Free Falling

Tonight I'm Afraid Of The Dark

She peeked through the strip of view allowed by the badly shut door. She looked around for a few seconds till the couple standing by the closet caught her sight. They were facing each other. 

She focused on them, standing there almost lifeless. Some minutes later, the older girl moved her hands up and ed the top button of the other girl’s white shirt whispering “let me take this off first”. Doing the same to the other buttons, she took the shirt off and started undoing the blue jeans. 

The young girl looked tipsy but Minji was pretty sure that she didn’t take any alcoholic drinks in the past 3 days. She looked around the room again expecting an explanation. Nothing on the sofa nor on the bed’s both sides. But there was 3 weird small bottles on the night table and pills were allover the place and on the floor. 

She looked back at the couple to witness the ual kiss Chae has planted on the blonde’s neck. She stood there, shirtless, jeans undone, staring blankly at the girl who pushed her slightly and walked to the closet to get a pair of pajama pants and a sleeveless. 

Still lost somewhere in the space, she mumbled “but it’s you who I want this heart to beat for!”. 

Minji felt something heavy in her heart pushing her down to the floor. The view blackened and she didn’t see the slight head shake the blonde girl did before she helps Chaerin put the sleeveless on. After changing her pants, she whispered something in her ear and then looked closely at her. They looked as if they were kissing. 

The little stalker couldn’t take it anymore and headed back downstairs to the living room.

10 minutes later, Jenny joined the group of friends watching a movie in the living room. Minji glared at her and cleared . Something was definitely wrong. Jenny didn’t give it importance and walked to where the phone was. She dialed a number she had written on a piece pf paper. 

Everyone were so absorbed by the movie, everyone but Minji which created a weird vibe in the room. She heard the blonde girl say “Just come okay? This is a matter of life or death I’m facing here! I know no one but you here ! I’ll pay you whatever you want but come.” 

Everything went quite for a second before she screamed “You better ing come now!” and hang on the phone. 

She turned around to find everyone looking at her. She apologized and excused herself. Minzy never took her eyes off the older girl till she was not able to see her any longer. A little later, she excused herself too and followed the blonde upstairs. 

The door has been badly shut again. She heard Chae asking Jenny to not leave her adding some nonsense talk about monsters and nightmares. She has been acting and looking so different and that made the red haired girl a bit worried. She spaced out for a while till the seen of Chae holding Jenny and pulling her to lay on the bed brought her back to earth. But she calmly sat on the edge of the bed and held the sleepy girl’s both hands. Chaerin held Jenny’s hand close and kissed its back then smirked. But the other girl didn’t look as happy. 

"what an ungrateful !" complained Minji.

It went all silent for a while except for the fading sound coming from the television. 

 

She lied on the bed and got lost in her thoughts. Contemplating the roof, breathing with no desire to breathe. 

Seung Hyun was on his way to the washing room when he heard door knocks. He looked at his friends who all looked surprised. "It's pretty late, who would it be ?" he mouthed and glared at the door. Jiyoung nodded and Seung lumbered towards the door.

"Who is it ?" 

"Is Jenny here ? I'm the doctor, she called me around 30 minutes ago." The voice replied.

"Jenny !! Doc is here" screamed Seung Hyun.

"Let him in." She plodded downstairs and welcomed her guest then dragged him into Chaerin's room.

Minji heard the noise and got out of her room to see who would visit them at this late hour. She saw Jenny letting the tall handsome guy in Chaerin's room. After they got in, she tiptoed closer to the room. 

She heard Jenny's worried voice "Overdose, again ! I don't know what she possibly was thinking about this time" she sighed.

"I came in at the right time, thank god. Sorry for yelling earlier, you can't imagine how worried I was." she added.

Minji freaked out after hearing the conversation and went back to her room to let her body fall on the bed and her mind wander in other galaxies. 

"Nothing serious..." explained Dr. Lee before leaving the house. Everyone in the living room asked Jenny what's wrong and her answer was as short as it could be "Chae has fever." and she left them without adding any word.

The door was open though the blonde closed it before going down stairs. She tread in and there was Minji sitting next to Chaerin and facing her back to Jenny. 

"Are you willing to cause me a heart attack ?" she scolded with a loving tone. "Why are you doing this ? I thought you were cured. Do you know how worried I've been !" 

 

"It has always been about you!" Jenny cut her off. "how worried you've been..how you need a break..how relaxing it is for you..you..you..you.. And she has been your wish granting factory !" she added. 

Minji has been looking down. "Giving away her happiness for your sake. Being awfully deprived of the most simple things because..look at her, she's not the same person she used to be." 

The young girl, lifting her head slowly, was about to say something but Jennifer added "Please leave now. Enough with the pain you've been causing." She stepped closer to the bed "My girl needs some rest." She emphasized.