Faith

Tonight I'm Afraid Of The Dark

Chaerin left the hospital. That was absolutely not a good time to spend around Jenny. Jennifer was acting selfish and careless and Chaerin didn't feel like dealing with that. "What's the point?" she yelled slamming her car's door. The blonde drove so fast not realizing she was heading out of the city. "No bodies were found yet." her mother's voice echoed in her head. Chaerin cried. She cried like a little kid, like someone stole her Teddy Bear. She cried. The idea of Minji not existing anymore stabs her right in the heart. Her vision started getting blurry so she parked the car and rested her head on the steering wheel. Chaerin fell asleep.

The first strip of dawn light illuminated Chaerin's face. She opened her eyes and looked around. "How drunk was I last night?" she mumbled. She was not drunk. She was sad and heartbroken. Same effects I guess.

Starting her engine, she headed back to the hospital. The first coffee shop was her first stop. Caffeine is life. 

After a couple of hours she found herself sitting on the couch watching news. She prayed silently for a miracle to happen. Her who doesn't believe in miracles. The feelings that she's never experienced before. Even when she caught Minji in bed having with someone she trusted. Everyone betrayed her. Destiny betrayed her. She cried.

 

On the day they were leaving, Minji hugged Chaerin and whispered in her ear "I still can't sleep. I can't believe I lost my Faith." 

Chaerin knew exactly what faith her ex was talking about. 

"Even when you win, you lose in this game." 

"Me neither." She turned off the T.V and dialed Jenny's number. "When can you come home?" 

"Tonight."

"I'll come pick you up."

 

2 Hours later Chaerin was in the hospital. When she got in the elevator she heard the doctors chatting behind her say "The girl woke up. She'll definitely be fine but the Taxi driver won't. Also the guy, he'll be okay."

"It's said they are Koreans.." Chaerin's heart skipped a beat. "Koreans! What room did you say the girl is at?" 

"85" the elevator stopped. Chaerin got out and ran to the first nurse she saw "Would you please tell me where's room 85?" 

"3rd floor." 

"thank you so much." She bowed her head and ran back to the elevator that didn't seem to be back to that floor any soon. "It's just 5th floor. Stairs!"

She ran to the stairs and made it to 3rd floor breathless. The voice in her head nagged her to run faster and she did. 

   "Room 85"

She stood in front of the room staring at the plate blankly. Why does she feel like it would be it? She doesn't know either.

Cold sweat. Short breath. She knocked on the door briefly. A cute accent answered "come in."

Her breath stopped. She put her hand on the door knob and turned it slowly. Opening the door slightly while whispering "hello!"

She took a couple of steps in and tilted her head trying to see who's there. She gasped louder than she should and her eyes widened.

"Oh My GOD!" she yelled. 

 

 


On the plane

Jiyong looked at Minji who looked pale, spacing out.

"Minji-ah, what's wrong?"

"Do you think I'll ever see her again?"

Jiyong didn't say anything. The scene that happened the day when they got a yacht trip played in his head. He sighed and nodded. "What are you thinking of?" 

"Do you love her?"

"More than anything and anyone."

"Then you shouldn't give up on her. You shouldn't repeat your mistake."

 

Chaerin started sobbing. She didn't move. Not even 1 step. She froze in her place, looking at the girl on the bed, crying. No one dared to say a single word. Minutes passed. Chaerin moved closer to the bed. She bent over and kissed her. They cried.

She broke the kiss and contemplated the girl's face. She her hair behind her ear and gave her a quick peck on the forehead. 

"He said I shouldn't make the same mistake again. I shouldn't give up. We got off the plane." Chaerin smiled. "We jumped in the first cab and told him your address. We didn't even take our luggage. Who cares?" Chaerin shook her head.

"The driver was looking for his phone that was ringing and he forgot about the road. We.." Chaerin put her forefinger on Minji's lips and kissed her pale cheeks. 

"The doctor said you will be fine soon." 

"Chaerin, I'm sorry."

"Minji-ah" she whispered. 

"I love you." Minji started crying again. Chaerin took her hand and squeezed it. She kissed the back of her hand. "I'm sorry."

"Where's jiyong?" 

"They said he's in the room next to me. They said he's okay too. I'm worried about him."

"Wait here."

"I wouldn't leave even if I could."

Chaerin left the room and headed to room 86. She knocked on the door "Jiyong-ssi?"

"Yes?"

"It's me Chaerin." Jiyong smiled bitterly when he saw Chaerin come in. "Are you okay?" 

"I think so." He giggled. "Minji is worried about you. Do you want me to call Jenny for you? She's here too. She broke down when she heard about the plane crash. She thought you.." 

"We were lucky enough. Love saved us. I guess I should thank you?"

 

Jenny called Chaerin who told her she should come to room 86. Jenny found Chaerin waiting for her. She was about to open the door but Jenny stopped her and said "I need to tell you something first. Let's sit here."

"Okay. So I think you need to know this. I know it's over now even if I don't want it to be over but I have to tell you this."

"What is it? Why do you sound so serious all of a sudden?"

"I used to..I think I still do.. but.. I used to.. have feelings for Jiyong."

The girls could hear the gasp coming from behind the door. Chaerin opened the door and found Jiyong smiling like a dummy right behind the door. She coughed. "I'm sorry." He murmured "I didn't mean to." 

"JIYONG?!" Jenny yelled so hard that everyone in the lobby looked at them. "Oh Sweet Jesus!" Minji got out of the room when she heard her cousin's name. "What?" Jenny looked behind her to find Minji looking at them all worried. "MINJI?! Oh Dear Lord!"

Jenny's face was priceless. Everyone broke in laughter forgetting the pain, the shocking news. Jenny pulled Jiyong for a tight hug with tears streaming down her pretty face. "Thank goodness. Thank goodness." She said again and again.