Five - Clumsy Kitten

Poison

Back with another update! Enjoy, and don't forget to tell what you think!!

 

Family Affair will be updated within the weekend, promise!! <3 Thank you for being so patient with me, you guys!

Saranghaeyo~

 


 

If anyone told you that working for Choi Seunghyun would be a walk in the park, I would like you to punch that someone in the face.

 

Why? Cause he has got to be the hardest person to read in the whole universe. I mean, the other night he was basically kissing me and come Monday, he acts like he didn’t do sh*t...

 

I scribbled on in my diary that afternoon, I could feel my face twisting into different emotions. It was a normal thing for me, writing in my journal was a venue for me to vent my innermost feelings and I must say, ever since I’ve worked for Seunghyun, this notebook has been full of my rants about this certain perplexing boss of mine.

 

“Sera,” Seunghyun’s voice me out of my writing trance as I jumped in my seat, clutching onto my chest from being startled. He covered his mouth with the back of his hand, stifling a laugh. Of course he’d laugh at me, aish. “Sorry about that. I’ve been calling you for the past minute but it seems as if you’re preoccupied.” Seunghyun said calmly, slipping his hands in his pockets and tilting his head. “I do hope you write nothing but good things about me in that journal of yours.” He says, grinning before clearing his throat, causing me to hug my journal tightly. There was no way in hell he could see this. “Anyways, I’m here to tell you that I won’t be here tomorrow, so you could take the day off.”

 

I straightened up in my seat, “Jinjja? Yes!” I cheered, raising a fist in excitement before realizing that he was still there. I smiled apologetically, putting my fist down and bowing. “A-ah I mean, thank you boss. Wh-where are you off to?” I asked, staring back at his amused self.

 

“Nowhere far, I just have a few things I need to deal with. You know, personal stuff. So, yeah. You can leave early today too actually.” He says, taking out one of his hands from his pocket and glances at his gold Rolex watch. Aish, there he goes again with the personal stuff excuse, I thought as I continued to stare at him, awaiting further instructions. “I’ll be leaving early, it’s my friends’ birthday tonight. See you soon then.” He says, nodding once and disappearing to his room.

 

---

 

Since I had the day off tomorrow, I decided to agree to one of my friends’ invite when she asked me if I wanted to go grab a drink or two with them. It was the same group of girls I was with in the club when Seunghyun ‘hired’ me, the ones I've known since my university days.

 

I stirred my drink with the glass stirrer and stared at the small blocks of ice in it purposeless, only to stop when one of my friends, Minah, tapped me on the shoulder to ask something. “So how’s work?” She inquired, seemingly excited to hear what I have to say.

 

I shrugged and brushed my hair out of my face with my fingers, raking through them, “Meh, it’s alright. I just do the usual secretary stuff, you know? Fixing his schedules for him, making sure he's on time for everything, making coffee, entertaining phone calls, taking minutes of the meeting..” I babbled on, slouching in my seat and taking another huge swig from my glass- my sixth glass that night.

 

She huffed and stuck her tongue out at me, “Whatever, Sera! You make it sound like it's the most boring job in the world. Aigooo! I would give anything to be Choi Seunghyun’s secretary.”

 

One of our other friends, Sungah, who seemed to be listening to our conversation hovered her phone in front of my face, “Do you even see this article? It was published yesterday. He was just named the most eligible bachelor in South Korea. Aish. You should really learn how to count your blessings girl. Not everyone can say that they see Choi Seunghyun everyday."

 

I responded to them by taking another gulp from my glass. I really didn’t know what to say. It’s hard to deny that I was interested in my boss, but from what I’ve seen so far (and what he had told me), he’s not all rainbows and butterflies. Something tells me that he's not what people assume him to be.

 

“We should hit the club! This pub is too dead anyway.” Kyungri suggested.

 

I narrowed my eyes at her, “Yah, I don’t want to go to some packed, loud club. I just want to go home and sleep.” I said, slurring my words. At this almost inebriated state of mine, I don’t think I can last long in a place like that.

 

She wagged her finger at my face, “Sorry Serbear, I’m your ride home, so you can’t say no to this.”

 

---

 

True enough, I couldnt. I found myself in one of the hottest and most popular clubs in Hongdae, wandering and slithering through the crowds of people with my friends. I could barely breathe at the amount of people inside and it added to my lightheadedness. I was getting bumped from every side and I almost got stepped on a few times- that's how packed the place was that night.

 

I looked around aimlessly and glanced at the second floor from where I was standing, squinting my eyes and waiting for my vision to steady.

 

Is that.. Is that Seungri? I asked myself, watching him as he leaned over the railing of the second floor with a nonchalant face while taking a sip from his beer bottle, then scanning the lone VIP booth upstairs. I then began to notice some familiar faces. Seungri.. Jiyong.. Daesung.. Youngbae.. that rude Jinah girl and of course, of-freaking-course, Seunghyun was there, drinking from a scotch glass and bobbing his head to the beat of the house music.

 

I shook my head, how the hell do we always cross paths like this? It would be best to just avoid them, I told myself, walking away far from their sight and trying to find Kyungri and the rest of my friends.

 

Omoo! She’s nowhere to be found, I must have gotten too distracted and they probably didn't realize that I was gone too. I mean, all of us have exceeded our normal drinking limit. To add to that, It was impossible to find each other with this kind of crowd. I searched frantically for my friends, looking around and walking, to no avail.

 

Feeling a little dizzy wasn’t helping either. As the minutes passed, my vision was getting more and more blurred, my breathing more shallow as the side effects of the alcohol started making itself known.

 

I passed through a crowd of men, hoping that my friends would be around that area. From my peripheral vision, I could see that their eyes were on me. I of course, ignored it and continued to walk straight.

 

“Hey Miss, looking for your boyfriend?” A stranger asked, putting his arm around me tightly. He looked like he’s had one too many drinks as well as he smiled creepily at me and his breath reeked of alcohol. My brain started going into panic mode, this is what I was afraid of. I squirmed and tried to get out of his grasp but he just wouldn’t budge.

 

Luckily, I saw the exit out into the alleyways and I instinctively walked towards it, hoping someone would notice that I was being harassed by this man.

 

“G-get off of me!” I shouted once we were out of the club, trying to draw attention to the bystanders and pushing him away.

 

“Don’t fight it, sweet cheeks.” He said, trying to kiss my face.

 

Out from nowhere, a sudden force effectively pulled his arm off of me.

 

I gasped and turned around, though my vision was a bit blurred, I could see Seunghyun’s silhouette hovering above the man as he was pressed against the concrete wall of the alley.

 

I held onto a dumpster’s edge for support as I tried to watch intently.

 

Through my clouded vision, I saw a side of Seunghyun that I’ve never seen before. He was always the serious type- that’s for sure. But the way he glared at the stranger was kind of creepy, his eyes were burning as his fist was raised, ready to swing a punch at any second, his other hand wrapped around the man’s neck. His leather jacket draped over his body perfectly, and a lit cigarette sandwiched in between his sultry lips, making him look like those bad boys in movies.

 

My vision started to go in and out, an indication that all the liquor I drank that night was taking a toll on me.

 

I was about to black out when I heard a sound that a solid punch would emit, a loud grunt of anguish from my perpetrator and something else, something that I couldn't process.

 

“T-Top p-please, spare me! I d-didn’t know y-you knew h-her!”

 

---

 

I stirred from my place that morning, the bright rays of the sun causing me to place a pillow ovr my face. I groaned as the feeling of hangover settles in me, how the did I get to go home from that crazy night? I asked myself as my thoughts wandered, up until the last bit of that night that I remembered.

 

That creepy man who tried to hit on me, Seunghyun being in the same club as me again, Seunghyun hitting someone... I stopped when I realized that those were the last details I remembered, and that was all I remembered. Sitting up abruptly, I gasped as I realized that I wasn’t in my room. I was in a comfortable room- yes. But it wasn’t my room, it wasn't any of my friends' room.

 

I immediately checked myself under the covers, heaving a small sigh of relief when I saw that I had clothes on. It wasn’t the same clothes from last night, but it was better than nothing. I looked at my clothes again and started to freak out, it was a man’s white linen polo shirt.

 

KYAAAAA!! Don’t tell me I slept with someone. Please no. I'm still a.. I'm still untouched! I wouldn't want my first time to be with someone I don't know and remember nothing.

 

I sighed again, scolding myself and cursing myself for even drinking that much before slowly slipping out of the covers, I had to get to the bottom of this.

 

I slowly reached for the doorknob and peeked out the room, seeing nothing but a long, carpeted hallway. I tiptoed out of the hallway and saw two flights of stairs, cascading down to the large receiving area of the house.

 

Wow, this looks like a celebrity’s house.. Am I in a celebrity’s house? I asked myself, momentarily forgetting my dilemma and gawking at everything, from the huge paintings to the crystal chandeliers, to the white grand piano in one of its living rooms. I’ve seen Kyungri’s house and it’s amazingly gorgeous, but this house makes it look like a small bungalow villa. I've never seen anything like this.

 

I continued to walk, taking my chance downstairs. As I passed by the front door, I realized that this place was heavily guarded by men in suits, something you wouldn’t normally see everyday. I could see them walking around the mansion's front garden, as if they were tasked to guard the President.

 

Omo, maybe I'm in a politicians' home? I took a guess again, hoping there were some clues around that could point to who's house this was.

 

My eyes were as wide as dinner plates as I wandered some more, smiling shyly at the ladies who were cleaning the windows.

Eventually I reach the end of a long hallway, a half-open door by the end of it seemed inviting, and so I did not hesitate to pace towards it. It looked like I was about to enter some type of library when I opened the door. I looked at the large floor-to-ceiling bookshelves, not really noticing that someone was sitting at the table by the end of the room.

“Well hello there, clumsy kitten. I’m glad to see you’re up.” The familiar deep voice ringed in my ears, I turned around with a staggered expression, my breath hitching in my throat as he smirked at me.

“S-Seunghyun?”