Three - Visitors

Poison

Here's another update I worked on! Honestly, this story's giving me so much inspiration lately and I apologize to those who have been waiting for updates in my other stories. I'll try and work on my update for "Family Affair" by tonight! 

Anywho, please PLEASE tell me what you think of this story so far? And, I appreciate those who have subscribed already~ Gomawo everyone! <3 

You can also view their offices if you click the blue text~


I took small steps towards the front door of the office upon alighting the bus, hoping to delay the inevitable. It's nothing big, Sera. You can do it, do it for omma. I said to myself in encouragement, fixing my dress and making sure that everything was in place.

 

Everything I'm doing, every step I've taken since leaving my omma behind was also for her sake. My past experiences as a child wasn't really something most children would go through. Ever since my appa left us without warning, my omma was in a downward spiral, her minimum wage job couldn't support me and I had to learn how to fend for myself. But despite her inability to raise me, I made sure to send her money each month with the earnings I've gathered since I started working, and so, with this high-paying job, I could send her more- and maybe show her that I can also be successful in life.

 

Zhou Mi, as I remembered his name from the pedestrian incident, bowed at me the minute I entered the premises of the Choi Group of Companies that morning, I bowed back, my eyes turning into slits as I smiled at him.

 

"Good morning Miss Sera, I was told that I'd you to the CEO's penthouse office at the top floor." He muttered respectfully, smiling at me. "If you would please follow me..."

 

I of course immediately followed behind him, looking around the building as we made our way to the elevators. The CGC building almost looked like a five-star hotel, reminiscent of the offices you'd see while looking through pictures of the building on Wall Street located in Manhattan. You'd think I would notice the majestic structure of this building the first time I was here, but I was much too nervous back then to notice.

 

We entered the elevator as Zhou Mi swiped the key card he took out from his pocket before pressing the top floor button. Wow, talk about exclusive. I thought as we waited to get to the top floor. Hearing the beep of the elevator once we reached made me jump, it was evident that I was slowly becoming nervous again, unsure of what to expect from my boss and this job.

 

"Miss Sera." I recognized the lady who greeted us back from my interview. "It's nice to see you again." She said, using a softer tone than last time, she wasn't so scary after all, I thought. "I'm here to brief you on what to do as CEO Choi's secretary. Zhou Mi you could leave us now."

 

I followed her into a small conference room down a long and carpeted hallway. Beside the small room were two huge wooden doors with gold plates as door knobs. "That's where CEO Choi's office is located, and that's where you'll be staying" She stated. I gulped, I'm going to be alone... With him.. In that big office? Aish.

 

We started an hour long briefing on the things I can and can't do in the office, most of which were standard office etiquette. She then began telling me on how my boss likes his coffee, when not to disturb him and other stuff like that.

 

"He has two phones in his office, do not answer the black one, as that is strictly for his personal calls." She stressed, her stern voice returning and I nodded obediently while taking notes on my small notepad.

 

After a few other last minute reminders, she finally lets me in through double doors. I look around as my gaping eyes widen, his office really showed like it was fit for the CEO of the top company in Asia. It has floor-to-ceiling windows surrounding it, I had my own corner complete with all the equipment, and there was another door leading to Seunghyun’s office.

 

"Mr. Choi will be coming soon, he just has some personal matters to deal with, but I suggest you start working on making him his coffee." She says before shutting the door, leaving me to myself.

 

I entered his main office, staring around as I walk towards his table. It was a long table, something you would imagine a CEO would have. I run my fingers through the two single leather couches situated in front of his table, then to his gold name plate at front which said, "Choi Seunghyun, CEO". I then wondered to myself how it would feel like to inherit a company as big as this. Must be nice, I thought as I jokingly sat on his big leather swivel chair and spun around, giggling softly.

 

“Enjoying yourself, Sera?” A familiar deep voice rang through my ears which caused me to stand up immediately.

 

He seem to find my horrified face funny as he laughed once, shaking his head as he did. “Is my coffee ready?” He asked, walking towards his rightful table and sets his briefcase down, I then noticed a bandage on his right hand, the stain of blood indicated that it was still fresh.

 

“Are you okay, s-sir?” I asked stupidly instead of answering his previous question, my horrified look shifting into a worried one as I furrowed my eyebrows together, my eyes still fixed on his bandage.

 

Seunghyun sat down on the chair I was sitting in just moments ago and put his feet up his desk, the corner of his lips twitching slightly as he moved his right wrist. “I’ll be okay once I get my coffee, to be honest.” He replied, laughing again.

 

“O-omo, yes sir, let me get it. Black coffee with two spoons of sugar, yes?” I asked, scurrying away to the corner of his office to make him a cup of coffee

---

 

The first half of the day went by smoothly, as Seunghyun stayed inside his office for most of the day. I could hear his phone- the phone I was forbidden to answer ringing incessantly. I pursed my lips, wondering what his calls were about. I leaned back in my chair and took my phone, typing away as I sent Kyungri a message, I’m sure she’s waiting to hear from me.

 

[Text to: Kyungie] : After being here only a day, I could declare that Choi Seunghyun is a very secretive man. ㅋㅋㅋ

 

Minutes later, my phone buzzed.

 

[From: Kyungie]: Wae? ㅋㅋ I bet he looks dashing in his CEO office. Kyokyokyo~

 

I chewed on my lip, laughing softly while I typed my reply.

 

[Text to: Kyungie] : Aha nothing, he has a personal phone in his room and I am not allowed to answer it. Also, I wouldn’t know as I’ve barely seen him, he’s imprisoned himself in his office. Lol.

 

I pressed the send button and jumped in my seat in surprise as the double doors of the CEO room slammed open. I stood up in my seat and put my phone back on the table as four familiar-looking men went inside. My eyes followed them, as three of those men didn’t even bother to greet me, letting themselves in Seunghyun’s office.

 

One of them however, stopped by my desk and grinned at me, bowing. “Hello there, you must be Seunghyun’s new secretary, aren’t you noona? Can I call you noona? You look like a beautiful noona.”

 

I stared at him, blinking repeatedly. Like Seunghyun, he was handsome, only he had piercings and had a rougher image than him. “I’m Seunghyun, I mean, well my name is Seunghyun too, but you can call me Seungri, or Ri, if you want.” He said, reaching his hand out for a shake.

 

I then took Seungri’s hand in mine and his eyes lit up, “Hyung! Hyung! Why didn’t you tell me you had such a pretty secretary?!” He called out, as I heard footsteps coming out from Seunghyun’s office.

 

“Yah, hands off, Ri. You’ve only been here a minute and you’re already scaring her away.” Seunghyun said sternly as he pulled his hand away from our shake. “You have to excuse my friends, Sera, I really don’t know where their manners go sometimes.” He explained.

 

I bowed politely.“A-a-aniyo, It’s okay boss.”

 

The two men went inside his office, and all I could hear from my end was their boisterous laughter and cussing every now and then. It was interesting to have them here, as Seunghyun seemed to be more lively when they are around.

 

I began working on some paperwork, focused on my task at hand as the click clacking of heels was then heard inside the room. I looked up and saw a tall, slender woman with jet black hair, she too, looked like she just came straight from the runway, donning a very tight red dress and a designer purse slung over her arm.

 

“Can I help you, Miss?” I asked, and she stopped by my table, crossing her arms and raises her eyebrow at me.

 

“No, you can’t, I’m just here to see Seunghyun.” She replied in an arrogant tone, and right on cue, the five boys went out from his office.

 

I felt like I was watching some kind of drama where all the actors and actresses were good-looking and were all rich.

 

“Seunhyun, darling.” The tall woman said, opening her arms out for a hug and wraps herself around him. “I have some matters to discuss with you..” She said sweetly, waving at the other guys.

 

“Er- Hello Jinah.” Seunghyun glanced at me, and I had to make it look like I was focused on my computer screen and not to them. “Arasso, let’s go inside my office. See you boys later.” He said, heading inside the room once more with the girl.

 

“Bye Sera noona!” Seungri said, waving goodbye and earning a smack in the head from one of Seunghyun’s other friends. “Jiyong hyung! Wae? I was only saying goodbye..” He said, rubbing the back of his head as they exited the room.

 

I chuckled softly to myself, but the thought of that woman inside Seunghyun’s office made me feel uncomfortable, causing me to sulk. I just knew right from the start this dude had bad news written all over him, and from the looks of it, I may be right.