Gotta Be You

Tonight I'm Afraid Of The Dark

Jenny helped her best friend back into his bed. Exhausting him was the last thing she wanted to do. As well, Minji and Chaerin got into the room and the latter helped the younger girl lay on the whitewashed bed. 

"It doesn't look comfy." Chaerin broke the silence.

"I hope you never have to try one." Giggled the redhead.

"Unfortunately I already did." Chaerin laughed it off not letting a chance for her to ask anything. "Are you still with your girlfriend, Lee Chaerin?" Chaerin was surprised by sudden question and didn't understand why would Minji ask. She was obviously spacing out. "I mean..your lips tasted so good I miss that feeling."

Chaerin chuckled at how innocent and ert Minji sounded at the same time. Minji was chewing on her bottom lip staring at Chaerin's face. "I have to talk to Jennifer. Is it okay if I left for half an hour?"

"As long as you come back." She spitted sadly. Every letter digging deep into Chae's heart. "I promise I will come back." She left closing the door behind her as well as dropping Minji's heart. "What if she never comes back? What if..?"

 

 

Chaerin knocked on the door and stepped into Jiyong's room. "May I borrow my girlfriend for a second, mister Kwon?" She asked playfully. "Bring her back before midnight, miss Lee." 

"I will." He flashed his gummy smile and Jenny stood up, smiled at him, waved her hand and left the room following Chaerin. 

 

They settled down in a corner away from the crowd in the coffee shop facing the hospital. Chaerin didn't know how to start the conversation. She had a lot of questions and no answers. "What do you want to drink?" 

"Coffee.."

"So much coffee you're drinking, Chaerin!!" 

"I'm sorry I've been hiding it all from you. I didn't even know how I've been feeling. I was hiding from you and I both, Jenny."

Jennifer smiled and held Chaerin's hand squeezing it slightly. "I knew it all. Thought I am the one who needs to be sorry. I never told you about my feelings for Jiyong. I was trying to forget about them. I hated bringing them up. That's why I never told you. Please forgive me."

Chaerin smiled "I'm not mad at you. We're even, I guess?" Jenny nodded and smiled. "So, are we friends now?" Chaerin sighed. "Thank you for always being here for me when I had no one to run to."

"Thank you for taking the best care of me." Chaerin then stood up and bent down, kissed Jenny's cheek then suggested ordering coffee and leaving.

 

 

Minji fell asleep waiting for Chaerin. Jiyong was playing with his phone that magically survived the accident though the screen was half black but he made fun of it while showing it to Jen.

 

The blonde kissed her lover's forehead waking her up. "I love you." She whispered the second she opened her eyes. "I love you too." Chaerin kissed Minji's lips and smiled. "I've never stopped loving you, not even on my darkest days. I will never stop loving you." 

"Let's go back to Kor.." suddenly Minji's voice cracked and she started crying. "Do you think..Seunghyun survived it?"

"Don't think about it now, okay? Tomorrow we will call and ask if there is any news about the crash. Please don't cry."  She wiped away her tears and caressed her face. "I love you." She whispered.

 

 

The end is soon, so soon. I hope this story was not a disappointment nor a waste of your time, dear readers. Thank you all.