I'm Sorry

Tonight I'm Afraid Of The Dark

Chaerin woke up that afternoon with a horrible headache. Before even opening her eyes, she roamed her hand on the side of the bed looking for Jenny.  "Jay!," she moaned into the empty room. Few minutes later Jennifer came up to see if her girlfriend woke up. "Good morning sunshine!"

"Good morning, baby..what happened last night? I have a horrible headache..," asked Chaerin innocently. "Uhm..well..You took a little more pills than the amount you're supposed to take but don't worry, you're all fine now." Jenny smiled and planted a quick kiss on Chaerin's cheek."Now get up and go take a shower, I'll wait for you and we'll go out for a super late breakfast," chuckled the older girl and helped her #1 trouble maker leave the bed and head to the shower. All their friends left the house already and there's only the two of them. 

It was a beach house that belonged to Jenny's family. One day an American-Korean friend of Jenny called her and told her he's coming in a vacation with some of his friends. 

"Jennifer!!! Some advice on where my friends and I could stay, please! and..uhh! I prefer if it'll be a calm place because my favorite cousin, you remember her?.."

"Yeah! Of course!!"

"So..she's kinda..let's say..sick.. and I need a calm place!!" 

"I have an Idea!"

"We'll meet, right?"

"YAH!! DON'T INTERRUPT ME!! We have a beach house, we can all spend some time there then you can stay in there till the rest of your vacation.."

"You don't have to.."

"shhhh! It's nothing!"

"Thank you!"


Chaerin finished showering, wrapped a towel around her body and went to the room to get dressed and join the blonde waiting downstairs for her. They left the house and headed to where their guests are. In the car, it was all silent till Jenny broke it "Do you want to talk about it?," she asked calmly and looked at Chaerin waiting for an answer. Chaerin didn't look like she's in the mood for that talk yet so Jenny the radio in order to sing away the awkwardness. 

 

Minji tilted her head to see the couple walking towards them, holding hands. She acted like she saw nothing and she went back to playing with her phone. 

"Good morning, Sleepy head, smiled Jiyong, do you feel better now?," he looked worried.

"Good morning, Chaerin smiled back politely, I feel much better, thank you."

They all chatted while the couple had their breakfast and Minji just played on her phone regretting her life choices. Her heart didn't beat normally for a second since the moment she saw her Ex's face. She missed her, every bone in her body missed her. Chaerin acted so different, felt so different. At first she even thought that it was not Chaerin because she didn't act like she knew her at all. 

The look in her eyes was cold, her words were cold but the warmth in her hand was still the same. Jiyong loved Minji more than anything else. He loved her so much and all he wants is to see her happy and safe. At first, he didn't recognize Chaerin but then he started suspecting things based on the way both girls were acting.

"Do you guys want to go to an amusement park? I really really want that!" Asked Seunghyun full of enthusiasm. Chaerin stopped eating and looked across the table and their eyes met. Everything seemed to vanish and time stopped. Nothing was there but Chaerin and Minji and the the string of beautiful memories of their very first date, their very first kiss, their very first night. "I'm sorry.., whispered Minji, I'm sorry..".