fireplace- heck, the whole living room was bigger than my apartment. I saw the back of Seunghyun’s head peeking out from the couch as his back was facing me. Seungri was the first one to spot me, he stood up and jumped excitedly, pointing to me. “Hyung, look! It’s Sera noona!”

 

With a quick turn of the head, Seunghyun and I made eye contact, his bewildered look from this morning was once again present.

 

My mouth opened, ready to speak, but I was interrupted when Seungri started pulling at my hand, urging me to sit next to him. “Sit here, noona. Aish, it’s so nice to have you here with us, now it’s not a sausage fest, eh guys? And you even brought Kyungri noona! I didn’t know you guys were close.”

 

“I didn’t know you knew her, either.” I said, but thinking about it now, I guess all the rich kids in Seoul would know about each other already, I thought, sitting down on the couch opposite Seunghyun, whose eyes never left me the minute he saw me, by the way.

 

“What brought you two here?” Jiyong asked, pouring wine into two glasses and handing it over to us.

 

“Sera... Wanted to see Seunghyun.” My genius best friend had to say, causing me to shoot a death glare over to her. “I think she said, she had something important to tell him? I was just merely helping.” She nodded her head, and I saw Seunghyun tilt his head from the corner of my eye.

 

“Is this true, kitten?” His deep voice filled the room, making a resounding wave in my ears. Everyone fell silent upon hearing his term of endearment.

 

“Eeeeeeeh??! Kitten?? Hyung! When did you start calling your secretaries kitten?” Seungri asked the question that was probably on everyone’s minds.

 

“I.. I.. Neh. Can I see you privately, boss?” I asked albeit nervously, sipping on the wine so as not to be rude to the host that gladly took us in tonight. I glanced over at Seunghyun who suddenly curved his lips up into the most attractive smirk I’ve ever seen.

 

He then stood up, almost elegantly, holding his hand out to me. “I don’t see why not. Ri, lemme borrow your room, hmm?” He murmured ever so smoothly, taking my hand and leading me back into the hallway, letting me follow behind him awkwardly and clumsily, leaving all of our friends stunned.

 

Opening the door, he led me in the big room, closing the door behind me and keeping me pinned against it, I don’t know how I got there, but I was so mesmerized by Seunghyun that the next thing I knew, my back was pinned against the white door.

 

Focus, Sera! This is what a few hours of not seeing your boss does to you? You become a puddle of mess? Aissh~ Shame on you!

 

The inner pragmatic voice in me scolded, as I gulped hard, staring up at him, his hands were on either side of my head, only our breaths were what was separating us at this moment, his face oh so close to mine. “What is it? What’s the big emergency?” He asked in a velvety tone, making me whimper inwardly. He smelled like alcohol, and I knew he was a bit intoxicated at that point.

 

“We er--..” I can’t drag Kyungri into this mess, even though she was at fault. “I er... I accidentally, answered the phone..”

 

Seunghyun wrapped his index finger around my strands of brown locks, “Hmm? What phone, beautiful?”

 

Tipsy or not, I have to do this... Just blurt it out, gosh darn it!

 

“I... That phone I wasn’t supposed to answer. The forbidden phone.”

 

Seunghyun’s smug look suddenly went away, he stepped back, his face showing a mixture of interest and shock, his right eyebrow then arched, “What did you hear?”

 

There was a pause from me, which then caused him to ask, with a stronger voice this time, "What.. did you hear, Sera?"

 

I gulped again. And hard at that. “The uhm, the weapons you ordered came in.” I said, chewing on my lip right afterwards, “I’m sorry, I know I wasn’t supposed to answer it- I’m sorry Boss. I .. I understand if you want to fire me.”

 

There was a long pause, the silence made it unbearable. Seunghyun just stood there, eyeing me from head to toe a few times, his plump lips pressed together in a tight line, arms crossed over his what I would imagine, his chiseled chest, on top of his expensive shirt.

 

“....W-what now?” I asked, unable to keep silent any longer.

 

“Let’s talk about this tomorrow morning, hm? I need time... Time to think about things. Come to my office first thing in the morning.” He said, in a more stern voice, passing by me and leaving me in Seungri’s room, all alone and once again- confused.