Zelo - Follow the Scent

Moments of Happiness with B.a.p♡


"And you would think that our school would be wealthy enough to hire janitors to do this work?" complained your friend who was currently sweeping the snowy ground.

You were about to comment on what your friend had said but instead, you shuddered and sneezed. There was an endless amount of snowflakes, falling from the gloomy sky. It made your cleanup seem impossible.

"How could you have not brought a jacket?"

"It wasn't snowing when I came out of the house." You were shivering in your winter uniform and tried to warm yourself up by rubbing the palms of your hands and hiking up your shirt collar.

"The weather report didn't mention anything about snow either."

Your friend sighed in pity as another gust of bone-chilling wind blew by. Just then, a jacket fell from a window above.

". You're going to catch a cold. Put this on."

 

This happened months ago and you didn't forget. It was the day you fell in love… with an unknown boy, only recognized by the pleasant scent that clung on the jacket you had received. Today, your friend and you were snow-sweeping again in the cold weather.

"I'm going to do it!" you exclaimed with confidence, hugging the jacket to your chest. "I'm going find the person through the scent!"

"Huh? Are you out of your mind?" asked your friend, frowning as you two finally finished your snow-sweeping.

"I'm sure he's an amazing guy--"

As if on cue, two boys walked by and your head turned instantly to stare at the taller one of them.

You grabbed your friend and focused her eyes on the back of the blond-haired male.

"Ah! It's him! That person is wearing the same scent!"

"No way! That was Choi Junhong! You have no idea who he is, do you? He's the best dancer of the dance team and the richest guy in school!" your friend looked at you with a shocked face and you didn’t really understand her.

So what if he is rich and good in dancing?

“No I don’t know him, but I make sure to know him hehe” suddenly you picked up some snow from the ground and formed a snowball. Your friend didn’t quite understood what you were doing there but in the next moment she gasped at the scene.

The snowball was flying towards the tall boy and it landed a good hit on his head. The two boys stopped walking and slowly the boys turned their heads towards you.

“Oh my God! What did you do?!” your friend slapped your arm and looked shocked between you and the boys.

The smile on your face got wider after seeing the tall boy glaring at you. But just then you noticed something. He had his jacket on and it didn’t look like the jacket you were holding was from him even though you were sure because of the scent.

“Can you tell me why you threw a snowball at me?” the boy didn’t look amused and he had the right to do so. Who would suddenly throw a snowball at the head of some stranger? Oh right, you…

“Um…well…I don’t know?” you stuttered and answered him with a lame excuse.Everyone looked at you like you were crazy and you just smiled at them.

Suddenly a big snowball landed right in your face. The sudden coldness made you shiver and wet. A loud laughter was heard after that and the culprit was none other than Choi Junhong.

“Hahaha! Revenge is the best! And your face was priceless! By the way you can call me Zelo” he laughed at you and soon another snowball landed on his face. Surprised you turned to your right to see your friend glaring at him and forming snowballs.

“We just swept here and then you idiots make it snow cowered again! Just wait and see how good we are!” your friend threw another snowball at them but it was blocked from the other boy. Soon a snowball war started and other students joined you. It was so much fun that you two forgot about your work but seeing him smile made you happier than ever.

Suddenly you heard a loud scream and saw Zelo in the snow with his face downwards. His friend was immediately on his side and crouched down to turn him over. Blood came out of Zelo’s nose and covered the snow under him in red color. Like a reflex, you run to him and gave him a tissue.

“He needs to go to the infirmary! I will take h-“

“No it’s okay. I will go with him!” you helped Zelo up and took his arm from his friend to help him walking. His friend nodded and helped your friend to sweep the chaos.

While you two were slowly walking to the infirmary, you could smell a familiar scent. It was the same scent that you fell in love with.

Is the scent coming from Zelo? Is he the one I’m searching for?

The doctor looked at his nose and said it wasn’t broken. He bandaged it and the blood stopped dripping. Zelo looked calmer now and thanked the doctor, before you two made your way out of the infirmary.

“Thank you for helping me” Zelo walked beside you and shyly scratched his neck. You stopped walking and looked at him. He looked cute with the little bandage on his nose and his small smile made it even cuter. You couldn’t help but to smile at him.

The scent was in the air again and you wondered where it came from. When it was really coming from Zelo then you had to ask.

“Can I ask you something? Can you smell this scent?” you nervously looked at him and waited for his answer. He smelled the air and smelled his shirt after that. A smile came across his face and he nodded.

“This scent…is coming from me. I wear it for a special girl” his smile got wider but your smile faded away. You felt how your heart broke because it meant that he already had someone he liked.

“Oh is that so? And I was too dumb searching for the owner of the scent. I should hav-“

“It’s you.”

“E-Excuse Me?”

“You are the reason why I’m wearing this scent everyday.” Just then he leaned down and his lips met yours. They were warm and soft and his kiss was gentle but passionate. Somehow you felt that he wanted this kiss for a long time just by his lips.

“Do you remember the day where a jacket fell from above you? Well it was from me and you loved the scent on it. Didn’t you search for me?” he broke the kiss while smiling and put his forehead on yours.

“Y-You knew? Wait…you even eavesdropped!” you were shocked at the sudden confession and the whole situation but couldn’t help to blush. Zelo winked at you before taking you in his arms to hug you. The pleasant scent filled your nose and you cuddled in his chest to cherish the moment. Suddenly all your worries vanished and you felt happiness and protection.

“You finally found me…or should I say I found you?”